Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This liberal leftist Obama voter easily meets the first three of your voting qualification and considers the rest of the list to be complete nonsense. So how would you keep me and most of my friends off your 'qualified voters' list?.
In Hawkeyes hypothetical world only hard core Republicans would be allowed to vote and i'm sure rigorous adherence to voting qualifications would be severely enforced,kinda making the whole idea of voting rather redundant and pointless,basically some form of Republican overlords would just rule forever.
The Achilles heel of such a system would be stagnation,inability to change or adapt to global trends or trends within its own mosaic..

Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,095,236 times
Term limits are what ruined California. The only professionals in Sacramento are the paid lobbyists.

When it comes to the law of unintended consequences, term limits have proven to be disasters.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,739,885 times
I'm sorry but healthcare is not and should not ever be an "earned luxury". I bet the author is a devout Christian so I'm not sure how he could possibly reconcile leaving the sick to die in the streets because they can't afford medical care with his "Judeo-Christian values". But then again, most RWNJs are swimming in hypocrisy anyway so it's really no surprise.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 AM

20,729 posts, read 19,390,911 times
What good is getting rid of the lefties when we still have land speculators and Wall Street? They'll make more for two reason. One as a natural consequence of economic decay and because of the need for scape goats.

I realize I am supposed to think that homeless, uneducated rabble are behind all our ills like financial manipulation, debt pyramiding, regulatory arbitrage and lobbying, but I just don't really get it. I just don't see how the aluminum can, rusted out grocery cart cartel has destroyed the global economy.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM

30,087 posts, read 18,701,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This liberal leftist Obama voter easily meets the first three of your voting qualification and considers the rest of the list to be complete nonsense. So how would you keep me and most of my friends off your 'qualified voters' list?.
You would choose to live in liberal America, so as a foreign national, you would not be able to vote in conservative America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.