Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times

Advertisements

Scriptures would seem to indicate yes.
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. -- Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:23-25

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. -- James 5:1

Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
I'm sure you're hoping so!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Scriptures would seem to indicate yes.
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. -- Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:23-25

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. -- James 5:1
Perhaps for "the rich," hell is that final moment, when they realize that they can't take their toys with them, and that their toys/money can't do anything for them anymore.

Peace,
brian

Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 AM

419 posts, read 365,437 times
Seems like a silly thread to me.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Wow, ya think Obama is rich enough for hell? Michelle O wears some pretty pricey duds herself.

Sean Penn, Michael Moore, Bill Maher and George Soros..........wow, hell is going to have some rich progressives in its den.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Sweet, they'll be there with your gay buddies since the bible says that also.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Wow, ya think Obama is rich enough for hell? Michelle O wears some pretty pricey duds herself.
I don't know. I don't know if there is a number. I don't think God functions like the IRS.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Thread is not about gay people. Start another thread if you would like to talk about that. You are not my buddy, but I wish you well.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
You will hardly notice the gay people, they will be lost amongst the millions of people that dared to cut the hair on their temples, shave their beards or wear cotton/poly blend clothing.

They will have to open a new wing in Hell for all of the people with tattoos.

The bible says a lot of stupid things.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
I think we should differentiate between richness and wealth. Someone that is wealthy IMO gives a great deal back to society via jobs, influence, innovation, money. These people help create wealth for other people.

But rich people that use their power to influence and abuse our political systems and profit from war, policies and industrial complexes they created are most certainly going to Hell, if there ever is one. These people prevent others in society from obtaining wealth.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-04-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies