Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 PM

30,382 posts, read 51,986,719 times

Advertisements

Btw, in skimming through some of the responses above, I have to ask something... why does it seem these discussions only offer two options, virginity until marriage or complete promiscuity? And why do people assume "not waiting" means you're sleeping with everything around? As a mature single woman, I find that to be offensive and inaccurate - as neither I nor my other 30+ year-old single friends are ho-bags. Well, with the exception of maybe one or two old friends.

I'm not a virgin, no, but I also don't engage in casual sex. I DATE a man for however long, then decide if and when a sexual relationship is appropriate... no need to go into specific numbers, but most of my past encounters have been with boyfriends as opposed to "some random dude from the bar." Sheesh.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-04-2012 at 10:11 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I had planned on waiting until I was married before having sex, but let my first fiance talk me into sex before we were married. 3 months later the marriage was off I refused to do what her parents were telling me to do, , so she broke off the engagement. Turned out they wanted me to marry her before I joined the military so they could have the extra money but I wanted to wait until I was stationed somewhere so I could actually give her a proper wedding and a home, ah well.)

To this day my biggest regret was that I did not wait until I was married to have sex, and I have told my children this time and time again once they were old enough to actually understand what I was talking about.

Just remember you only have three things in this world that truly belongs to you:

1. Your life
2. Your morals
3. Your virginity

All three are invaluable, but for some reason society sees no problem with giving up numbers two or three, treating them as having no value what so ever.
Some people take sex too seriously, and personally I'm GLAD I didn't wait. I'm still not married, and would hate to be a 35 year-old virgin! I've had some wonderful men in my life over the years, and had some fun experiences with them along the way... no pregnancies or STDs either, since I know how to be responsible about things. So no regrets here, and FYI - my parents waited until marriage, and my mother has said that's something she kinda regrets. Not to mention, their marriage ended when my father had an affair with her best friend. Guess monogamy doesn't (always) even work for those who wait, huh?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,223,095 times
Quote:
I'm not a virgin, no, but I also don't engage in casual sex. I DATE a man for however long, then decide if and when a sexual relationship is appropriate... no need to go into specific numbers, but most of my past encounters have been with boyfriends as opposed to "some random dude from the bar." Sheesh.
I knew what you meant, just from your posts. Being a bit nerdish, I was never good at random encounters so could never make a pick up in a bar. In retro though, the girls in high school kinda liked me that way. They probably couldn't get a jock so I wasn't so far down the line... and I played a saxaphone. A really big one.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,453,074 times
To quote "Chef" on South Park...

"Seventeen."
--"You mean seventeen and you're in love?"
"Nope, seventeen. You're ready."

Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,619,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
So if all this free sex is no problem in our society then any woman should not be upset their 'other half' explores some different options and like wise visa versa ? No we all know - the other partner would become upset.
Not always. My lovely bride and I routinely share other partners and nobody gets upset. Quite the opposite, a good time is had by all.

Just because you desire one thing does not mean we all feel the same way.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I knew what you meant, just from your posts. Being a bit nerdish, I was never good at random encounters so could never make a pick up in a bar. In retro though, the girls in high school kinda liked me that way. They probably couldn't get a jock so I wasn't so far down the line... and I played a saxaphone. A really big one.
LOL... you do sound like the male version of me, just substitute saxophone for viola. I'm not generally a shy person, but when it comes to flirting with men I can be fairly timid. Also not much of a drinker or bar type, so I've always hated that whole scene!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
We are in an epidemic. Children are being born out of wedlock at an alarming pace.

People keep mentioning condoms, well, something ain't workin'. Everyone talks about education, well, they (the children)
are screwing earlier and earlier. And those babies are coming faster and faster.
Actually, none of the above is true.

Birth rates for single teenage mothers are pretty much at all time lows since statistics have been kept.

Thanks for playing, though.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
To this day my biggest regret was that I did not wait until I was married to have sex, and I have told my children this time and time again once they were old enough to actually understand what I was talking about.
Why in the world would you hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever???

Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Not always. My lovely bride and I routinely share other partners and nobody gets upset. Quite the opposite, a good time is had by all.

Just because you desire one thing does not mean we all feel the same way.
If that makes both of you happy, more power to you!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Actually, none of the above is true.

Birth rates for single teenage mothers are pretty much at all time lows since statistics have been kept.

Thanks for playing, though.
I've pointed out those statistics before, but some people are still convinced "it's worse than ever." I guess admitting things are working doesn't suit their agenda, so they just skim over those pesky facts... easier to push stupid crap like "abstinence-only education," censorship, and reduced access to birth control, if they play the SOCIETY IS COLLAPSING game instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies