Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON – The would-be bomber in the airline plot was actually working as a U.S. intelligence informant, but the CIA had Al Qaeda fooled from the start.

A government source familiar with intelligence confirmed that an international sting operation infiltrated the Al Qaeda cell, Fox News' Catherine Herridge reports.

Herridge says that the informant was apparently one and the same as the bomber got the device out.

Last month, U.S. intelligence learned that Al Qaeda's Yemen branch hoped to launch a spectacular attack using a new, nearly undetectable bomb aboard an airliner bound for America, officials say.

But the man the terrorists were counting on to carry out the attack was actually working for the CIA and Saudi intelligence, U.S. and Yemeni officials told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Read more: Would-be Al Qaeda bomber was CIA informant, officials say | Fox News[/LEFT]
A shout out goes to those who stated in a previous thread that it was probably a CIA plot to begin with. They hit the nail on the head. (Frank DeForrest comes to mind).

So is this techincally a win for the CIA? I'm glad they caught the guy, but it's hard to say a plot was "foiled" when the plot was actually part of the plan. No complaints from me, to be sure, but isn't this similar to the cop posing as a prostitute to bust Johns? Would the terrorist have engaged in this activity had the CIA not provided the logistical capacity as it infiltrated the group and played along?

I guess its possible that they randomly infiltrated a group of terrorists and uncovered a bomb plot, but something tells me that the CIA actually played a part in the set up so they could eventually initiate a takedown.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 05-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd like to give a shout out to those who stated in a previous thread that it was probably a CIA plot to begin with. They hit the nail on the head. (Frank DeForrest comes to mind).

So is this techincally a win for the CIA? I'm glad they caught the guy, but it's hard to say a plot was "foiled" when the plot was actually part of the plan.
Not 'technically', it is a huge win for CIA and the US, and an embarrassement for Al Qaeda. I am even more imressed to find out we have double agents in the ranks of the enemy. Going forward AQ won't be able to trust anyone.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8G8IFB20120509

A bomber from the al Qaeda affiliate in Yemen sent to blow up a U.S.-bound airliner last month was actually a double agent who infiltrated the group and volunteered for the suicide mission, U.S. media reported on Tuesday.

Working closely with the CIA, Saudi Arabia's intelligence agency placed the operative inside al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, with the goal of convincing his handlers to give him a new type of non-metallic bomb for the mission, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Western intelligence agencies have identified AQAP as among the most dangerous and determined al Qaeda affiliates in the world, dedicated in part to attacks on the West.
The explosive device was intended to be smuggled aboard an aircraft undetected and then detonated.

The double agent arranged instead to deliver the device to U.S. and other intelligence authorities waiting outside Yemen, the LA Times reported. The agent arrived safely in an unidentified country and is being debriefed

Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times
Why is it that every time a "terrorist" is captured, he is part of the CIA? Hmmm.

Underwear Bomber 2: Return of The Patsy - YouTube

Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Why is it that every time a "terrorist" is captured, he is part of the CIA? Hmmm.
Every time? Really?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times
Ok not every time but almost every recent "terror plot" I've read about was initiated by the CIA. They find these mentally deficient patsies and then encourage them to be "terrorists" helping them with planning and providing them with fake bombs.

Then they use FOILED TERROR PLOT headlines to justify the destruction of civil liberties. What a joke.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times
Default CIA thwarts own new underwear bomber plot, continues trend of manufactured terror

Another day, another blatant instance of manufactured terrorism courtesy of the U.S. government, in this case the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

I assume that my readers are already astute enough to see this case as nothing more than yet another attempt to justify the American police state, the expansive big brother policies and technology and the fraudulent war on terror while also pushing for nations around the world to pick up even more of the U.S.’s destructive policies.

Of course just earlier this month the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) foiled their fabricated plot as well. I went over this in the below ten minute video, along with the history of these types of operations:

CIA thwarts own new underwear bomber plot, continues trend of manufactured terror | End the Lie – Independent News

Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A shout out goes to those who stated in a previous thread that it was probably a CIA plot to begin with. They hit the nail on the head. (Frank DeForrest comes to mind).

So is this techincally a win for the CIA? I'm glad they caught the guy, but it's hard to say a plot was "foiled" when the plot was actually part of the plan. Would the terrorist have engaged in this activity had the CIA not provided the logistical capacity as it infiltrated the group and played along?

I guess its possible that they randomly infiltrated a group of terrorists and uncovered a bomb plot, but something tells me that the CIA actually played a part in the set up so they could eventually initiate a takedown.
Looks like people are finally starting to get it.

Take that, change the date to, oh, I don't know, May 1998, change al-Qaida to Mohammed Atta's cell, and that plot never gets discovered until it actually takes place, because the intelligence agents who gave the plan to Atta, never had the authority to do so. Hopefully, people can see how easy it would be to get 9-11 going.

Clandestinely...

Mircea

Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
People are starting to grumble about the affront on civil liberties and the deplorable domestic situation. That means it's about time for another "terror" plot win.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
and if the plot had been successful the writer of that article would have been screaming "where was the FBI and the CIA?!?! arent they supposed to protect us??"

then he probably would have claimed it was bushes fault that the attack happened.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Only an imbicile would make a suggestion such as the OP has made here. Idiotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies