Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What was I thinking?
I forgot, people like Romney never use their own money to do anything, let alone create jobs.

That's something that only happens on Main St.
This is what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Good questions.
At the very least, he certainly could have financed a few (thousand) non-profit training programs, inveigled his corporate pals to offer internships...
Seems like he could have done any number of things that would have proven that he is serious about getting people back on their feet.

Kind of makes you go "hmmmm..."
He's a private citizen just like you. How many jobs programs have you funded with your personal bank account? Not spending at Wal-mart. Jobs programs....the same kind you believe Mitt Romney should have have financed with his own personal money.

The claims in the OP are absurd....and all the liberal replies are just as ignorant. I swear I think you folks throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks without giving a single thought to what you're actually saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I keep hearing that having a "businessman" like Mittens in the White House will be great for the economy and job creation. I got a couple of question related to those claims.

What jobs has Mittens created in the last three years? If he is this fantastic job creator shouldn't he have been pitching in during the greatest economic downturn since the great depression? Why hasn't he created any new jobs since the crash? Am I to believe that the only way Mittens can create any jobs is from the Oval Office?

Businesses create jobs, we know that, why hasn't our Businessman in chief created jobs?
O.K., leftist tactic:

What, you expect him to wave a magic wand and "poof" everything is better? You have to give the man time, to fix what the last guy screwed up.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Obama’s 7 Regulations That Are Killing Jobs

"But President Obama — responding to a letter from House Speaker John Boehner — has personally identified what might be called the “Big Seven” because each of them would impose annual burdens over $1 billion. And collectively these seven surpass $100 billion a year...Obama defended the Seven in his letter to Boehner, claiming that his administration just finished an exhaustive review of unnecessary regulations and weeded out old ones that were costing us $2 billion a year (which Obama tried to magnify by saying it was “$10-billion over five years”). But his team has already issued 75 major new regulations last year and this year, which are an annual $40 billion drag on the economy. So he’s already made things 20 times worse than his “improvements” — and that’s even before the Maleficent Seven kick in."

Obama

And this sage advice:

"Until Congress fixes the entire regulatory system that enables a dictatorial executive branch, we’re at the mercy of more disasters in the form of job-killing regulations, especially from a president who doesn’t want to be bothered with Congressional opposition."

Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., leftist tactic:

What, you expect him to wave a magic wand and "poof" everything is better? You have to give the man time, to fix what the last guy screwed up.
How ironic, you loonies expected Obama to wave his magic wand and fix bush's GREAT RECESSION.

Just wonder why the businessman in chief wasn't creating jobs when we needed them the most....

Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., leftist tactic:

What did Bush screw up for Romney?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Exclamation ...weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is what you said:

He's a private citizen just like you. How many jobs programs have you funded with your personal bank account? Not spending at Wal-mart. Jobs programs....the same kind you believe Mitt Romney should have have financed with his own personal money.

The claims in the OP are absurd....and all the liberal replies are just as ignorant. I swear I think you folks throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks without giving a single thought to what you're actually saying.
This argument is without merit, and the logical fallacy presented is ridiculous.

Romney has claimed he's created jobs in the private sector.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is what you said:

If I had Mr. Romney's personal income, you'd better believe I would do whatever I could to create jobs and/or help people attain the skills to get (better) jobs.
It's called "paying it forward" or if you prefer - putting your money where your mouth is.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This argument is without merit, and the logical fallacy presented is ridiculous.

Romney has claimed he's created jobs in the private sector.
Try to keep up. You're not even close.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
How ironic, you loonies expected Obama to wave his magic wand and fix bush's GREAT RECESSION.

Just wonder why the businessman in chief wasn't creating jobs when we needed them the most....
Nope, we are just holding him to the promises he made. Huge difference.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What did Bush screw up for Romney?
I was taking in the future. Another leftist tactic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies