Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,726,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
As if white leadership could be any worse than black leadership in South Africa.
I think we've seen the proof of that. Or were you a fan of apartheid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 04:06 AM

674 posts, read 700,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post

Africans still haven't made it out of the stone age.
You meant to say many Africans have not yet Westernized. Wrap your head around the fact that it is not the goal of the entire world and keep it moving.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,946,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This doesn't......sit right with me. We've all seen the effects of "white leadership" in South Africa. Not a good look.
Are Black people even better off today in South Africa than with apartheid? Just there are fewer white people there cause so many have left and I'm ain't talking about the low class whites either.

Less racism but more killings today and the word is the gov there lied about how deadly AIDS was.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:59 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,315,852 times
I'm rooting for the opposition, the hell with the ANC and its craziness/corruption.

Lotta idiots in this thread. The boers have as claim to that country as the Zulu. SA was largely unsettled until the last two centuries.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Are Black people even better off today in South Africa than with apartheid? Just there are fewer white people there cause so many have left and I'm ain't talking about the low class whites either.

Less racism but more killings today and the word is the gov there lied about how deadly AIDS was.
Not to mention you can't lump all whites together. It's time south Africa try something never tried before: a true free market, not a crony system.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
You meant to say many Africans have not yet Westernized. Wrap your head around the fact that it is not the goal of the entire world and keep it moving.
Rape is a tradition in SA.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
It's comical how Europeans define and redefine black as it suits you. Once I read a book by a Kenyan who was ecstatic because, as a Masai, he was characterized as a Nilotic "Caucasoid". I'm not interested in how whites classify us. Boers will never be African. 7% of African blood does not an African make.

Black Africans made it all the way to the Phillipines and Australia. You really think we couldn't make it the southern tip of Africa?
But what's the incentive to do that?

Old 05-13-2012, 08:11 AM

Uk has several nonwhites in parliament, so a black pm is not out of the question. Ireland recently elected a black mayor, and Poland did something similar, as did Slovakia. If uk can have a Jewish pm, it can def have a black one.

Hell, the most powerful politician in India is an Italian.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
But what's the incentive to do that?
I'm hoping yours wasn't an authentic question but rather a petulant, childish one. Humans usually branch out because the place they are going is more lucrative than the place they are at. There are a plethora of reasons:it's easier to live on the land, they are escaping some sort of persecution, their population has increased, etc.

What is hilarious is that while you herald the claim of Europeans to the land you overlook the fact that these people had to get on boats and go thousands of miles to a continent they knew nothing about...a continent where they had to fight to establish their right to live. What was their incentive to do that?

Last edited by DahomeyAhosi; 05-13-2012 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Rape is a tradition in SA.
Rape is not a tradition in any sense of the word. Rape is not celebrated in any of the indigenous ethnic groups and its explosion is relatively recent. It is very prevalent, very much akin to its high prevalence on native reservations in the U.S. Otherwise I'd be happy to know exactly which culture(s) rape was a tradition of. School me.

Native populations who discard their real traditions are generally just shells of human beings, existing as a subclass in a society that doesn't really want them and uses them for menial labor if it uses them at all. If black South Africans learned anything of use from Europeans it would've been to defend their ways of life by any means necessary. Unfortunately that is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies