Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:17 PM

674 posts, read 699,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post

Lotta idiots in this thread.
With your arrival the number increased by one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:18 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,314,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
I'm hoping yours wasn't an authentic question but rather a petulant, childish one. Humans usually branch out because the place they are going is more lucrative than the place they are at. There are a plethora of reasons:it's easier to live on the land, they are escaping some sort of persecution, their population has increased, etc.

What is hilarious is that while you herald the claim of Europeans to the land you overlook the fact that these people had to get on boats and go thousands of miles to a continent they knew nothing about...a continent where they had to fight to establish their right to live. What was their incentive to do that?
Of course it's a serious question. At that time, indigenous pop.were hunter gatherers and last I checked SA is not noted for lush vegetation and the like. Another factor is the modes of transportation or lack thereof, ESP. Cumbersome in a continent of that size.

What the incentive of a more advanced society is to that of an inferior one is irrelevant, and I offered no explanation on the former. Nice straw man.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
With your arrival the number increased by one.
I'm afraid you're the queen of the outfit.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Rape is not a tradition in any sense of the word. Rape is not celebrated in any of the indigenous ethnic groups and its explosion is relatively recent. It is very prevalent, very much akin to its high prevalence on native reservations in the U.S. Otherwise I'd be happy to know exactly which culture(s) rape was a tradition of. School me.

Native populations who discard their real traditions are generally just shells of human beings, existing as a subclass in a society that doesn't really want them and uses them for menial labor if it uses them at all. If black South Africans learned anything of use from Europeans it would've been to defend their ways of life by any means necessary. Unfortunately that is not the case.
The more advancd always triumph. Live and learn. Just like the English learned from their former roman masters and the Spanish learned from the moors.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why not? If one is of Asian, or European descent - they are described as a hyphenated American along with their ancestral continent identifier. Why would African-Americans be different?
If a white South African immigrated to the United States, they wouldn't be an African American....i'm sorry. And there is no amount of contortionist nonsense that you can come up with to make it so.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Many people say South Africa has gotten worse and not just white people either. Word is the Cape Town Coloureds have also gotten shafted by the dark skin Blacks there since apartheid went away.
It may have gotten worse. So what? It is THEIR COUNTRY regardless. Better or worse, it's their nation to run. It's not really my concern one way or the other.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 PM

What about an Algerian?

Old 05-13-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It may have gotten worse. So what? It is THEIR COUNTRY regardless. Better or worse, it's their nation to run. It's not really my concern one way or the other.
It's the white woman's country too. SA has nukes, so you should be concerned.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
What about an Algerian?
No, an Algerian of Arab descent wouldn't be an African American in the way we think of it in this country. So no. They would be an Algerian American perhaps.

Quote:
It's the white woman's country too. SA has nukes, so you should be concerned.
I think i made it quite clear that she has all rights to run in her country and as long as it's a fair election, she should win if she's competent enough to run the country.

I'm just laughing at this notion that white S. Africans are as native to that country as the blacks are. It's ridiculous. No amount of revisionism is going to make that true.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM

I didn't say Algerian of Arab descent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies