Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times

Advertisements

The big issue with nuclear byproducts is the bodily absorption from environmental contamination, accumulation and damage. These byproducts can stay around for a very long time. They work their way up through the food chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 04:53 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The big issue with nuclear byproducts is the bodily absorption from environmental contamination, accumulation and damage. These byproducts can stay around for a very long time. They work their way up through the food chain.
That's correct, and that's thousands of years. California's agriculture source for much of the nations food supply and it gets the most radiation exposure. The government has been detecting very high levels in seaweed along the California coast from San Diego to Cresent City. Of course the problems get worse the further north you go ...

Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
That's correct, and that's thousands of years. California's agriculture source for much of the nations food supply and it gets the most radiation exposure. The government has been detecting very high levels in seaweed along the California coast from San Diego to Cresent City. Of course the problems get worse the further north you go ...
There goes the Sushi.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:05 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Can you link me to this source? I'm assuming this is EPA but don't want to go digging.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:08 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Wow! Thanks for the lesson in stupidity Mircea...

I feel safe all over right now....

NOthing to see here,,,, move along.
Translation: I'm incapable of following your argument so I reject it.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Translation: I'm incapable of following your argument so I reject it.
What language are you speaking?

Do the Math guy, Fukashima is an Armageddon event. It has the potential to be a game changer in a non mutant existence.

BTW, congratulations on your award.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
What language are you speaking?

Do the Math guy, Fukashima is an Armageddon event. It has the potential to be a game changer in a non mutant existence.

BTW, congratulations on your award.
Well what do you purpose we do about it?

Also what are you doing personally to halp solve the issue?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Can you link me to this source? I'm assuming this is EPA but don't want to go digging.
I haven't been following certain aspects of this.
But this link shows the Berkley rain water test (image capture). I would include the original Berkley link, but for some reason it is now missing. When you click on the links it is missing.

(if you don't like the link, oh well.)
Radiation Found In CA Drinking Water - Rainwater At 18,100% Legal Limit

Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I haven't been following certain aspects of this.
But this link shows the Berkley rain water test (image capture). I would include the original Berkley link, but for some reason it is now missing. When you click on the links it is missing.

(if you don't like the link, oh well.)
Radiation Found In CA Drinking Water - Rainwater At 18,100% Legal Limit
Link works...

Here is another story that was linked to the one you posted.

Comparisons with X-rays and CT scans “meaningless” — Inhaling particles increases radiation exposure by “a factor of a trillion” says expert

Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well what do you purpose we do about it?

Also what are you doing personally to halp solve the issue?
Contact your elected officials and see if they'll get off their asses and get the world leaders to take it seriously.

My State Senator just returned from Japan, and is raising the alarm of how unstable the situation really is.

As you know American's have very little, if any power in our "representative" gov't. It takes a lot of people to move these dolt's.

Posting the story and informing people is where one starts, contacting rep's as i said is another level.

Not buying anything from Japan is another.

What are your suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies