Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 06:38 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,915 times

Advertisements

He made a smart move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why people call him 'liberal' or 'right wing' is beyond me. He is just another lost soul who idolizes his wealth.
Probably out of jealousy. Blind nationalism as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't care what his claim was.

I would do the same thing.

Until there is an eviction in Jan.
you think he did it because of Obama ??? LOL!!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
What did you think the wealthy would do when the mantra for the past year or two is "tax the rich" ?
Did you think they would just sit there and do nothing and pay higher taxes ?

They are wealthy, they have many more options available to them to take their wealth and just LEAVE.

People made Facebook as popular as it is and worth as much as it is, just like Apple.
YOU helped him get rich.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Facebook Co-Founder Saverin Gives Up U.S. Citizenship Before IPO - Bloomberg

Sounds like another Buffet liberal...promote higher taxes for everyone else, but dodges them himself. How typical.
He was a foreign born person to begin with.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:32 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
I'm split on this subject. I believe he is smart to denounce his citizenship and hope he will give at least 100million to charity of his choice.

On the other hand I learned he came here on assylum so in his case to use the USA for all these years and then when pay back time is there to walk away to me is wrong and should be in an assylum agreement when someone comes over here that if they get assylum and later denounce their citizneship they have to pay at least half of what they owe...but still he is leaving before he is cashing in!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,791 times
Halliburton CEO Leaving U.S. for Office in Dubai : NPR
Will taxes be lower for Halliburton there?

It won't have to pay taxes here. There are no corporate taxes, as far as I know, and no taxes on employees either in Dubai, as long as you're in one of their investment zones.

Chenney was smart enuff!!!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:56 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Like the loophole that only the rich can buy yachts? Or is it that I just haven't hit an income level that allows me to purchase that product (yacht) or service (sleazy tax lawyers).

Why didn't the current regime close these loopholes when they had both houses of Congress and the Presidency? If they are so bad, it should have passed with ease even with GOP resistance.

This is what is so mind boggling of ardent democrats and Obama supporters. Now I'm not really enthusiastic about either Romney, or Obama, but the Dems had every opportunity to play candyland for 2+ years and they did nothing. Now all of a sudden when they can't get what they want it's the other party's fault.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:01 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,791 times
Cooper Industries Inc.: Cooper Industries, a company that makes electrical products and tools such as Halo and Lumière brand light fixtures, moved from Houston to Bermuda in 2002 and subsequently garnered $3.6 million in government contracts.
We felt that American companies, based upon the tax laws that are written today, are clearly put at an economic disadvantage to foreign companies," said Victoria Guennewig, a spokeswoman for Cooper Industries, in defense of the company’s relocation.

10 Big Businesses That Have Moved Their Headquarters Abroad to Pay Less U.S. Taxes

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just another thread where wingnuts are telling the exact opposite of what is going on.

The "Liberals" are tying to shut down the tax loopholes on Billionaires evading taxes.

The "right wingers" are supporting the corporate owned GOP which is trying to keep the loopholes in place.

So the "billionaire tax cheats" won't leave us.

There are three threads right now started by right wing lemmings warning us that billionaire tax cheats are leaving us because we are applying the law too strictly....LOL

When are independent voters going to get i through their head voting for right wingers is about the most harmful thing you can do for your family and country?

Sounds to me, it is the control that is pushing people away. Freedom makes humans want more.

Just think what would happen if government got out of the way all together, instead of picking the winners and losers, while punishing prosperity.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What did you think the wealthy would do when the mantra for the past year or two is "tax the rich" ?
Did you think they would just sit there and do nothing and pay higher taxes ?

They are wealthy, they have many more options available to them to take their wealth and just LEAVE.

People made Facebook as popular as it is and worth as much as it is, just like Apple.
YOU helped him get rich.
He left years ago, so he just didn't renounce his citizenship until last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies