Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
hey, plenty of us see it!!
So get off your high horse
the sad fact is, this is what we have got for now
all the politicians are doing is putting out the crap that MOST folks look for
BUT, this year it is going to be about jobs
Obama is such a low hung hack I hope folks will vote his ass out
it is OUR fault!!
Most folks do not bother to vote at all!!
And then they listen to a few sound bites and go from there
until we the people get off our dead butts and clean house
we will get just what we asked for!
as for Obama, he is deranged, I wish everyone running for office had to be checked out in the head first!
Look at the dim wits in Washington! Who put them there??
You might want to reel your neck in.

I gather you're vote is going to Romney?? Would he be the lesser of the two evils or the smarter one???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you voted for Barack Obama, then your opinion is rendered moot. Why? Because its very difficult to come forth and proclaim both parties are evil and corrupt when in fact you were hoodwinked by the "Hope and Change" idiot. If you voted for Obama and are just now finding out that it was all rhetoric and an insult to your intelligence, then perhaps you should take a moment to reflect on your own gullibility. It's one thing to say that both parties are worthless, but it's entirely another to proclaim such while having the carpet pulled out from under you by your own gullibility and for hanging on every word professed by the chump idiot in the Oval Office.

Don't come crying to us now. We tried to tell you that he was worthless. Just because you fell for it hook, line, and sinker doesn't mean you can cry "both parties suck!" You were hoodwinked. Plain and simple.
Is this an unbiased "opinion"? And what gives a repub's opinion any value??

Old 05-15-2012, 07:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
I agree with you 100%. The parties are broken, and need to be replaced or a viable third party is needed. However, with the electoral college in place, its almost impossible for a third party to really gain traction.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...

Agreed.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:28 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I happen to agree with A_Lexus. My only problem with the Obama Presidency is it does not have the courage to propose a Universal Health Care system that eliminates private sector insurance.

Beside Romney is a real preppy bastard that does not consider anyone not of his class to be sub human. He likes to hurt lesser beings like employees while stealing their pensions..
Nothing but a repeat of the same worn-out class warfare argument which the Denocrats have been usung to pander to the simplistic from time immemorial. It's time you grew up and admitted, like most of us that there is no vault full of stolen money somewhere to fund another program aimed at the overly-naive, and sometiimes amoral croud at the center of the Democratic coalition.

Courage? Since when does it take "courage" to lead a gang of looters around by the nose?

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-15-2012 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-15-2012, 11:30 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I was having a discussion with my husband this morning about the "platforms" that politicans are taking during this election. What is it about a week ago that Obama came out with regard to his position on gay marriage? Then he and Romney appear at college graduations and bring gay rights/marriage into their speech. Rather than address the graduates who are the future of this country........they used that opportunity as a soap box to campaign.

What are the issues to voting this year? Gay, vote for Obama. Anti-gay, obvious that's a vote Romney. If black/hispanic, vote Obama, white Romney. Pro-illegal immigration - let the taxpayer continue to support them, give it to Obama. Anti-illegal immigration, goes to Romney. Are people sitting down doing a checklist as to what each candidate supports/offers/promises or doesn't? At the end of the day, all they are doing is making promises that they alone cannot fulfill.

As a whole, what is Obama and Romney promising to do for ALL Americans and the country? I want politicians to stop being selective in who and what they address. We are Americans, we are all suffering from the current situation. Americans want to know what government is going to do to heal itself because clearly it isn't healthy, and how government is going to fix this country which is going down the toilet.

I can't help but to notice the low the intellect of politicians and how self-serving they and their parties are, and how the American people can't see it.
You're exaggerating to the NTH degree. Romney barely mentioned the subject at the Liberty University commencement speech, and the word GAY was not part of his transcript at all. All he said was that he believes that marriage should be between one man and one woman. That's it. He did not inject politics. The comments were in context with the rest of his Pro-Christian, Pro-America speech. He was speaking to a Christian audience, which gave him the loudest of his standing ovations when he said this. There was no soapbox.

It would be real nice if kitchen table politics actually had some accuracy to them. Unfortunately, we can't control your erroneous discussions with your husband.

Quote:
The power of these values is evidenced by a Brookings Institution study that Senator Rick Santorum brought to my attention. For those who graduate from high school, get a full-time job, and marry before they have their first child, the probability that they will be poor is 2%. But, if those things are absent, 76% will be poor. Culture matters.

As fundamental as these principles are, they may become topics of democratic debate. So it is today with the enduring institution of marriage. Marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...cPPU_blog.html

Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Everything you said is true. Most people fall into the trap of the false right left paradigm. Anyone who identifies strongly with one of the two major parties and takes their speeches seriously is a government worshipping goon.
Right on. I've been accused here of being an Obamabot, a Paulbot, a fascist neocon, a leftist loon, pretty much everything but maybe a Hoxhaist or a Fabian, and that's only because like maybe three people here even know what either of those are and they make up the bulk of comments on my posts. Not a very well-informed bunch 'round these parts.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
We are approaching very difficult times. Any way you look at it we WILL see a drop in GDP by 20% + and it is not due to any one particular party, they BOTH have played a role in getting us here.

The Federal government is BORROWING 12% of GDP currently. This can not continue. There are only two ways they can go- Cut spending by 40-50% or raise taxes by 40 - 50% either solution will cause an immediate drop in GDP.

Good, I hope the huge haircut that Amerit**ds take will be painful. Sorry to say it but the country has gone insane....on the federal level it is just a dysfunctional mess.

Best thing to happen is for The Union and the Federal Government to be dissolved......states could then truly decide their own destiny.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
You are absolutely correct sir.
And as you have correctly surmised, the circus show they put it is explicitly for the purposes of divide and conquer.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies