Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So you are disputing his credentials?

Or are you saying only the environmentalists are allowed to have lobbyists and only they are to be believed?
LMAO

The information I personally consider to be worthwhile does NOT include a PayPal page begging for $5000 donations that are explicitly NOT tax deductible.

He's a scam artist. He also clearly has a ve$ted interest in a particular world view (and protecting his financial backers' interests), which makes his articles biased in the extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,210,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
LMAO

The information I personally consider to be worthwhile does NOT include a PayPal page begging for $5000 donations that are explicitly NOT tax deductible.

He's a scam artist. He also clearly has a ve$ted interest in a particular world view (and protecting his financial backers' interests), which makes his articles biased in the extreme.
Sounds like you are describing Al Gore....

Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,940,064 times
Dumping toxic chemicals into the air wasn't enough, now we're injecting toxins right into the ground beneath us. Humans have a death wish.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:39 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,659 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are describing Al Gore....
No, we're discussing the basis of your thread and the validity or bias of the source article.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
No, we're discussing the basis of your thread and the validity or bias of the source article.
Please read Post #48......

If you think the author is biased and wrong be my guest, by all means bring it up with him, after all, YOU are the one who says he is wrong.

So it should be up to YOU to discuss with the author why you think it is wrong and to tell him he is nothing more than a scam artist....

I highly suggest you also contact your people in the Congress and Senate because he has testified in front of both bodies and they accepted his testimony as fact in other scientific area's. I think they will be amazed at your revelation that he has perpetrated numerous scams on both bodies....

It's hilarious that I don't see you badmouthing all the other threads in this forum challenging the OP's demanding what basis they had for starting the thread...

I wonder why that is

Last edited by plwhit; 05-16-2012 at 06:43 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,282 times
Quote:
Please read Post #48......

If you think the author is biased and wrong be my guest, by all means bring it up with him, after all, YOU are the one who says he is wrong....

It's hilarious that I don't see you badmouthing all the other threads in this forum challenging the OP's demanding what basis they had for starting the thread...

I wonder why that is
I think there is ample proof the author is biased. I don't see any need to "speak to him" because actions speak louder than words.

Your suggestion of policing other threads is absurd. The guy in question is obviously a paid shill. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Accept that fact and move on.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I think there is ample proof the author is biased. I don't see any need to "speak to him" because actions speak louder than words.

Your suggestion of policing other threads is absurd. The guy in question is obviously a paid shill. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Accept that fact and move on.
I highly suggest you contact your people in the Congress and Senate because he has testified in front of both bodies and they accepted his testimony as fact in other scientific area's.

I think they will be both amazed and shocked that a know-it-all from C-D has accredited information that he has perpetrated numerous scams on both bodies....

You'd better notify the FBI of this federal crime: http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us

Quote:
The guy in question is obviously a paid shill.
And you obviously know nothing about his career... Typical....

Last edited by plwhit; 05-16-2012 at 06:54 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,088,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Dumping toxic chemicals into the air wasn't enough, now we're injecting toxins right into the ground beneath us. Humans have a death wish.
We can call anything toxic, having said that list what toxins you take exception to them pumping into the ground. What I'm interested in here is exactly what toxin it is you think is being injected into the ground (below the water table I might add) that you have such grave concerns about the fracking process?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Wonderful! I think America should pump as much toxic chemicals and poisons into the ground as possible. I can't think of any other nation that deserves it.

Yea, those who think this is "safe" should be forced to drink the flammable water it produces.

Amazing how energy companies can get these people to carry their polluted water for them. You can make these people believe anything if you have Glenn, Bill, and Rush all scream together in unison

Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,088,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I think there is ample proof the author is biased.
Biased or not there is studies from the EPA and other third parties.

This one is from the University of Texas at Austin:

Quote:
Shale Gas Regulation

Key Findings:
  • Researchers found no evidence of aquifer contamination from hydraulic fracturing chemicals in the subsurface by fracturing operations, and observed no leakage from hydraulic fracturing at depth.
  • Many reports of groundwater contamination occur in conventional oil and gas operations (e.g., failure of well-bore casing and cementing) and are not unique to hydraulic fracturing.
  • Methane found in water wells within some shale gas areas (e.g., Marcellus) can most likely be traced to natural sources, and likely was present before the onset of shale gas operations.
  • Surface spills of fracturing fluids appear to pose greater risks to groundwater sources than from hydraulic fracturing itself.
  • Blowouts — uncontrolled fluid releases during construction or operation — are a rare occurrence, but subsurface blowouts appear to be under-reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies