Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

if you bother to read the article, you'll note that one of the excluded groups is

Spoiler
asians

- ta-dah!

'backwards regarding race' FTW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
One reason why I say African Americans whine too much. Most of the world is unabasedly racist. Actually to be more accurate they respect power and achievement. As far as the Chinese are concerned Blacks haven't created or done anything that demands their respect.

The Chinese are being practical, if they want to learn English why would they want to be taught by someone who speaks Ebonics?
So I guess you would not qualify either, since you are not white. Even though you speak the Queen's English............

Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
One reason why I say African Americans whine too much. Most of the world is unabasedly racist. Actually to be more accurate they respect power and achievement. As far as the Chinese are concerned Blacks haven't created or done anything that demands their respect.

The Chinese are being practical, if they want to learn English why would they want to be taught by someone who speaks Ebonics?
Like the ebonics we're using?

Regardless, I know much of the non-Western world is racist b/ c the US has done a wonderful job of exporting racism through media.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,077,434 times
So this means America and Europe is also stuck in the 19th century. Try becoming a masseur or working in daycare as a man. Good luck with that.

Parents in China want their kids to be taught English by a white person. Why? Because they do not know if the teacher is good or not. The only way they can judge a teacher is by his looks. Asian English teachers tend to be bad, and they think of blacks as Africans. However, whites tend to be good in English.

You can not change these attitudes overnight, and I don't think about it as a big problem. I don't think liberals do either, because job discrimination is very common around the world. Why talk about ESL teachers in China?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:

Did you even read the article? They don't even want anyone who looks Asian. This has nothing to do with ebonics, achievement, and your very tired racism.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Did you even read the article? They don't even want anyone who looks Asian. This has nothing to do with ebonics, achievement, and your very tired racism.
He takes self hate to a new level.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
He takes self hate to a new level.
Part of me feels bad for him because the stuff he spouts is what he knows racists think of him as he walks down the street, and it kills him.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
are you serious? every east/southeast asian country is like that.

I agree with this.

I am surprised that some of you are surprised by this. Black people are the most loathed people in the world. Personally though, as a black person, I don't really care much what other people think.

Also, I do know someone who teaches overseas in Asia who is black. There are quite a few black people who teach overseas in Asia. The person I know teaches in Japan. It is well known that many people in various Asian countries think very highly of white people, more than any other sort of person, including Asians themselves. It is just another remnant of colonialism and the inferiority complex that non-European peoples possess.

I have considered going to teach overseas in the future and if I want to do it, I bet that if I keep applying I will get a job because I am just insistent in that way and will keep going after something until I have it and I don't focus on the ignorance of other people and instead try to show all people that generalization is dumb and unnecessary, I learned that from my grandmother who was the only black person who worked in her office back in the 60s and 70s who instilled in me that what someone thinks of you due to skin color is their problem, not yours and you can do whatever you want to do if you are persistent, intelligent, and have class.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Part of me feels bad for him because the stuff he spouts is what he knows racists think of him as he walks down the street, and it kills him.
Remember anyone can claim to be anything on here Idon'tt believe somearee what they claim to be. Just trying to gain credibility so they can attack a group they hate.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 AM

15 posts, read 6,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanbrain View Post
I now live in South Korea. As I can see for many years, it seems to be pretty same situation here. I know some ESL teachers from different countries, and yes, they are all white. Maybe, by law, there is no discrimination, but owners of Korean language schools (hugwons) just do not hire black teachers.
Several black women have made videos on youtube discussing their experiences in South Korea. They provide information on how they found English teaching jobs, housing, etc.

Teaching English in South Korea Pt 9 (Being African-American in Korea) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies