Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 03:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No only intolerant religious bigots hate gays.
As much as gays hate Christians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 03:41 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, there is plenty of evidence that many gays are self-loathing.
Links, please. Or is that a personal insight.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As much as gays hate Christians?
I don't hate Christians, I don't agree with a lot of them, but I don't hate them.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
I don't hate Christians, I don't agree with a lot of them, but I don't hate them.
Right, and Christians don't hate gays either, but the gays can't stop calling them names just because they don't agree on the issue of gay marriage.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:48 PM

The difference between gays and christians is that gays aren't trying to pass laws to deny christians their civil rights, while some christians try to do so every chance they get.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:48 PM

29 posts, read 59,241 times
The title of this thread has me wondering who wins this fight... lol

Also not surprising the discussion turns to talking about Christianity. Suppose more comfort there for many... : )
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-27-2012, 04:05 PM

694 posts, read 745,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not after they find out their stance on many issues they hold near and dear. Women's rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, separation of church and state--all principles our society is built on that Muslims will NEVER accept.

Why they want to come here is beyond me.
The current "separation of church and state" is wrong. The Constitution says only that the Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion..., not that people in schools can't pray and other things schools are told they can't do. It was intended to be that the Federal Government could rule one way or the other relative to religious issues. The current way things are being done is, in my opinion, designed to rid the country of religion - main Christianity.

As for why they [Muslims] want to be here is because very many of them want to change this country and every other over to the Islamic way of life as much as the can. Others just want to get away from their oppressive governments. The ones who don't like our way of life do not come in peace, ultimately.

Charles Sands

Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 PM

694 posts, read 745,690 times
Quote:
The difference between gays and christians is that gays aren't trying to pass laws to deny christians their civil rights, while some christians try to do so every chance they get.
I do not agree that homosexual marriage is good for our society. Are you saying that I should vote for it or ignore the issue (which is effectively agreeing with it) because it forbids some of their rights? Marriage was ruled years ago as a right by people who don't know the difference between a right and a priviledge. I know this because the had to rule on it. Rights are stated by the Constitutions of the US and the various states. all other things we can do are priviledges. Just because this or that court says this or that is an ADDITIONAL right doesn't make it so.

Charles Sands

Old 05-27-2012, 04:25 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,056 times
Doesn't Wash State also allow beastiality?

Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I do not agree that homosexual marriage is good for our society. Are you saying that I should vote for it or ignore the issue (which is effectively agreeing with it) because it forbids some of their rights? Marriage was ruled years ago as a right by people who don't know the difference between a right and a priviledge. I know this because the had to rule on it. Rights are stated by the Constitutions of the US and the various states. all other things we can do are priviledges. Just because this or that court says this or that is an ADDITIONAL right doesn't make it so.

Charles Sands
Creating more stable relationships is not good for our country?
How about equality for all American citizens. Is that important in our country

The constitution says that we are not allowed to discriminate based on gender, so how is allowing a man to enter a marriage contract with a woman, but not allowing a woman to enter a marriage contract with a woman not discrimination?

The constitution also says that all citizens shall be granted the same rights and privileges. IF marriage is a privilege as you say, then how do you justify denying equal access to a segment of society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies