Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 03:14 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times

Advertisements

Having a license plate bulb burned out gets your car searched. A 'seed' in the ash tray gets you an overnight stay in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yet you can buy it legally at the local head shops.
It becomes drug paraphernalia once it's used for drugs and has drug residue on it. You can't ban pipes, my uncle still smokes a pipe. I even roll my own cigarettes as do many other people because it's cheaper, that could be used for drugs too.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Having a license plate bulb burned out gets your car searched. A 'seed' in the ash tray gets you an overnight stay in jail.
Exactly... NY state is out of control

NY state also sets up seatbelt checkpoints..... much more frequently than DWI checkpoints I might add

That state is clueless

Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Possession of a small amount of marijuana in NY is not a 'crime'. It is an offense where you get what is similar to a traffic ticket.

Correct, displaying it in public is. So when people are asked to empty their pockets they display it. Thats when they are busted.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Its explained here I think. I just searched for this, didnt watch it to see if it was the same show.

http://current.com/shows/vanguard/93...rd-trailer.htm

Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
I think the Mayor may be right. If you want a giant soda. get a diet version. They're not banned. There are a lot of varieties of diet soda that taste as good as their sugared counterparts. Get that 48 oz Diet Dr Pepper and save yourself 800 calories. All the complainers whose BMI is 30 or over will not get any sympathy from me. They cost us all in higher insurance premiums. In NC now, smokers who work for the state, pay pay higher premiums than non-smokers. Maybe the fatties will be next! Someday your insurance costs will be based on your BMI and those sugary soda lovers will be the first to scream how unfair that concept is. I don't want to pay for your diabetes supplies and your early heart attacks. Perhaps Bloomberg is attempting to right-size the average city dweller and get those costly insurance benefits under control. Go for it Mikee!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I think the Mayor may be right. If you want a giant soda. get a diet version. They're not banned. There are a lot of varieties of diet soda that taste as good as their sugared counterparts. Get that 48 oz Diet Dr Pepper and save yourself 800 calories. All the complainers whose BMI is 30 or over will not get any sympathy from me. They cost us all in higher insurance premiums. In NC now, smokers who work for the state, pay pay higher premiums than non-smokers. Maybe the fatties will be next! Someday your insurance costs will be based on your BMI and those sugary soda lovers will be the first to scream how unfair that concept is. I don't want to pay for your diabetes supplies and your early heart attacks. Perhaps Bloomberg is attempting to right-size the average city dweller and get those costly insurance benefits under control. Go for it Mikee!
Yeah go suck down that aspertame.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Clearly you miss the point. The government has no business telling business owners in what volume they can sell their product to a buyer who wants to buy that product. You want to cut down on the cost of insurance to city dwellers? GET THE CITY AND STATE AND FEDERAL GOV'T OUT OF THE HEALTH INSURANCE BUSINESS TOO!!

Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Clearly you miss the point. The government has no business telling business owners in what volume they can sell their product to a buyer who wants to buy that product. You want to cut down on the cost of insurance to city dwellers? GET THE CITY AND STATE AND FEDERAL GOV'T OUT OF THE HEALTH INSURANCE BUSINESS TOO!!
Well, using that concept, I'll have to remind my pharmacist to give me 1000 Vicodin (at a substantial discount too!) instead of 30!

Old 05-31-2012, 04:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
It is the size of the container that will be downsized. People can still drink as much as they want to. Do you drink from those jumbo size glasses in your house? You probably don't and just fill up again when you want more. The point is to make people aware of portion size, not to control their decsion of how much to consume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies