Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lmao! What is Obama going to talk about? His great jobs record? Obama days are numbered, no president since the great depression has ever won re election with a unemployment rate above 7.4%. We're at 8.2% right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Let's see, well you have a point. Amazing we didn't enter a Depression isn't it?

What to talk about, let's see. We can talk about how Obama killed Bin Laden.
He can talk about he helped advance woman's rights in the workplace. He can talk about passing the Hate Crimes bill. He can then move to discussing how he helped overhaul the credit card industry, saving consumers money is unfair fees and practices. Then he should hit on how he ended the Iraq war and began to wind down the war in Afghanistan. I'm sure he'll talk about how the decision to help and turn the American auto industry was the right choice. He can talk about the repeal of DADT. How he kicked banks out of the Federal Student Loan business (thieves) and expanded Pell Grants. He can talk about how he expanded CHIPS health insurance for kids...............

Romeny can talk about Bain and how his state was 47 out of 50 in job creation when the economy was healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Would it be cool with you if I just started calling Democrats Dumbocrats? Or Democraps? Or Demasscraps? Or Dumbasscrats? How about Dumbocraps?

Is it okay with you if I stoop to your level?
I dont care. You have said much worse...or dont you remember?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The number of filibusters since Obama took office is unprecedented. If I'm not mistaken, the number exceeds 100 and we've had a total of only about 200 in our entire history!

Republicans threatened to stop all filibusters in 2005 when Democrats tried blocking the appointments of some of George W. Bush's judicial nominees. However, now they think it's just great, don't they?
Dont expect an answer. All the unprecendented things never get an answer.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:29 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I dont care. You have said much worse...or dont you remember?
Hahahaha... You've got quite an imagination.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Nothing quite so firm as a closed mind.
I just clicked on the link and read it. Interesting that it begins

"The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry."

So it wasn't until 2009 that the government began to spend taxpayer dollars recklessly? You mean Obama began the 2 unpaid for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? Obama signed into law the unpaid for Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 that is costing taxpayers billions? Did Obama ask Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for $440 billion dollars so low income people, specifically minorities, could purchase homes they otherwise could not afford? Did he ask the lenders to relax the qualifications for people with lousy credit? Did Obama ask Congress to use taxpayer dollars to cover these downpayments? Which President raised the debt ceiling 18 times? Obama?

No, so how do you explain that this group formed in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is the Teaparty's mission statement and goals just what is it that your fight is about?

[url=http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/]About Tea Party Patriots | Tea Party Patriots[/url]

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Let's see, well you have a point. Amazing we didn't enter a Depression isn't it?

What to talk about, let's see. We can talk about how Obama killed Bin Laden.
He can talk about he helped advance woman's rights in the workplace. He can talk about passing the Hate Crimes bill. He can then move to discussing how he helped overhaul the credit card industry, saving consumers money is unfair fees and practices. Then he should hit on how he ended the Iraq war and began to wind down the war in Afghanistan. I'm sure he'll talk about how the decision to help and turn the American auto industry was the right choice. He can talk about the repeal of DADT. How he kicked banks out of the Federal Student Loan business (thieves) and expanded Pell Grants. He can talk about how he expanded CHIPS health insurance for kids...............

Romeny can talk about Bain and how his state was 47 out of 50 in job creation when the economy was healthy.
He killed bin laden or did you mean seal team 6? As far as the rest of your list, if this is the best the dems can do, he's done. Even people in his own party(Corey booker, and the gov of mass) called him out about Bain capital. Telling him to shut up, Bain has been good for their states.

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How did MLK make money off the poor and disadvantaged? It cost him his life. How did Medgar Evers cash in? He lost his life, too. I seem to recall a post around here the last few days that said you can't really believe anything you see on the Discovery Channel. I guess you missed that one.
White men killing Black people for standing up for their rights is an inconvenient truth for racists. How dare you mention things like that?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
He killed bin laden or did you mean seal team 6? As far as the rest of your list, if this is the best the dems can do, he's done. Even people in his own party(Corey booker, and the gov of mass) called him out about Bain capital. Telling him to shut up, Bain has been good for their states.
F**& corey booker.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but you know what I meant. Jeez. President Obama, our Commander in Chief, gave the ORDERS to make the kill.

You keep thinking he's done. Go ahead...do just that.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Nothing quite so firm as a closed mind.
He can't defend his so-called fight with the Teaparty and that is why he won't read it. You'd think he would at least post what his problem is with them backed up by a viable link to prove his points. Probably just another liberal who picks out a couple of radicals in the group and uses them as an example of how the majority views things. There are radicals in every group but I don't use them as an example of how the majority feels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies