Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Really? So why dont all us problem blacks and problem Hispanics leave so this Nation would have no more problems. The fact you made that statement tells me much.
Pray tell, where do we leave to? You don't know which country you came from, My family left Spain almost 200 years ago, my Berber ancestors left the Maghreb even way before that, being American/Puerto Rican is ALL I know, same as you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He's not "my boy" and he doesn't represent me. Stop lumping me in with mainstream Republicans, thanks, because I'm not a Republican. So why does he have to be politically correct? Is there a law that says you must avoid certain words?
Just pointing out a tea party Representative making more racist comments which is nothing new but the least they could do is stop denying their racist agenda. Not a republican

Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 PM

6,455 posts, read 7,018,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's utter nonsense. It weakens the economy to have any able-bodied people dependent on government. The Dems are for increasing educational opportunities for marginalized populations and creating more opportunities for upward mobility. I can't believe people actually swallow without thinking, that ignorant, obviously partisan mud-slinging quote.

The term "people of color" was invented by people of color themselves. It has nothing to do with who is employed and who isn't.
Ooh my goodness, you seem to have all the catch phrase qoutes mathematically outlined and organized at a moment's notice:

"increasing educational opportunities"

"marginalized populations"

"more opportunities for upward mobility"

LOL are you writing on a message board or running for office?

All of the above are pretty loaded statements, and both parties can make some claim that they are doing or propose to do all of the above depending on how much credibility you are willing to give them...

That being said and dealing specifically what was written in the artlce, I've discussed this before. From my personal outlook, and from what I gather, I do think that there is a "black establishment" consisting of politicians, black academics, black entainertainers, black socialites and other "black elites" swho have a vested interest and maintaining power for themselves at this expense of the "community." Whether they are right or wrong is one thing, but I do believe that there is such an establishment that guys like Jesse Jackson are apart of. And that's not to say that Republicans have all the answers, but I am willing to hear them out, and doing so has allowed me to understand that there are just some positions from both parties that I agree and disagree with. As for now, given what I've stated above, there's probably a good chance that I will not be voting Obama this time around. Either way, if he wins...then he wins.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Because he's keeping the white man racist agenda alive. The one that's been around since the infancy of our country. Keep people of color down. If you say it enough, people will believe it! LOL..gotta laugh at these morons. If he looks at the actual statistics, he will see whites make up the majority of welfare recipients. But NO..let's pick on those Blacks and Latinos why don't we! Incredible.
According to some on here no whites are on assistance blacks and Hispanics are the problem.

2,239 posts, read 3,233,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre.Linoge View Post
It wasn't. It was a slam on Democrats. Maybe he was right, maybe wrong, but the "raaacist!" histrionics are misplaced in the OP.
This is a simple case. Not really complex. He used race. He spoke specifically in regards to Blacks and Latinos along with welfare. He made comments about how Jesse Jackson and plantations. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how is that racist?

If you can't CLEARLY see that...you have the same problem as the Rep.

93 posts, read 60,035 times
Quote:
So blacks and Hispanics feel the welfare rolls? No whites? Thats the only way his racist statement is factual. So which is it?
Why would he mention whites? Aren't we told by Democrats that poor whites vote against their interests (that is, they vote Republican)? It wouldn't make sense for him, at least according to the above for him to talk about Democrats wanting certain groups to be dependent and use an example of other than those said groups.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
My God, two of the first 5 threads on the forum are from you and they are both racial as hell. Why can't you let it rest for a bit?

Old 06-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Pray tell, where do we leave to? You don't know which country you came from, My family left Spain almost 200 years ago, my Berber ancestors left the Maghreb even way before that, being American/Puerto Rican is ALL I know, same as you.
Why does it matter where we go since then all Americas problems would be solved according to you.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times
Quote:
Because whites are not the problem. Maybe if you started to concentrate on problems in your own house instead of your neighbor's, then minorities would be better off.
This is a problem statement. This assumes there is a black america and a white america.
Whites are the problem when they talk about blacks as if the are another species.
By saying "their communities", "black communities" , "hispanic communites" its assumed all blacks live within these communities.
When whites say"blacks need to do so and so in their communties".
I'm not saying whites can't criticize,but they could just say something like "we should do this for the black citizens within our communties".
Its the same communties,its all America.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,143,092 times
Rep. Joe Walsh has no integrity, no common sense and the aptitude of a 1 year old. What he said was both racist and a lie. People who make statements such as this need to be voted out ASAP. I see he doesn't mention that most people on government assistance are white nor does he mention that most forms of government assistance was created to help poor whites. I don’t see how someone without a achievement to their name can call out Jesse Jackson with his storied history and pattern of fighting for what’s right and the poor. This idiot isn’t worthy to kiss the ground JJ walks on.

Quote:
Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., has again inserted foot into mouth by making some ignorant comments in regard to Hispanics, blacks and welfare. Last week at a Town Hall meeting, Walsh told constituents the Democratic Party wants Hispanics and blacks to be dependent on government and also said civil rights leader Jesse Jackson wants the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies