Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,235,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Been there, saw that already on C-D.
And you believed it! That's sad, that's really sad.
It's an opinion, just the same as all posting on here. You can believe it or not.

They did articulate arguments for their beliefs which make SENSE.

I personally think its a mix. Yes, they want to help their people, but get paid while doing it. It's all about the $$$. This is AMERICA.

White folks are not the only ones who get rich off the poor or disadvantaged you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,875,849 times
Heck I can answer my own post. The Republicans have done nothing.
They don't want to increase the minimum wage,decrease financial aid,cut EITC,tax the poor,get rid of the teachers union, and that's all I can think of now.
How does a poor person advance without some education?

Old 06-03-2012, 01:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,587,908 times
At first glance I thought it was about singer musician Joe Walsh. Wouldn't surprise me considering all the brain cells he destroyed inthe 70s and 80s. "Life's been good to me so far"

102,266 posts, read 108,310,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My God, two of the first 5 threads on the forum are from you and they are both racial as hell. Why can't you let it rest for a bit?
Oh, this is rich! Old Boy Roy is complaining about threads that are "racial as hell"???!! Racial threads are your stock-in-trade! Why the concern all of a sudden? Aren't the threads aren't going the way you like?

14,306 posts, read 13,340,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So blacks and Hispanics feel the welfare rolls? No whites? Thats the only way his racist statement is factual. So which is it?
Geez, how is it a racist statement? Look up the word racist in the dictionary.

Here are some facts for you about white vs blacks on welfare. I am sure I can find similar results for Hispanics and post them also. Especially with so many anchor babies in our country born from illegal alien Hispanics getting welfare.

There are more whites on welfare than blacks but percentage-wise there are more blacks on welfare than whites. It's also important to note that 24.7% of the black race lives below poverty line while only 8.6% of the white race does (as is stated here http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se… ).

Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,025,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,please tell me what have Republicans done for minorities so they won't be dependant on the goverment(and please don't mention the 60s,I'm talking about within the past 30 or 40 years).
Only thing I ever hear is talk,no action on the part of Republicans.

It's pointless to even go over, because in your statement alone you have already a predetermined opinion on the matter. As myself on the other hand, I am willing to acknowledge that both parties have both positives and negatives on their checklists when it comes to "what have you done for minorities" argument.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM

102,266 posts, read 108,310,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
It's an opinion, just the same as all posting on here. You can believe it or not.

They did articulate arguments for their beliefs which make SENSE.

I personally think its a mix. Yes, they want to help their people, but get paid while doing it. It's all about the $$$. This is AMERICA.

White folks are not the only ones who get rich off the poor or disadvantaged you know.
How did MLK make money off the poor and disadvantaged? It cost him his life. How did Medgar Evers cash in? He lost his life, too. I seem to recall a post around here the last few days that said you can't really believe anything you see on the Discovery Channel. I guess you missed that one.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,235,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Heck I can answer my own post. The Republicans have done nothing.
They don't want to increase the minimum wage,decrease financial aid,cut EITC,tax the poor,get rid of the teachers union, and that's all I can think of now.
How does a poor person advance without some education?
Do you think Republicans care if poor people (who tend to be people of color), get an education or not. CUT PELL GRANTS!!! Who cares that poor kids won't be able to afford a college education! Then in the same breathe ask what poor people of color are doing to advance themselves. Can't win with them.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,975,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
This is a simple case. Not really complex. He used race. He spoke specifically in regards to Blacks and Latinos along with welfare. He made comments about how Jesse Jackson and plantations. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how is that racist?

If you can't CLEARLY see that...you have the same problem as the Rep.
I wonder what Joe Walsh thinks about dead-beat Dads?

Old 06-03-2012, 01:25 PM

52,870 posts, read 34,736,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
According to some on here no whites are on assistance
name these 'some on here' and include links to your claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies