Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 12:30 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times

Advertisements

I guess this is my fault
Joe Walsh's Racist Remarks Exemplify GOP Bigotry and Blame Shifting - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM

93 posts, read 59,991 times
Quote:
COMMENTARY | Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., has again inserted foot into mouth by making some ignorant comments in regard to Hispanics, blacks and welfare. Last week at a Town Hall
meeting, Walsh told constituents the Democratic Party wants Hispanics and blacks to be dependent on government
and also said civil rights leader Jesse Jackson wants the same thing.
He only said this because its true. Democrats do want blacks and hispanics to be dependent.

Gosh, OP, that's a given.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:41 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times
It's politically incorrect to say, and electorially (if that was even a word) damaging. But there is a lot of truth in that quote.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:47 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Default That's a purely insulting and irrational view of blacks and Hispanics.

FYI, I'm Hispanic, and you're not only gravely mistaken, but you're holding to an utterly delusional viewpoint based on the prevalent Republican magical thinking.

I strongly urge you do spend time doing some reading (history might be beneficial to you), and cease kneeling and genuflecting before the myriad of extremely low I.Q. Republican commentators whenever these spew their anal impactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre.Linoge View Post
He only said this because its true. Democrats do want blacks and hispanics to be dependent.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
I didn't see that as an attack on "people of color".

Old 06-03-2012, 12:49 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre.Linoge View Post

Not just minorities. They want *everybody* to be dependent. Then they are in control.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-03-2012, 12:51 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
"People of color" is racist terminology.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
FYI, I'm Hispanic, and you're not only gravely mistaken, but you're holding to an utterly delusional viewpoint based on the prevalent Republican magical thinking.

I strongly urge you do spend time doing some reading (history might be beneficial to you), and cease kneeling and genuflecting before the myriad of extremely low I.Q. Republican commentators whenever these spew their anal impactions.
There is truth to that. The cities that have been electing Democratic mayors for a while are still the same cesspools they've been since the 80s. Nothing has changed, except every election year they scare minorities into thinking that the evil Republican is going to take their benefits away. Not true

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

You ironically confirm the point that Walsh was trying to make by using the racist term 'people of color.' As usually defined, 'people of color' divides the world into 'white' and 'everything else.' Asians, blacks, Indians (both), Arabs, Samoans etc, all are classed as 'people of color.' Only whites get their own special category according to the lefty purveyors of the term 'people of color.'

The widespread adoption of this term by the left speaks volumes about the racist perspective thereof, and dovetails well with Rep. Walsh's point.

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's politically incorrect to say, and electorially (if that was even a word) damaging. But there is a lot of truth in that quote.
You ever thought that maybe people of color that work and are not on welfare might not want that label put on them? Or is it as I suspect that tea party people only get angry when they see POC use assistance therefore these tea party people have to mention people of color when they talk about welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies