Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
No, it really is no surprise that the Holder Justice Department would target Walker during a recall election.
As I said in #31 if they really were politically motivated they could be much more effective at it. If you don't believe me just google Don Siegelman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Are you sure you comprehend what is required to set up a stand alone private network, or a mail server? It's not just "something technical".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Yup it is.

I have heard of statewide archiving systems being changed for no rhyme or reason, because some various county elected officials decided they wanted to try it to see if they liked it. If it ain't political it's technical. Have you ever noticed a capricious yet substantial change in some mundane local government policy, or procedure that seems expensive, difficult to implement, and/or counter-intuitive in your daily life and if so how much time and effort did you put into investigating it? Chances are you probably seeing this principle in action and it probably is a local government official being capricious, but almost no one will try and fight it. It's just that sometimes its not capricious though.

I can total understand a county elected official getting away with some major (non-political policy) change without anyone batting an eye or questioning it. The people on the outside don't care enough and the people on the inside generally like their jobs and don't want to get targeted as a troublemaker.
State wide archiving systems is not a private network, nor a stand alone mail server. You conveniently avoided my question, and simply posted some junk that had no bearing on the question.

Are you sure you comprehend what is required to set up a stand alone private network, or a mail server? It's not just "something technical"

Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
State wide archiving systems is not a private network, nor a stand alone mail server. You conveniently avoided my question, and simply posted some junk that had no bearing on the question.

Are you sure you comprehend what is required to set up a stand alone private network, or a mail server? It's not just "something technical"
Does it cost several million dollars to do? If not it is not even in the same league as the archiving system. I am sorry it might be interesting to you but not many people are going to care if a county clerk or county executive, esp of a major county, sets up a stand alone mail server until there are indictments. In fact I would wager you probably don't have much of a clue as to what your locality is doing sans a political issue.

The fact is it doesn't matter what it is no one is going to be going ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have to stop this/tell the world about it. Especially if they will not do it for a multi-million dollar project.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 06-04-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Does it cost several million dollars to do? If not it is not even in the same league as the archiving system. I am sorry it might be interesting to you but not many people are going to care if a county clerk or county executive, esp of a major county, sets up a stand alone mail server until there are indictments. In fact I would wager you probably don't have much of a clue as to what your locality is doing sans a political issue.

The fact is it doesn't matter what it is no one is going to be going ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have to stop this/tell the world about it. Especially if they will not do it for a multi-million dollar project.
You don't just "SETUP" a private mailserver. If you think it's that easy, try it.

Then try accessing it from different computers. Do you have a domain name on it? If so, it has to be registered. If you are using IP addresses it has to be manually setup on each and every computer. Whether my locality is doing whatever is not the issue, nor question. To do what you are suggesting, requires a LOT, and is not something that can be done in the shadows.

I truly believe you don't understand what it is you are suggesting at the very least, and at the worse, just cannot comprehend what it is I have been trying to provide you information about. It's not something that can be done without a LOT of tech knowledge, then there is access, firewalls, maintenance, patches, you simply don't just put up a stand alone mailserver. Ask ANY network admin, if they can just "setup a private mailserver or private network".

Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
It has all the curious timing of Obama being born in Hawaii in 1961. This has been around since 2009 its just now that people are starting to pay attention to the new stuff coming out of it.

Walker will not release his e-mails and has added $160,000 to his legal defense fund that really doesn't give you even the slightest indication that maybe he is involved with any wrongdoing? Really now? Are you that trusting of politicians, or just Republican politicians?
Um, I was an Obama voter in 2008.

Your entire post is one giant deflection from the fact that I went to the trouble to read your posted links and your first source is rush-limbaugh level garbage and your second source doesn't even seem to indicate that Walker is in any trouble at all.

The fact that you and other biased posters are making hay about it today is what is funny timing. Ironic that you are trolling me about being rep-biased and I'm one of the few non-partisans posting to the thread.

P.S. I love your whole McCarthy-Wisconsin vibe going about how Walker should release all his emails during a recall campaign if he has nothing to hide. Um, in politics you release NOTHING unless you have to or your opponents will use it against you.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
You don't just "SETUP" a private mailserver. If you think it's that easy, try it.

Then try accessing it from different computers. Do you have a domain name on it? If so, it has to be registered. If you are using IP addresses it has to be manually setup on each and every computer. Whether my locality is doing whatever is not the issue, nor question. To do what you are suggesting, requires a LOT, and is not something that can be done in the shadows.

I truly believe you don't understand what it is you are suggesting at the very least, and at the worse, just cannot comprehend what it is I have been trying to provide you information about. It's not something that can be done without a LOT of tech knowledge, then there is access, firewalls, maintenance, patches, you simply don't just put up a stand alone mailserver. Ask ANY network admin, if they can just "setup a private mailserver or private network".
You also don't just set up a new archiving system, or build a large water and sewer extention for an empty field, or a random road that no one uses, or redo a court pleading system, or build a community center in the middle of nowhere, but yet these things happen all the time often for unknown or questionable reasons and cost lots and lots of money and special knowlegde to do and maintain. I have seen multi-thousand dollar town projects come to fruition based on what a few folks having a casual conversation about what they thought would be a good idea. Heck I was part of a committee that did a $500,000 public budget once and I can count on my hands the number of people who petitioned me on it.

I truly believe you don't understand what is going on around you. In the grand scheme of things esp. for a county of 900,000+ people none of what you say is a big deal, or that hard to hide.

If you don't believe me go to a public comment session of the local government in a decent sized city (if they even have one) where budgetary items are being discussed and you will see all sorts of huge sums of money being spend on things you haven't heard of.

Now consider all this in the context of trying to cover up a very large embezzlement scandal and hiding it looks to be really easy.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 06-04-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, I was an Obama voter in 2008.

Your entire post is one giant deflection from the fact that I went to the trouble to read your posted links and your first source is rush-limbaugh level garbage and your second source doesn't even seem to indicate that Walker is in any trouble at all.

The fact that you and other biased posters are making hay about it today is what is funny timing. Ironic that you are trolling me about being rep-biased and I'm one of the few non-partisans posting to the thread.

P.S. I love your whole McCarthy-Wisconsin vibe going about how Walker should release all his emails during a recall campaign if he has nothing to hide. Um, in politics you release NOTHING unless you have to or your opponents will use it against you.
Some how I doubt that, based on everything I have read from you. I have never once read something from you that is pro Obama or Democrat and so that either makes you regarding the bolded statement since Obama has done much of what he said he would do (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/ so you would expect someone who knowingly voted for him would at least agree with democrats once every few weeks.

As I said I have posted numerous news articles from a variety of sources beyond the first one because I know rightwingers despite their love of Fox News and Blaze attack the messenger and I asked several questions based on those reports and none have been answered with any substantive information or facts or anything but ad homs and deflection. This is just more of the same. I don't think you all have even posted a single link to support any of your "unbiased" garbage.

The most telling thing is that despite the fact that most of this is substantiated by the MSJ on this thread where the GOP is making hey desperately in another race you are nowhere to be found.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ren-state.html

You are a fake moderate who likes to see himself as an "un-biased" middle off the road common sense person, but really the only people who act in such a way are those who are blissfully ignorant of their own personal biases and only see bias in other people. If you did some introspection you would realize that every single human being is bias it is part of human nature.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-05-2012 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
You also don't just set up a new archiving system, or build a large water and sewer extention for an empty field, or a random road that no one uses, or redo a court pleading system, or build a community center in the middle of nowhere, but yet these things happen all the time often for unknown or questionable reasons and cost lots and lots of money and special knowlegde to do and maintain. I have seen multi-thousand dollar town projects come to fruition based on what a few folks having a casual conversation about what they thought would be a good idea. Heck I was part of a committee that did a $500,000 public budget once and I can count on my hands the number of people who petitioned me on it.

I truly believe you don't understand what is going on around you. In the grand scheme of things esp. for a county of 900,000+ people none of what you say is a big deal, or that hard to hide.

If you don't believe me go to a public comment session of the local government in a decent sized city (if they even have one) where budgetary items are being discussed and you will see all sorts of huge sums of money being spend on things you haven't heard of.

Now consider all this in the context of trying to cover up a very large embezzlement scandal and hiding it looks to be really easy.
Your rant is getting beyond ridiculous. You've taken some IT guy pluggin in a router to water and sewer projects to redoing the court system. You need to see a shrink before the prez election if this is what happens to you when a gov is up for one. You've gone looney tunes.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:11 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Some how I doubt that, based on everything I have read from you. I have never once read something from you that is pro Obama or Democrat and so that either makes you a liar or a fool regarding the bolded statement since Obama has done much of what he said he would do (PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises so you would expect someone who knowingly voted for him would at least agree with democrats once every few weeks.

As I said I have posted numerous news articles from a variety of sources beyond the first one because I know rightwingers despite their love of Fox News and Blaze attack the messenger and I asked several questions based on those reports and none have been answered with any substantive information or facts or anything but ad homs and deflection. This is just more of the same. I don't think you all have even posted a single link to support any of your "unbiased" garbage.

The most telling thing is that despite the fact that most of this is substantiated by the MSJ on this thread where the GOP is making hey desperately in another race you are nowhere to be found.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ren-state.html

You are a fake moderate who likes to see himself as an "un-biased" middle off the road common sense person, but really the only people who act in such a way are those who are blissfully ignorant of their own personal biases and only see bias in other people. If you did some introspection you would realize that every single human being is bias it is part of human nature.
I stopped reading when you called me a liar or a fool. <shrug>

Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wouldn't put anything past that rat faced, dead eyed criminal.
"Rat faced" is a matter of opinion. You're entitled to yours. "Criminal" is a matter of fact. Please cite the facts that support your insinuation that Walker has ever been convicted of a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies