Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:59 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times

Advertisements

After following this site for a number of years, on one hand it's entertaining, on the other depressing. Whenever Obama is attacked on an issue, first liberals try defending the issue rationally. When they realize they have nothing really to support his issues based on reason, they end up resorting to "you're racist" and storm off in a snit.

Yet we have Allen West. A man of integrity, that actually tells the truth that attacks both parties policies where applicable. Someone that doesn't just pander to the crowd and chant mindless slogans (Hope and Change anyone?). Someone that can actually have an intelligent conversation without a teleprompter. Yet whenever they disagree with his message, liberals attack him in the most vile, disgusting terms imaginable. And never even try to discuss his policies.

Why is it that the most vile racists on this site seem to be of a liberal bent? Why are they unable to debate in a reasonable, polite manner, without resorting to racist name calling, best left in the 1950s? When will liberals actually judge a man by the content of his character, and leave his race out of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
After following this site for a number of years, on one hand it's entertaining, on the other depressing. Whenever Obama is attacked on an issue, first liberals try defending the issue rationally. When they realize they have nothing really to support his issues based on reason, they end up resorting to "you're racist" and storm off in a snit.

Yet we have Allen West. A man of integrity, that actually tells the truth that attacks both parties policies where applicable. Someone that doesn't just pander to the crowd and chant mindless slogans (Hope and Change anyone?). Someone that can actually have an intelligent conversation without a teleprompter. Yet whenever they disagree with his message, liberals attack him in the most vile, disgusting terms imaginable. And never even try to discuss his policies.

Why is it that the most vile racists on this site seem to be of a liberal bent? Why are they unable to debate in a reasonable, polite manner, without resorting to racist name calling, best left in the 1950s? When will liberals actually judge a man by the content of his character, and leave his race out of it?
Uh...what does one guy have to do with the other?

I've never called Obama's critics racist. Misguided, yea, but that's about it.

West is an Uncle Tom of the first order. I don't know what policies of his that you're talking about. He's just a congressman from Florida. What did he ever propose?

Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
I haven't seen many examples of people being called racist for disagreeing with Obama's policies. The problem is, many republicans stray from policy, and into broad and obviously untrue attacks on black people in general, or into attacking Obama on openly racist terms (eg. Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Dinesh D'Souza, John Derbyshire, Sean Hannity, Neil Boortz, Herman Cain, Allen West, Joe Walsh, Rick Santorum, Steve King, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Andrew Breitbart...really, I could go on for a while). The fact is, the split between black people and the GOP began long before Obama was born, and republicans in general (there are exceptions) still have not figured out how to talk about black people without insulting them, by saying that we love welfare, or we're brainwashed plantation slaves, or some such.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:58 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh...what does one guy have to do with the other?

I've never called Obama's critics racist. Misguided, yea, but that's about it.

West is an Uncle Tom of the first order. I don't know what policies of his that you're talking about. He's just a congressman from Florida. What did he ever propose?
Calling someone a Uncle Tom isn't a little racist? The only one being misguided are the ones defending Obama's race and gender baiting due to his lack of that Hopey-Changey thingamajig.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
I haven't seen many examples of people being called racist for disagreeing with Obama's policies. The problem is, many republicans stray from policy, and into broad and obviously untrue attacks on black people in general, or into attacking Obama on openly racist terms (eg. Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Dinesh D'Souza, John Derbyshire, Sean Hannity, Neil Boortz, Herman Cain, Allen West, Joe Walsh, Rick Santorum, Steve King, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Andrew Breitbart...really, I could go on for a while). The fact is, the split between black people and the GOP began long before Obama was born, and republicans in general (there are exceptions) still have not figured out how to talk about black people without insulting them, by saying that we love welfare, or we're brainwashed plantation slaves, or some such.
I sure would like to see proof of the racism you claim in the folks you mentioned. Not some foolish internet blog or mindless out-of-context quote, but actual proof.

I won't hold my breath.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:11 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Why is this lie always trotted out? Nobody calls anyone racist for disliking what Obama does politically, you're racist when you continue to claim he's not an American, and use racially motivated terms such as gorilla when referring to his wife etc.

Allen West is just a garden variety right wing nutjob who happens to be black.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Calling someone a Uncle Tom isn't a little racist? The only one being misguided are the ones defending Obama's race and gender baiting due to his lack of that Hopey-Changey thingamajig.
He called Allen West an uncle Tom because he's not in lockstep with other blacks who automatically vote Democrat and because he's not a Leftist Liberal as he's required to be as a black man. Uncle Tom is the slur they use to shame blacks who won't stay down on the plantation.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Why is this lie always trotted out? Nobody calls anyone racist for disliking what Obama does politically, you're racist when you continue to claim he's not an American, and use racially motivated terms such as gorilla when referring to his wife etc.

Absolutely correct.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:

If you honestly believe people don't get called racist for simply disliking Obammy, you're as wrong as wrong could be. The slurs such as 'gorilla' and wookie' sprung up for constantly being called racist. I guess I finally got my fill of it and decided to start acting like one. There's absolutely no convincing someone you aren't, so accept it and move on.

I've become racist since Obama and his racist administration and base came to be. They are harming themselves. If it's equality they want (and have had for years), they're setting it back by slinging the 'racist' mantra all over the place.

It's their call. I personally couldn't care less what they think of me.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:33 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,286 times
Quote:

I guess any conservative would be a rightwing nutjob to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies