Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,305,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why is it "Racist" to speak out about Obama's policies, but not Allen West's?
What about calling Obama a half Black monkey? Oh wait, you are perfectly ok with that and defend it
Quote:
I don't have a problem with the "half-black" comment-it happens to be true, mother is white, father is black. Same as the "monkey" comparison
Quote:
Most of us simply think of monkeys as less bright than human beings and incapable of deep, complex thought. Man, you need help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 11:53 PM

831 posts, read 681,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What about calling Obama a half Black monkey? Oh wait, you are perfectly ok with that and defend it

Wow, talk about caught in the act, nice find!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 AM

865 posts, read 624,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
I haven't seen many examples of people being called racist for disagreeing with Obama's policies. The problem is, many republicans stray from policy, and into broad and obviously untrue attacks on black people in general, or into attacking Obama on openly racist terms (eg. Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Dinesh D'Souza, John Derbyshire, Sean Hannity, Neil Boortz, Herman Cain, Allen West, Joe Walsh, Rick Santorum, Steve King, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Andrew Breitbart...really, I could go on for a while). The fact is, the split between black people and the GOP began long before Obama was born, and republicans in general (there are exceptions) still have not figured out how to talk about black people without insulting them, by saying that we love welfare, or we're brainwashed plantation slaves, or some such.
WTF are you talking about??? The Republicans don't treat people as "groups". In our party, everyone is equal! We don't say we're going to do "this" for "that" minority, etc. We're ALL equal and do with that what you will!! Don't expect us to cater to any minority, that's NOT what we're about!

Old 06-05-2012, 04:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,219,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Can you read?

I said in a previous post IN THIS FREAKIN' THREAD that he's not an Uncle Tom based on his political beliefs, but because of his actions. Damn.

Find the thread where i called Herman Cain, Condi Rice, Colin Powell, J.C. Watts, Thomas Sowell, or Michael Steele an Uncle Tom. Go ahead. Have a good time searching despite the fact that you won't find it.

There is a specific reason that i single out Allen West. If you're too goddamn lazy to read the reason i stated, then that's your problem. I tried.

And NO...it's not racist to call another black an Uncle Tom. Especially when he deserves it. Besides, that's not a conversation that i need to be having with you (unless you're black).

doesnt matter, his actions are also his beliefs. hence the reason he is a black republican.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,277,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Can you read?

I said in a previous post IN THIS FREAKIN' THREAD that he's not an Uncle Tom based on his political beliefs, but because of his actions. Damn.

There is a specific reason that i single out Allen West. If you're too goddamn lazy to read the reason i stated, then that's your problem. I tried.
My aren't you getting nasty! But then that's pretty standard for a Leftist who's arguments are falling apart.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,677,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

you two just need to look back to the posts in 2008 and 2009 when MANY of us conservatives were blatantly blasted as being racist because we were against the policies that obama laid out. many is the time on this very board that i had to defend myself against charges of racism because i oppose obamas policies on the basis that they are far too progressive for this country.
Prove it.

The problem is, this just didn't happen.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:52 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
After following this site for a number of years, on one hand it's entertaining, on the other depressing. Whenever Obama is attacked on an issue, first liberals try defending the issue rationally. When they realize they have nothing really to support his issues based on reason, they end up resorting to "you're racist" and storm off in a snit.

Yet we have Allen West. A man of integrity, that actually tells the truth that attacks both parties policies where applicable. Someone that doesn't just pander to the crowd and chant mindless slogans (Hope and Change anyone?). Someone that can actually have an intelligent conversation without a teleprompter. Yet whenever they disagree with his message, liberals attack him in the most vile, disgusting terms imaginable. And never even try to discuss his policies.

Why is it that the most vile racists on this site seem to be of a liberal bent? Why are they unable to debate in a reasonable, polite manner, without resorting to racist name calling, best left in the 1950s? When will liberals actually judge a man by the content of his character, and leave his race out of it?
It is not racist to argue against President Obama's policies, it is racist to make racist comments.
FYI, I have no idea which site you are speaking of, but when it comes to racist threads and posts here the righties lead the field by a country mile, and saying otherwise only reflects back on yourself, the readers here know who does what here. Jeeez

Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Prove it.

The problem is, this just didn't happen.
Apsolutely 100% correct. They make these claims but when some of us have asked for them to prove it, should be easy since they say it happens all the time, they Never can. Seems like they forget that everything posted here is on record, I guess pawns don't need facts, only rhetoric.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
doesnt matter, his actions are also his beliefs. hence the reason he is a black republican.
Strange you felt the need to call him a "black" republican

Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 AM

52 posts, read 45,555 times
Quote:
After following this site for a number of years, on one hand it's entertaining, on the other depressing. Whenever Obama is attacked on an issue, first liberals try defending the issue rationally. When they realize they have nothing really to support his issues based on reason, they end up resorting to "you're racist" and storm off in a snit
There is a fundamental difference between these various types of racism. Racial bias on the part of black folks, even the most vicious and unhinged bigotry on ourr part, is pretty impotent.

Racism is when you can deny people jobs, housing, health care, decent educations, or their physical freedom via the justice system, thereby wrecking their lives. And there are virtually no black folks or liberals who can do any of that.

In every generation whites have hyped fears of black anger and the supposed desire of blacks to exact revenge on whites. From fears about slave rebellions, to claims that integration would lead black children to knife white children in the hallways and rape white girls, to paranoia about Obama’s secret plan for “white slavery,” the cult of white victimhood has long had its charter members.

Sadly, nowadays the cult has the attention of the media and a white public already anxious about changing demographics, the presence of a black president and economic insecurity.

Quote:
Yet we have Allen West. A man of integrity, that actually tells the truth that attacks both parties policies where applicable. Someone that doesn't just pander to the crowd and chant mindless slogans (Hope and Change anyone?). Someone that can actually have an intelligent conversation without a teleprompter. Yet whenever they disagree with his message, liberals attack him in the most vile, disgusting terms imaginable. And never even try to discuss his policies.
Blacks who pretty much agree with whites – or, even worse, play to their stereotypes – will have a much easier time getting on television than those who do not. So even though you see black faces on television, it is still pretty much the World According to White People.

Quote:
Why is it that the most vile racists on this site seem to be of a liberal bent? Why are they unable to debate in a reasonable, polite manner, without resorting to racist name calling, best left in the 1950s? When will liberals actually judge a man by the content of his character, and leave his race out of it?
Because racism have never been reasonable and polite and it has always involved name calling.

I will show white people my humanity when you show me yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies