Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 04:54 PM

33,630 posts, read 37,282,727 times

Advertisements

I think you are ignoring the main offenders, Heterosexuals. Now why would you do that? My guess is that it doesn't fit your anti gay agenda....Every 2 minutes someone in the US is sexually assaulted....

Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 05:06 PM

112 posts, read 123,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is an excellent post. Yes, it is true that for many of those or all, their sexuality is their focus and that is why it was considered a mental health disorder for so many years...
No. Their sexuality is YOUR focus. You and your side are so obsessed with what kind of sex they're having and whether it's moral or not, YOU seek to deny these people certain rights because of it.

What consenting adults choose to do in the privacy of their own homes is none of your business. It doesn't affect you in the slightest, and it should NOT be the basis for denying fellow human beings equal rights.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,392,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think you are ignoring the main offenders, Heterosexuals. Now why would you do that? My guess is that it doesn't fit your anti gay agenda....Every 2 minutes someone in the US is sexually assaulted....

Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
No I'm replying to a post and staying on that topic.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,400,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Is there a reason you think this post is called for at all?
Lighten the F up yourself, homer.
Brilliant retort. Meaningless, but brilliant.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,816,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Anyone who has a unreasonable fear of Homosexuality or who openly decry's Homosexuality with no facts to back them up except their own phobias.

I've never met anyone who has a fear of homosexuality.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,741,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I have. They're all over this forum.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,134,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
B/c you're looking at it as "Oh noes! A gay........ AAAAAAH!!!!!!"

If you look at it as "Oh noes! A gay... is teaching our children that it's okay to be gay and now my son's going to turn gay. And they're trying to upend society by ruining the institution of marriage and two-sex parents/families... AAAAAAH" Can you seriously say that there aren't a lot of "homophobic" people?

Cut to the chase: being afraid of the outcomes of accepting homosexuality counts as homophobia.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:35 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,426,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I'm a homophobe and for good reason.

A gay guy tried to hit on me one night - and he's lucky I didn't punch his lights out.
He must have been really really drunk.
Can you imagine what straight or lesbian women feel when straight guys hit on them all the time when they don't want the 'attention'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Homophobia is NOT wrong. And I don't want homosexuals looking at my kids in the park either.
Considering that according to over 60 years of research, the profile of the vast majority of child molestors are straight males. I'd say you were looking in the wrong direction. In fact one of the largest studies of over 4000 child molestors showed the the profile of most child molestors was "male, straight, married and religious".

Do you need me to provide links to some of that research? Again?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Your not a Homophobe, you just see through the BS because your eyes are open to the real world.
How does someone keep their eyes open and see the 'real world' when their head is stuck firmly up their rear?

Last edited by Ceist; 06-09-2012 at 09:12 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
This is an excellent post. Yes, it is true that for many of those or all, their sexuality is their focus
Actually their 'sexuality' seems to be YOUR focus. One could call it an 'obsession'.

Quote:
and that is why it was considered a mental health disorder for so many years until their community continued to attend conferences on mental health have shout downs during the conferences until they won.
LOL! Please stop reading homobigots-r-us websites and mindlessly regurgitating their nonsense.
Try reading something based in reality:

APA: Lesbian & Gay Parenting: Theoretical & Conceptual Examinations Related to Lesbian & Gay Parenting

The decision to remove homosexual orientation from the list of mental disorders reflects extensive research conducted over three decades showing that homosexual orientation is not a psychological maladjustment (Gonsiorek, 1991; Hart, Roback, Tittler, Weitz, Walston, & McKee, 1978; Reiss, 1980). There is no reliable evidence that homosexual orientation per se impairs psychological functioning, although the social and other circumstances in which lesbians and gay men live, including exposure to widespread prejudice and discrimination, often cause acute distress (Cochran, 2001; Freedman, 1971; Gonsiorek, 1991; Hart et al., 1978; Hooker, 1957; Meyer, 2003; Reiss, 1980).

Homosexuality and Mental Health
"Confronted with overwhelming empirical evidence and changing cultural views of homosexuality, psychiatrists and psychologists radically altered their views, beginning in the 1970s.

In 1973, the weight of empirical data, coupled with changing social norms and the development of a politically active gay community in the United States, led the Board of Directors of the American Psychiatric Association to remove homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).

Some psychiatrists who fiercely opposed their action subsequently circulated a petition calling for a vote on the issue by the Association's membership. That vote was held in 1974, and the Board's decision was ratified."

Quote:
Now, they are trying to do this in every forum they can get their foot into. If you look at the criteria that were listed when it was considered a mental health disorder, it goes beyond how they have sexual relations.
Oh? What 'criteria' was that? You don't even know do you?

Quote:
You will also see that many of the sexual activities are harmful both physically and psychologically.
What sexual activities' do gays and lesbians enage in that straight people do not?
Were you aware that 43.5% of straught men and 36% of straight women engage in anal sex? For oral sex it's about 90%. But again, your focus is only SEX!SEX!SEX! Is this some sort of obsession for you? Perhaps you need to see a psychiatrist for your own mental health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies