Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I got deleted from Huffington Post before their AOL merger. I never said anything that violated their TOS but my conservative views were simply not welcomed and my posts would get flagged. I guess after a number of flags they just delete you.
I had the same experience. I was always civil but they couldn't handle the truth or anything that didn't follow the leftist mindset.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's not, the right wingers can violate TOS non-stop, post nasty personal attacks and racist comments, troll/hijack threads, and next to nothing will be done about it, but anyone that isn't on the hard right will get the whip cracked at even the most minor issue. It's pretty well know how heavily biased this forum is
I can attest to that.....well said!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
It's not, the right wingers can violate TOS non-stop, post nasty personal attacks and racist comments, troll/hijack threads, and next to nothing will be done about it, but anyone that isn't on the hard right will get the whip cracked at even the most minor issue. It's pretty well know how heavily biased this forum is
I don't know T68 Ive noticed some pretty heavy rw hitters seem to disappear. Now that could be life changes or they could have just went to far. I cant share but I have dealt with Mods that will give you a chance if you show you learned the rules. Me personally I'm still school yard. I never report. I try to fight back with in the system now but there was a time when I would let my online temper get the best of me. Ive never been a Mod but I am a person of authority in real life and it can be tough and you cant always really tell someone how they really are with out getting in trouble yourself. If you play it fair over time most will begin to see you for that and many will defend you against charges of unfairness. You can always tell patterns over time.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:53 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I had been reading other forums lately. One of which was Democratic underground. And man, most other forums are full of people who think exactly alike, and they are offended when someone actually disagrees with them.

I personally don't even see the point in a forum like that.

I think when you surround yourself with the equivalent of yes-men, you become sort of separated from reality. As there is no one there to point out the flaws in your thought processes.

The truth is, even though I post on these forums as if I am absolutely certain of everything, I have learned a LOT from being on these forums. Anytime someone tells me something I don't know(usually to counter my argument), I have to take hours or sometimes even days to learn about it. This forum has been sort of my ultimate political inspiration, and has helped to guide me on my quest for knowledge.

And I don't think that could have ever been the case, had this been a forum of people on the same side of the political spectrum.

Forums where everyone agrees are actualy quite boring.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Forums where everyone agrees are actualy quite boring.
I certainly agree. However, even here on CD there is a huge difference regarding how disagreements are handled on P&OC vs some of the other forums. For example, the same issue can be discussed on "Education" and P&OC, or "Parenting" and P&OC, and the conversation will be much more civil on the other forums. There isn't nearly the snark, and under the radar screen attacks on those fora.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Some folks are 4Truth only when people are pro-Black, pro-gay, pro-Obama, pro-Dem, blahblahblahblah.
"Truth, the word comes from old English, and all our little old ancestors".

- Mr. Trotter - My Cousin Vinny(1992)

Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Yes, everyone is out to get you

From what I have seen, the truth is more along the lines of the hate mongering, racist, troll leftwingers on this forum are allowed to do all these things and are not reprimanded

Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times
Quote:
I have noticed that hateful comments towards Blacks and Hispanics are allowed, yet if you call out someone for their racist comments you get a beating. Makes no sense

Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I had been reading other forums lately. One of which was Democratic underground. And man, most other forums are full of people who think exactly alike, and they are offended when someone actually disagrees with them.

I personally don't even see the point in a forum like that.

I think when you surround yourself with the equivalent of yes-men, you become sort of separated from reality. As there is no one there to point out the flaws in your thought processes.

The truth is, even though I post on these forums as if I am absolutely certain of everything, I have learned a LOT from being on these forums. Anytime someone tells me something I don't know(usually to counter my argument), I have to take hours or sometimes even days to learn about it. This forum has been sort of my ultimate political inspiration, and has helped to guide me on my quest for knowledge.

And I don't think that could have ever been the case, had this been a forum of people on the same side of the political spectrum.

I have lurked at DU and HUF for a long time, like-minded-zombies is a term that comes to mind.

I like to hear differing opinions regardless of what mine are.....makes me think.

People gripe about CD, but in reality there is a much better mix here as compared to many other sites.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
This.
My the balance at this point was 3 - 3 and you were whining. Ah me,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies