Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,600,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The Chevy Volt is a neo-con's wet dream. They just can't seem to stop talking about it!
The Volt is an environmentalist liberal's wet dream. It makes no business sense at all and it's contribution to the environment is no where near the hype. I like the technology package, but it's the price for the room, performance, and fuel economy that makes it a deal breaker for many buyers with enough cash to purchase such a vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
That's the Chevy Cruze, no the Volt, which while sharing chassis, aren't actually the same car. They have two entirely different drive-trains.

So, while it's fascinating that a couple of people have complained about car-fires in the Cruze, that doesn't necessarily translate directly to the Volt.
Oops, my mistake. Sorry. You're right, same platform, different power train. Don't you wish more people here would be willing to admit their mistake?

Old 06-08-2012, 11:36 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,510,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
The Volt is an environmentalist liberal's wet dream. It makes no business sense at all and it's contribution to the environment is no where near the hype. I like the technology package, but it's the price for the room, performance, and fuel economy that makes it a deal breaker for many buyers with enough cash to purchase such a vehicle.
Auto-manufactures seem to disagree, as just about every manufacturer has or is developing an electric vehicle.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:55 PM

Honda's electric-car mpg eye-popping, as is its cost
Honda Fit EV $12,000 above the cost of a regular Fit will be offered as a lease in limited areas.
The Nissan Leaf EV starts around $30,000 and has a range of maybe 100 miles depending on the driver as well as road and climate conditions. It also requires a 240volt charging station that cost roughly $2,500 including shipping, parts, and labor to install thus raising the price close to 35,000 before sales taxes. It takes a government tax break to bring it within a little more than $25,000 total for a vehicle you might get a hundred miles on a full charge. Rechargeable batteries don't hold a charge well as they get older so the longer you own it, the less miles you'll have available.
Test Drive: 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car review - chicagotribune.com

The Mitsubishi I-miev car is even smaller and only around 70 mile range again for around $30,000. And it's the ugliest car made today in my opinion.
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Quote:
Auto-manufactures seem to disagree, as just about every manufacturer has or is developing an electric vehicle.
However,

Old 06-09-2012, 12:10 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,236,264 times
I'll keep my nice large and comfy SUV thanks.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:11 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,508,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Tesla seems to be able to do it, not sure why GM can't figure it out.
I would not go that far.

Tesla Recalling 439 Roadsters for Fire Hazard - NYTimes.com
Early morning fire at Tesla battery testing facility in Palo Alto | abc7news.com

Old 06-09-2012, 12:16 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,508,131 times
Quote:
That's not a Volt.

You paid way too much for whatever that bike is.

The Volt is not under recall.

No really, it's not a fire risk.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,142,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hey, I think the Volt is a great idea. It looks like a Pontiac chewing on a lemon,
and will turn into a firebird (if you let it sit for a week or so) in your garage.

I think every car museum in the nation needs one. It could sit next to the corvair & the nash .

Old 06-09-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Hey, I think the Volt is a great idea. It looks like a Pontiac chewing on a lemon,
and will turn into a firebird (if you let it sit for a week or so) in your garage.

I think every car museum in the nation needs one. It could sit next to the corvair & the nash .
And the Pinto, Fiero, and Vega (massive oil leaks).

Old 06-09-2012, 04:38 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,380,959 times
Quote:

I see. This must be another O-speak thing I guess. (up is down, white is black, dark is light, yada is yada is yada).

Because:

Chevy Volts Called Back By GM For Battery Fixes

Please explain why O's GM would recall and make fire prevention fixes to the Volt if:

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies