Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

He said it over and over again!!! "WE NEED A CLEAR CONTRAST BETWEEN US AND OBAMA. I AM THIS CONTRAST!"
Rick said Obamacare was gonna be a thorn in the side of Romney, who did the same thing in his state!

And NOW, I'm listening to conservative talking heads who dissed Rick because he was concerned about "socially moral" issues and wanted the moderate Romney! With the Supreme Court ruling this past week, they are now looking at what Santorum told them!!

How can Mitt say anything against Obamacare, when he did it too???

Just look at the tepid, lifeless response Mitt gave after the ruling.....No emotion ....no passion.....the people wanted more and he could not deliver!! Why? Because he's living in a glass house!

But nobody wanted the "morality guy" , who by the way, was more than just that! The media painted that on him and the conservatives believed it. And now we're stuck with a guy who is trying his best not to fight back for fear of his own past! Santorum would have had no such fears and you know his speech would have powerful and passionate and unwritten!!!

Rick was indeed the true conservative ....both socially and fiscally. But we did not want him. Only Beck supported Santorum. Now Dennis Miller and others who supported Romney are worried crapless about the weak responses from the Romney camp.

And now he somewhere rightfully sayin, " I told ya'll!!"

SMH.........

Rick's been vindicated..........he was my pick. I'm voting for Romney. But it's not lookin' good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
He said it over and over again!!! "WE NEED A CLEAR CONTRAST BETWEEN US AND OBAMA. I AM THIS CONTRAST!"
Rick said Obamacare was gonna be a thorn in the side of Romney, who did the same thing in his state!

And NOW, I'm listening to conservative talking heads who dissed Rick because he was concerned about "socially moral" issues and wanted the moderate Romney! With the Supreme Court ruling this past week, they are now looking at what Santorum told them!!

Just look at the tepid, lifeless response Mitt gave after the ruling.....No emotion ....no passion.....the people wanted more and he could not deliver!! Why? Because he's living in a glass house!

But nobody wanted the "morality guy" , who by the way, was more than just that! The media painted that on him and the conservatives believed it. And now we're stuck with a guy who is trying his best not to fight back for fear of his own past! Santorum would have had no such fears and you know his speech would have powerful and passionate and unwritten!!!

Rick was indeed the true conservative ....both socially and fiscally. But we did not want him. Only Beck supported Santorum. Now Dennis Miller and others who supported Romney are worried crapless about the weak responses from the Romney camp.

SMH.........

Rick's been vindicated..........he was my pick. I'm voting for Romney. But it's not lookin' good.
Are you not aware that he just got caught with gay dating website apps on his phone?

Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Are you not aware that he just got caught with gay dating website apps on his phone?
I think that was actually a joke.

Much more damning for Santorum is that he makes no secret of the fact that he wants America to be a Christian theocracy. Pretty bad when a U.S. politician thinks that America should be more like Iran than like a democracy.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 AM

798 posts, read 1,034,146 times
IMO the line-up for the Repub nomination was not very strong. You had:

Mitt Romney: no position on virtually anything
Rick Santorum: views on certain issues alienated some demographics
Rick Perry: "1...2...I don't remember the rest" <- pretty much says it all
Newt Gingrich: personal life hurt him, also moon colony? really?
Herman Cain: interesting, but sexual allegations hurt him. Also, being a CEO of a pizza company made him seem less serious.
Ron Paul: Libertarian. Has great ideas, but crazy ones too.

The way I see it, the GOP had to pick someone who seemed moderate while at the same time promoting right-wing views. The best choice for that was Romney, because of his "etch-a-sketch" positions, as the media called it. He was good because when the time was right, he could solidify his positions to fit the majority. The others just had too much crazy about them to be safe choices.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I think that was actually a joke.

Much more damning for Santorum is that he makes no secret of the fact that he wants America to be a Christian theocracy. Pretty bad when a U.S. politician thinks that America should be more like Iran than like a democracy.
This x1000. No way would I ever even consider voting for Santorum. Of course, Mittens isn't that much better. Way to go, GOP.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM

374 posts, read 812,442 times
I don't think Rick Santorum laughs.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:27 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
Santorum was unelectable for so many reasons but he was absolutely right that a Romney nom would pretty much take attacking Obamacare off the table.

I know the GOP is making a lot of noise about the "tax" etc. right now, but trust me, they'll let that die before the debates because Romney cannot stand on a stage with Obama and attack him for implementing a healthcare system that Romney basically designed and as recent as 2009 was advising (USA Today op-ed) the President to implement WITH a mandate to curb the "free riders".

Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

SMH.........

Actually most of the talkshow hosts supported Santorum or Newt. Only a few,Miller,Hugh Hewitt,Michael Medved,supported Romney.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times
I forgot about Santorum.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
He is no better than a Christian Mulah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies