Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I think that was entirely by accident.
I'm guessing since they didn't realize what they were saying until I brought it to their attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Putting up signs isn't engaging in gun fights either. You completely missed the point.
Okay, back to topic.

I think the sign is rediculous and highly doubt anyone with a lick of sense would actually put it up. That sign + owning a gun = trouble.

With that said; even if my neighbor openly hated guns, and he was being robbed, I'd bet my house he'd appreciate my use of pinpointed violence to save his arse.

I can think of more appropriate warnings to place on my home:

Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Okay, back to topic.

I think the sign is rediculous and highly doubt anyone with a lick of sense would actually put it up. That sign + owning a gun = trouble.

With that said; even if my neighbor openly hated guns, and he was being robbed, I'd bet my house he'd appreciate my use of pinpointed violence to save his arse.

I can think of more appropriate warnings to place on my home:

I've considered one that says:

Yes, MY stuff is worth more to ME than YOUR life.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No problem with it.

When I lived in New Mexico, I held Title III Firearms License as a dealer in NFA weapons. I lived way out of town and my nearest neighbor was over a mile away. I would routinely test machineguns and submachineguns prior to selling them. My neighbor informed me he was renting the house to a person from California. I didn't give it much thought until one day while ripping a belt of .50 BMG through a M2, the Sheriff's Dept showed up. I knew the Deputy and he explained the neighbor complained. I said "so"? And he said exactly. He cleared the call and we got down to business and had a bunch of fun until the neighbor showed up all lathered up. The Deputy explained I was not violating any laws and he whined that in California this would not be tolerated. I said "Look here, slick, you are not in CA but in the United States where freedom actually means something." He moved out next week.
I wish you were my neighbor.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No problem with it.

When I lived in New Mexico, I held Title III Firearms License as a dealer in NFA weapons. I lived way out of town and my nearest neighbor was over a mile away. I would routinely test machineguns and submachineguns prior to selling them. My neighbor informed me he was renting the house to a person from California. I didn't give it much thought until one day while ripping a belt of .50 BMG through a M2, the Sheriff's Dept showed up. I knew the Deputy and he explained the neighbor complained. I said "so"? And he said exactly. He cleared the call and we got down to business and had a bunch of fun until the neighbor showed up all lathered up. The Deputy explained I was not violating any laws and he whined that in California this would not be tolerated. I said "Look here, slick, you are not in CA but in the United States where freedom actually means something." He moved out next week.
I love that story and surely hope it is true. Some lefties just can't take that much truth.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It just shows how much an A*S they are, and I doubt anyone but another A*S would actually find it funny.
I guess Toyman and I are both asses since you proclaimed us to be so.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
knew someone in lee county florida that had a sign that said, have guns in home, if not at home the guard gator will be home instead. good luck.
Well yeah, but I think there might be one or two liberal robbers who would think that a gator was no more than those on The Swamp. Maybe liberals just don't watch that show.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
It's a free country but it's a little juvenile.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

This has been floating around the gun boards for years, but I don't recall it being discussed here. We seem to have a lot of anti-self defense posters here, figured it was worth while to see if any of them had a problem with it.
I guess I would be forced to place a sign on my lawn indicating the hours my neighbors are at work.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
The sign is good for a laugh, but I don't know any gun owners who would actually put that up in front of their house. Most gun owners tend to be responsible people who would come to a neighbor's aid if needed. Also remember, some non-gun owners simply are not interested in guns but do not actively advocate for restrictions on 2nd Amendment rights. I respect their preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies