Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

i would just stick a gun in the criminals face, and say "go try the neighbors place they got no guns jking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Lots of internet commandos on this thread.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Didn't like the thread on this topic last year?
Must be a slow non-news day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
It reminds me of something a professor told me. He's a cop, been one for nearly 30 years. At one point he started talking about gun laws and what not and said that he supports the second amendment but thinks that most people really don't need them unless they need to defend their lives. He said that putting up an ADT sign is usually enough to deter burglars, and if that doesn't work then put up a sign that says "We have ADT and guns. But the neighbor doesn't!!"
Then he's a jerk.
Who cares what you do, but to direct criminals to neighbors just means that you're a jerk who hasn't enough sense to own a gun.

Why not put up a sign that says, there are teen aged girls next door whose parents work evenings.
Care to rape them?

The more I read this crap, the more I fear that most gun owners are immature, irresponsible jerks.
I had no real opinion about gun ownership, but the more idiot gun owners I encounter are changing my mind for me.

BTW, how often has your house had a robbery or attempt?
And if it's frequently, you need to move to a safer neighborhood.

When I live in the states, I live in the inner city. I've never been robbed and I'm old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The sign is good for a laugh, but I don't know any gun owners who would actually put that up in front of their house. Most gun owners tend to be responsible people who would come to a neighbor's aid if needed. Also remember, some non-gun owners simply are not interested in guns but do not actively advocate for restrictions on 2nd Amendment rights. I respect their preferences.
I disagree, the idiot gun owners on CD certainly yap like they would.
They are mostly angry and wish harm on those who don't want to be armed.

Last edited by chielgirl; 06-13-2012 at 10:43 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Exactly right. I have no problem with people who don't want to own a gun, until they don't want me owning one either. It's a proven fact that crime on the street goes down when the public is allowed carry permits. B&E and FE crime skyrockets when guns are banned, just as it has in London.

Do you own a gun?
Points made.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I now live in a rural area and it would take too long for me to wait for the cops, simply not an option for me.
It's always an option, and a choice.
Not everyone who lives in rural areas feels the need to own guns.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Perception is everything, but it's handy to have a few weapons; just in case!

I want to add a Keltec RFB to my suite of arms, but Cali wants a welded in clip. So I can own one only after ruining it. <<sigh>>
It sounds like you really need to get out of that state. The more I read from people in California, and the more CA refugees I talk to, I have to wonder what country CA is really part of. Sure doesn't seem like the United States. Though after reading about Bloomberg's childish antics, I guess I could say the same of NY.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's always an option, and a choice.
Not everyone who lives in rural areas feels the need to own guns.

true, not everyone does feel the need to own a firearm, right up until they need one.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 PM

56 posts, read 45,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

This has been floating around the gun boards for years, but I don't recall it being discussed here. We seem to have a lot of anti-self defense posters here, figured it was worth while to see if any of them had a problem with it.
Nah, I think the neighbors would be proud. They would erect a sign themselves to express their 1st Amendment Rights.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shintao View Post
Nah, I think the neighbors would be proud. They would erect a sign themselves to express their 1st Amendment Rights.
Now that thar's funny. Black belt fist. That ought to have the criminal types rolling on the ground in laughter. Right up there with the Taco Bell Chichua guard dog.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:10 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
true, not everyone does feel the need to own a firearm, right up until they need one.
Vast majority of people will never shoot another person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies