Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:14 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Cleveland had a Republican mayor in 1989.
Correction, GOP George Voinovich was mayor of cleveland for ten years, 1979 to 1989.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
7 of the ten least wealthy congressmen were Dems. What's your point?
That bunch of Dems you pointed out sure do owe somebody a pile of money. You did see that all of them had minus numbers indicating a pile of debt.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Difference is, some of the 7 Dems work for the American people, none of the Repubs do.
I see that bob failed to see that the numbers of those 7 Democrats were all minus numbers which indicates that they owe a whole lot of money, especially Alcie Hastings. You didn't notice that, did you bob.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Vote Republican! I'm sure you'll be rich in no time.
I've been doing that for 40 years and am surely not rich. A bit richer than Alcie Hastings but I haven't borrowed myself into that deep a hole.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL the Liberal Media really doesnt get it.
This list is hilarious.
Republicans arent the party of the Rich............ Its the Democrats lol.
What about the Democrats fighting for the Middle Class and poor?
Democrats in Illinois/NY/CA have driven the cost of living and tax structure in those states to insane undesirable levels.
Heck Illinois raised their taxes by 66% less than 2 years ago.
Lets see what lame arguements the Liberals come up with now.
out of the 10 richest congressment only 3 are Republicans. the other 7 are Democrats.
So obama what about this Class Warfare strategy?
Pssst! Hey buddy! Over here! Got somethin for ya! Listen, don't tell anybody and remember you heard it here first....Republicans have this thing called "trickle-down" see? They want to give to the rich (themselves), so they could say that they're going to pass it down to others who are not rich. But here's the part that will blow you away. Ready? THEY NEVER DO! That's right! They give the money to the rich (Republicans), hold the lid on taxes, and nobody else ever sees a dime. That's why we go into RECESSIONS when a Republican is running the country. Republicans don't know how to manage the economy, don't know how to benefit anybody but the rich.

So now that you are armed with this new info, whaddaya gonna do? I suggest you think real hard and understand that identifying who are the richest Congresspeople, does not hide the fact that the Republican ideology stinks and never works.

Gotta run! I know you're in a bind, so I hope this helps!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Difference is, some of the 7 Dems work for the American people, none of the Repubs do.<

er no. NONE in either party truly work for the American people.

and on the other side. er no Democrats are not communists. Get a dictionary.

In just the posts above this one the sheer level of idiotic hyperbole never ceases to astound me.

They only thing that astounds me more is I keep coming here and wading into it. Guess Im the dummy.
This is the truest post so far. Democrat or Republican, they work for whoever is paying them and it is not the American people. And yes, you are the real dummy, but what can you do?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
In fairness to John Kerry,that's really his wife's money. Or to put it more correctly,his wife's dead husbands money.
Good point, he didn't earn it, he married into wealth.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:08 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
>And yes, you are the real dummy, but what can you do?<

LOL its like that car accident you watch when you start to hear the tires screech.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL the Liberal Media really doesnt get it.
This list is hilarious.
Republicans arent the party of the Rich............ Its the Democrats lol.
What about the Democrats fighting for the Middle Class and poor?
Democrats in Illinois/NY/CA have driven the cost of living and tax structure in those states to insane undesirable levels.
Heck Illinois raised their taxes by 66% less than 2 years ago.
Lets see what lame arguements the Liberals come up with now.
out of the 10 richest congressment only 3 are Republicans. the other 7 are Democrats.
So obama what about this Class Warfare strategy?
Republicans are statistically less intelligent than Democrats. It would only make sense that the intelligent people would have more money.....no? If you take minorities out of the equation the difference in wealth, education and IQ scores between white Democrats and Republicans is off the charts. Not all Republicans are stupid White folks but almost all stupid white folks are Republicans

I don't really care because I don't vote but It's always fun to tell the truth. People hate the truth LOL
True story ........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies