Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times

Advertisements

I don't care. Maybe us English speakers will get our own channel after a while.
And English only channel. There's Univision today..maybe there'll be Englishvision tomorrow for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You live in Texas. You would think you would know spanish by now.
I know some but I'm not fluent and I don't know the slang for sure.

There are still pockets of English speakers here..we're not a totally Spanish speaking state yet
Maybe us holdouts will form small segregated communities and just talk English among ourselves.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,542,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I know that there are commercials in the Spanish language, they have been on television in southern California for many many years already.

I have complained to my congressperson in the past, and to no avail...
Hmm... Are there laws that are being violated by broadcasting commercials in Spanish? Would you like an act of Congress which limits advertisers to only have English-language commercials? Just sounds like more Big Government to me...

Old 06-22-2012, 12:42 PM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
"YOU" PEOPLE WHO CLOSED YOUR EYEBALLS TO THE TIDALWAVE OF ILLEGALS FLOODING THE UNITED STATES "YOU" PEOPLE....

You think it applies to you? Then claim it - I don't claim it because I sent letters to my lousy incumbent congressperson who turned a blind eye for years and years and years because she benefits as a democrat from pandering to the Hispanic/Latino minority.
And WHO benefitted from cheap illegal labor for over 50 years?

Are you really silly enough to believe all those farms/plants were owned by Democrats?

12,436 posts, read 11,962,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I know some but I'm not fluent and I don't know the slang for sure.

There are still pockets of English speakers here..we're not a totally Spanish speaking state yet.
Tick...tick...tick.

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Hmm... Are there laws that are being violated by broadcasting commercials in Spanish? Would you like an act of Congress which limits advertisers to only have English-language commercials? Just sounds like more Big Government to me...
My complaint was that there are network broadcast channels transmitting SAP in Spanish which is an accommodation, but it isn't reciprocated on the Spanish language channels for English.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:43 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,542,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't care. Maybe us English speakers will get our own channel after a while.
And English only channel. There's Univision today..maybe there'll be Englishvision tomorrow for us.
Yeah seriously... I have about 200 channels on cable and probably 185 of them are basically all in English... When can we get those extra 15 channels in English?! This is an outrage!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And WHO benefitted from cheap illegal labor for over 50 years?

Are you really silly enough to believe all those farms/plants were owned by Democrats?
WTF does cheap illegal labor, dems or repubs have to do with putting a Spanish language commercial on television during the damn playoffs on a nationwide network broadcast channel?

Stop trying to divert attention away from the point of this thread.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
WTF does cheap illegal labor, dems or repubs have to do with putting a Spanish language commercial on television during the damn playoffs on a nationwide network broadcast channel?

Stop trying to divert attention away from the point of this thread.
WTF does YOUR whining about Democrats benefitting by pandering to Hispanics have to do with FORD broadcasting a commercial in Spanish?

Thin air up there on your lame high horse?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM

226 posts, read 213,862 times
If they want to corner that market they just need to start having a paint job with flames as a factory standard.

jk

Who cares? If Ford thinks this is a good idea then I see no problem with it. They didnt take bailout money. They are simply trying to take on a new marketing plan. Good for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies