Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Apparently something has been lost in translation.

I didn't send a letter to my lousy democratic incumbent about the stupid commercial in Spanish that was on television last night.

I sent letters in years past about the lack of parity on network television broadcasts in SAP (English to Spanish) which is not reciprocated on Spanish language channels SAP (Spanish to English).... got it?

I hope so.
Apparently what's been lost is your memory.

YOU are the one who brought up your "lousy democratic incumbent" benefitting by pandering to Hispanics and when I asked if you were silly enough to believe only Democfrats benefitted from cheap illegal labor in the past YOU replied with:

Quote:
WTF does cheap illegal labor, dems or repubs have to do with putting a Spanish language commercial on television during the damn playoffs on a nationwide network broadcast channel?

Stop trying to divert attention away from the point of this thread.
I don't think you got it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 01:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I believe it's more imagination than vision.
Did that EO not give illegals the advantage over legals? I think it sure did. The group that handles all the requests for green cards and the like will be overcome by that nearly 1 million people and all the legal requests will have to wait. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I am not sure where Obama gets the money to take care of this part of his order. The House won't be going along with him. The legals who are trying to assimilate are screwed and may not buy Fords from this, either.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:42 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a law, yet, that forces me to buy from an American company? Maybe that won't happen so soon if we can get by November in good shape.
Nope, no law yet (and you're not likely to get it under another Neo-Con Republican either, given that they've sold our collective souls to the Chinese for decades), but if you're going to be a REAL American who thinks REAL American's should speak English, doesn't it naturally follow that you should buy American made products?

If not, why not? Is there a limit to your patriotism and does that limit reside inside your wallet?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:43 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,085 times
Unemployed or "sin trabajar". Doesn't make much difference what language when the country is all unemployed.

The Dems are destroying this country in bilingual fashion. In a few more years a Ford truck will be the new status symbol.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:44 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Just imagine how crazy everyone would be going if "Government" Motors had done a commercial in Spanish?!?!?!?! Yikes!!!

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
What the fook does it have to do with a free market to run an advert in a foreign freegin language that 90% of the viewing audience cannot relate to because they can't understand the language? What's next commercials in FRENCH??!?!

You pander to the 10%? and alienate the 90%??? GTFOH!
Exactly! Have you been to a Sears lately? All of the ads over the intercom are completely in Spanish. No English at all! What am I chopped liver? Yet I represent the 90%. I refuse to ever do business with them again.

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post

The Dems are destroying this country in bilingual fashion. In a few more years a Ford truck will be the new status symbol.
How?

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
I am particularly fond of the weather reporting. I just noticed that they were actually speaking in spanish. Still does not change my mind. Some of you may want to be a little more open minded.

Breves AM Telemundo News & Weather Girl Cindy Burbano - YouTube

Old 06-22-2012, 01:45 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
But Obama made an attempt to drive legals out with his last EO that was aimed at putting illegals in front of them.
Please, you start enough Obama bashing threads, no need to attempt converting this one.

Quote:
I have no future in marketing since I am so old that I am unemployable but nice try, anyway. I only go by three meat packing plants on the way to Dodge City but I don't stop long enough to go through the lots to check the age of the autos in them. Nice try but I say you failed.

I won't be buying any new Fords as long as I am here and one son who wanted to do so won't now since he has to deal with so many illegals in feedlots and always gripes about how they mistreat their machinery.
I'd say your're successfully cutting off your nose to spite your face if some silly-ass commercial keeps you from looking at a car.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
In a few more years a Ford truck will be the new status symbol.
It already is down here in redneckamerica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies