Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I would not put it past this president and this SCOTUS . Obama could sign a self-executing treaty, which would have the force of law. Roberts can just make up his ruling on a self-executing treaty.
If you want to be afraid, then no amount of sanity or reason can dissuade you.

Personally, I don't live in fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Why are you all so quick to dismiss Obama's record in the senate pertaining to the 2nd Amendment? His record was atrocious. All you have to do is research it.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
So many gun rights people are totally over whelmed with CONFIRMATION BIAS.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization.

ARE YOU THIS TYPE?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here it comes. Yet another thread by a scared gun owner who takes anything the NRA or World Net Daily says as the gospel truth.

Wish someone would explain to these UN conspiracy theorists that treaties, even ratified by Congress do not trump the Constitution.

There is a whole industry set up to scare elderly, white men into believing that 1) The 2nd Amendment is the most important amendment to their livelihoods. and 2) It's being threatened by virtually non-existent moves to curb gun rights.

Fools and their money are soon separated.

Think TV evangelists conning lonely widows out of their money, only this version is for white, elderly, poorly educated, men.
I expect that you know that Article VI, Section 2 defines the Supreme Law of the land and some of the words in there could be interpreted by the Supreme Court, as was proven a week ago today to say what we may not like to see said. Anyway, for others that may not know this here is the part of Article VI, Section 2 that makes me worry.

The Constitution and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof, and all treaties made, or which shall be made under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land,

What do you think about that quoted part of the Constitution? What would the 3 girls and Breyer say about that treaty? I think we both know how they would rule. Now would Roberts go along with them?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Conservatives will believe anything they read if it is anti-obama, and I mean anything.
And you don't believe any of what Kracer posted 6 minutes before you posted your post? Surely you don't.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So many gun rights newspapers are saying the treaty this and that and at this time there is not a treaty even written in the rough draft and so many are saying at one time about 6 months ago that Hillary had signed it. PURE BS being put out there. Do you endorse the lies?

No I don't endorse lies and I have seen pro 2nd amendment people sensationalize before and I will not comment on this treaty itself as I don't know the details but my comments and beliefs are there because of a known and shown past history of Clinton, Obama and various democrats (with a couple republicans to boot) who did lie and were caught and who did put out pure BS. It is also widely known that many in the U.N do not support civilians owning weapons so I can only say that if it looks like a duck, quaks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If you want to be afraid, then no amount of sanity or reason can dissuade you.

Personally, I don't live in fear.
If I did experience any fear, it would be a rational one, after all the times this president has acted unilaterally and fluanted the congress, and ignored the Constitution, and this insane ruling Roberts handed down on ObamaCare.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
We are now learning what was behind Obama's "Fast and Furious" program which was a criminal attempt to blame US gun sales for the escalation of deadly violence in Mexico which also resulted in many deaths in the USA ... it was all about pointing a finger at US gun sales to give him justification to change US gun laws ... but now we find out it was the Obama administration that planned and ordered the gun sales to the Mexican cartels ... and now he got caught ... and now he will pay from these crimes that resulted in deaths on both sides of the border ... Obama is responsible for these deaths by murder.

Signing the U.N. gun treaty is just another attempt to evade our 2nd amendment rights ... educate yourself and learn the truth ...
Hillary has been pushing this thing for some time and will continue. I bet she goes to the Senate and tries to get them buttered up before it comes up. This thing is plenty of reason to elect some more Republicans to the Senate this fall.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
No I don't endorse lies and I have seen pro 2nd amendment people sensationalize before and I will not comment on this treaty itself as I don't know the details but my comments and beliefs are there because of a known and shown past history of Clinton, Obama and various democrats (with a couple republicans to boot) who did lie and were caught and who did put out pure BS. It is also widely known that many in the U.N do not support civilians owning weapons so I can only say that if it looks like a duck, quaks like a duck, it must be a duck.
When you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth. Russian tactics and gun rights nuts all the same stuff. It quacks like a duck as well.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Well, the Senate has to ratify this treaty, right? Even if it comes up pre-election, Blue Dogs like Manchin and Tester will be hard-pressed to vote for this if they want to be re-elected.
It takes 67 of them to ratify it but who knows with all the RINOs in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies