Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

I was convinced that many of the 18 - 30 year old group wouldn't vote this year and all of a sudden I saw this video of Obamacare supporters being interviewed outside the Supreme Court building before the final decision came out. After watching that bunch of obviously students, in age, I told my 31 year old son what they had said and all he could say was that they must think anything that others have to pay for is free. It is good to watch people like this talk so you can see how Obamacare has "bought" many votes from the lack of understanding of so many people who love that word, free.

Obamacare supporters demand ‘free’ healthcare | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,017 times
What a rude awakening these kids will have when they turn 27 and get off the mommy and daddies healthcare. If they are earning $44,000 and have no healthcare they will be taxed for the mandate and still have no healthcare. If they don't want to pay the mandate tax they will have to pay for a cadillac plan that will be way more coverage than they need at that time in their lives. In essence THEY are the ones that will be paying for the subsidies for healthcare but will not be receiving any.
Now that is ridiculous man.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
What a rude awakening these kids will have when they turn 27 and get off the mommy and daddies healthcare. If they are earning $44,000 and have no healthcare they will be taxed for the mandate and still have no healthcare. If they don't want to pay the mandate tax they will have to pay for a cadillac plan that will be way more coverage than they need at that time in their lives. In essence THEY are the ones that will be paying for the subsidies for healthcare but will not be receiving any.
Now that is ridiculous man.
I told my son that those kids are used to everything being paid for by parents or someday and they really like to think that healthcare can be free. Somehow they just don't understand that doctors, nurses, hospital employees, etc have to be paid or they will have to find someplace else to make a living. Those kids surely have never had to work for their room and board or they would be more awake about life.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:29 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I told my son that those kids are used to everything being paid for by parents or someday and they really like to think that healthcare can be free. Somehow they just don't understand that doctors, nurses, hospital employees, etc have to be paid or they will have to find someplace else to make a living. Those kids surely have never had to work for their room and board or they would be more awake about life.
There is nothing in the health care law that says it will be free. Doctors, nurses, and hospital employees will continue to be paid as usual. [MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-08-2012 at 04:47 PM..

Old 07-08-2012, 04:30 PM

167 posts, read 311,021 times
Quote:
I was convinced that many of the 18 - 30 year old group wouldn't vote this year and all of a sudden I saw this video of Obamacare supporters being interviewed outside the Supreme Court building before the final decision came out. After watching that bunch of obviously students, in age, I told my 31 year old son what they had said and all he could say was that they must think anything that others have to pay for is free. It is good to watch people like this talk so you can see how Obamacare has "bought" many votes from the lack of understanding of so many people who love that word, free.

Your son is welcome I helped paid for his financial aid he got to go to school. If not him then many other 30 somethings who got subsidized Stafford Loans interest free, unsubsidized Stafford loan or low interest student loan or any other form of financial aid to go to college so they can live a good life. As compared to Joe the Plumber down the street who worked hard his whole life but now that the recession has hit his income has declined and can no long afford health insurance. His wife gets sick recovers. He can't pay the big bills... no insurance so the hospital reduces the rates which of course you know we really pay for it in increased premiums. His business picks up but now he can't get insurance because of his wifes pre-existing condition.

It's called living in society.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
There is nothing in the health care law that says it will be free. Doctors, nurses, and hospital employees will continue to be paid as usual. [MOD CUT/personal attack]
Break your code and watch the video I offered to you. Maybe you will be able to hear so many of those young people talking with the words free healthcare. Somebody from the Dem side of things has convinced them of this, but being old enough to know how stupid it is, like you, needs to see how the young people are talking and try to reason why.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:01 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,277 times
Quote:

I don't think Obamacare is free. If it was free, you could not be taxed for not buying it.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post
Your son is welcome I helped paid for his financial aid he got to go to school. If not him then many other 30 somethings who got subsidized Stafford Loans interest free, unsubsidized Stafford loan or low interest student loan or any other form of financial aid to go to college so they can live a good life. As compared to Joe the Plumber down the street who worked hard his whole life but now that the recession has hit his income has declined and can no long afford health insurance. His wife gets sick recovers. He can't pay the big bills... no insurance so the hospital reduces the rates which of course you know we really pay for it in increased premiums. His business picks up but now he can't get insurance because of his wifes pre-existing condition.

It's called living in society.
I am very proud to say that you didn't pay one penny of my son's two years at college where he took a course of technology. Nope, he had a scholarship from an old mechanics' fund and the rest he paid out of his own funds. He worked all through high school and had quite a pile saved up. Thanks for thinking you paid for him to go to school, but no left leaner gave him one penny.

You see, he is a diesel mechanic and makes quite a pile of money for driving a service truck all over southwest Kansas. Many people won't allow any other technicians work on their machines and will wait until he can. Yep, he is quite a good conservative and doesn't like even thinking about the new taxes that will come into effect because of Obamacare. He is tired of his income taxes being used to take care of people who won't work but totally against anything in the ACA. How many new taxes come from all that?

Old 07-08-2012, 06:45 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Me and my kids don't want or expect "free" anything, nor is anyone anywhere suggesting this is going to be the case except in the minds of the looney ("Dr's and nurses need to get paid"? WTF??) . BUT we all need something affordable that will cover what we need under the system that we have. I'm willing to work with whatever options we have in 2013-2014 because, for us, that's when the rubber meets the road. If it's not something that comes out of Obama's health care reform then there better be something that comes from "the other guy". There is no more time to fart around with pretty speeches and dreaming up perfect systems or devising a complete and total overhaul of the US Government (ie: pipe dreams).

Old 07-08-2012, 07:00 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,684 times
By the time they are 26 they should have graduated college and have a job that provides them Health Insurance. The coverage for offspring until they are 26 isn't "free", the parent would be paying for a family plan. I graduated HS in 1980 and I was covered under my mother's Health Insurance until age 23 as long as I was in school, I graduated college and had my own Health Insurance before then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies