Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 10:22 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
A homosexual couple is more likely to promote and encourage the
'lifestyle' to their 'wished for' adopted children.
complete and utter BS. We already know that heterosexual couples produce the most gays in
the world. So your "reasoning" is faulty,.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
One controversial book by a biased, gay author will not do.

That's not our problem. Why don't you quote a book that says it didn't exist? Oh ooops....

Btw, dismissing the source because of the author: Ad Hominem

The controversial part was created by the Catholic and Christian churches (of course they want to silence anything that goes against their stance that homosexuality is a sin)

Old 07-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
No. I have my information from graduate history courses.
apparently from a school that uses outdated history books.

Quote:
Wikipedia just happened to contain generally the same information,
Funny, Wikipedia also contained sources that contradict your claims.

Quote:
If you disagree with info from Wikipedia that I posted then why don't you copy a part of a textbook or another reliable and accepted source.
We have and you simple ignored them.

Quote:
If you can't find any, shut up and admit defeat.
Says the person who has been caught posting misinformation from dubious sources.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:29 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Good grief. Claiming Wikipedia as a reliable source. And you claim you went to college? Was it an online junior biblical college where you could buy a 'degree'?

That's almost as funny as GNT posting sources from the Church of Scientology to back up his opinions.
Shhh.... I am using the fact that he finds Wikipedia as a reliable source.

It's actaully a credible source if you actually look at the source of information. I always do. It's called research, and anyone can and should use it.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Of course they are. For a proper development child needs both feminine and masculine role models. Of course there are kids who were brought up by single parents but it doesn't prove this is an optimal situation.
No. It doesn't but since the majority of child abuse happens in a two parent(mother/father) home, this means that having two parents of opposite sex is not prove to be the optimal situation either. In order to achieve the optimal situation you need parents, regardless of sexual orientation or marital status, that have the child's best interest at heart. That is all you need and it does not take a man and a woman to do this and many studies show this. Please, go back to the first few pages and read some of the studies we offered up.

Quote:
They are only ideal in heterosexual world as they represent both sexes.
If you take the gender out of the equation and claim that both feminine and masculine role models are not needed for proper developemnt of a child than why stick with two parents? Why not three, four or five? What's the difference. Two is not a magic number but simply represents both sexes.
NO, as I stated above, the majority of spousal abuse and child abuse happens in homes with a mother and father.

With you logic a female same-sex couple and a male same-sex couple could live together and raise a child just fine. You have both male and female and now you have double the parenting abilities. Works for me.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:53 AM

[quote]
Quote:
There are still countries that did that, banned the bible and religion alltogether. I think you would find North Korea or Vietnam extremely attractive. Good bye....
You really don't know much about those countries do you?

I don't believe in banning books just because they are illogical and people might take them seriously. The religious right does. I think it is time the bible is placed on the proper shelf in the book store... mythology, right next to stories about Zeus, Ra, and Thor.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Secular yet still based on Christianity and Christian moral values. Not Muslim, not Hindu and atheist. We celebrate Sundays, invoke the name of God in the Constitution, ban polygamy and celebrate Christmas as an entire nation. Why would it be if the country wasn't funded on Christian values?
This country was built by Christians not Muslims and not atheist.
You do know that morals existed pre-christian era, right?
SOME Christians observe sundays, most other people think it's just another day. God isn't in the Constitution. It says Creator, not god, back then creator and god did not mean the same thing.
Polygamy wasn't banned until later on in 1862, our country was founded when?
The entire nation does not celebrate Christmas. Even our government didn't recognize Christmas as a holiday until 1870. Until then, Christmas was just another day and congress would still conduct business as planned.

The only reason we have any christian "values" is because the Christians right was fueled by the fact that our government was scared of becoming a communist nation. So scared that it changed our national motto to In God We Trust. They believed that a communist nations would not happen if people believed in God over State. In turn we have almost become a fascist nation. Please, go read a freaking real history book. Do some research.

Quote:
Well, there are some people who advocate sex with the minors like NAMBLA.
But because the majority believes these acts to be immoral they are banned and prosecuted. There were societies that were not based on Christianity, like ancient Greece where sex with minors was considered acceptable.
Umm...the bible condones sex and marriage with minors. Did you just miss that part?

Quote:
I totally agree that name calling make you look like a five years old.
Name calling?

Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No. I have my information from graduate history courses. Wikipedia just happened to contain generally the same information, although in a very concise format, and since it is available on line it is easier to copy and paste. If you disagree with info from Wikipedia that I posted then why don't you copy a part of a textbook or another reliable and accepted source.
If you can't find any, shut up and admit defeat.
Umm... you haven't shown us anything that has been credible or reliable pertaining to what you think happened in history.

You didn't even know when our government started recognizing Christmas...

Look for a book called history of the world by Mental Floss. Easy for beginners in history and if you understand it and like it I can recommend hundreds of more books for you to read.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:16 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Yup. This is the end of America as we know it!

Spoiler

What load of crock - looks like a happy couple to me!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Your opinion. Thank goodness studies show this to be false. Homosexual and lesbian couples have shown to be better parents than heterosexuals.

So what about single parent fathers?

You continue to not address single parents, seeing as it continues to destroy this part of your argument.
Of course single parent can't raise children as well as a family.
Nobody or almost nobody chooses to be a single parent but it is never an optimal solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies