Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 01:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,958,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Yes we do. Marriage in western culture, has always been understood as an union of a man and a women for the purpose of raising offspring. NOT TRUE. That has always been its purpose. NOT SO. Nothing changes here. WELL ... THINGS ARE CHANGING. Of course though the ages we changed some quantifiers, restricting who can legally marry and who can't (like legal age, divorce, mental capacity, etc) yet the sole social purpose and sole concept of marriage remains the same. IN YOUR MISTAKEN OPINION.

Nice try
Marriage has been a economic contact between two people, often arranged by two families.

The purpose of marriage is not solely based on producing offspring. Otherwise people who are infertile, impotent, beyond child-bearing age, would be disqualified from marriage. They are not.

Nowadays most of us recognize marriage as a union between consenting adults who love each other.

Legal same sex marriage is in effect in several states and D.C. There is no disputing that.

Legal same sex marriage is exists in many countries such as Canada, Argentina, the Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, etc. It is also recognized in places like Mexico City and Israel. There is no disputing that.

In the next two years we are going to see the recognition of legal same sex marriages in a lot more places: France, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, among other places.

I have no problem with a person voicing their opinion that they are opposed to same sex marriage, just try not to make broad sweeping generalizations that are not true. Unless you are a world recognized scholar on marriage contracts in human society from an anthropological, ethnographic, sociological, political, and historical perspectives you cannot make grandiose pontifications on what constitutes and does not constitute a marriage.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,800,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So what if our first buildings were churches. Doesn't mean that everyone who came off the Mayflower were Christians.

we are not the kids here.

Again, take your religious BS to the religion forum. We are talking about gays raising children, which has nothing to do with ones religion.
All I know that if you discussed gay marriage with people who just came off the Mayflower thay would just throw you in the ocean and made sure you won't come out.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Marriage has been a economic contact between two people, often arranged by two families.

The purpose of marriage is not solely based on producing offspring. Otherwise people who are infertile, impotent, beyond child-bearing age, would be disqualified from marriage. They are not.

Nowadays most of us recognize marriage as a union between consenting adults who love each other.

Legal same sex marriage is in effect in several states and D.C. There is no disputing that.

Legal same sex marriage is exists in many countries such as Canada, Argentina, the Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, etc. It is also recognized in places like Mexico City and Israel. There is no disputing that.

In the next two years we are going to see the recognition of legal same sex marriages in a lot more places: France, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, among other places.

I have no problem with a person voicing their opinion that they are opposed to same sex marriage, just try not to make broad sweeping generalizations that are not true. Unless you are a world recognized scholar on marriage contracts in human society from an anthropological, ethnographic, sociological, political, and historical perspectives you cannot make grandiose pontifications on what constitutes and does not constitute a marriage.
More and more gay propaganda. No, marriage was always meant as a way to establish a family, raise children.
Concepts of marriage and family are intertwined.
As you should know survival of the species is I.e. procreation is a prerogative of every living organism on this planet. Sorry, that's a fact and that's what makes homosexuality wrong on every level.
Raising children in a perverted environment, even more wrong.
By taking away your propensity to procreate the nature clearly marked your genetic code as undesirable, a dead end. Accept it.

Last edited by rebel12; 07-28-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 07-28-2012, 01:44 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,232,276 times
Quote:
More and more gay propaganda. No, marriage was always meant as a way to establish a family, raise children.
Concepts of marriage and family are intertwined.
As you should know survival of the species is I.e. procreation is prerogative of every living organism on this planet. Sorry, that's a fact and that's what makes homesuxuality wrong on every level.
Raising children in a perverted environemnt, even more wrong.
Yeah, no. Sorry.

Provide specific examples where this was stated. Names, articles, sources, interviews - back your opinion with some actual fact...which you've yet to do.

Get to it - though I doubt a hick such as yourself can muster much thought or effort into it.

I agree with Arus - take your religion garbage to the religion forum, we're discussing homosexuals and raising children here.

Thank you.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,277,304 times
Quote:
All I know that if you discussed gay marriage with people who just came off the Mayflower thay would just throw you in the ocean and made sure you won't come out.
Oh? seeing as they are all dead, I don't think you would know what they felt. So please, don't play "I can talk to the dead" and talk for them and say " I know" because, you don't.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Yeah, no. Sorry.

Provide specific examples where this was stated. Names, articles, sources, interviews - back your opinion with some actual fact...which you've yet to do.

Get to it - though I doubt a hick such as yourself can muster much thought or effort into it.

I agree with Arus - take your religion garbage to the religion forum, we're discussing homosexuals and raising children here.

Thank you.
Thousands years of documented history shows names of people who were married and rasing children together. Manuscripts from Mesopothamia to ancient Greece. Nothing to prove here.
The fact that nature marked your genetic code undesirable?
Why else would she make you gay i.e. without any propensity to procreate?
You are a dead end. Accept it. Get off the stage.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
News flash: the pilgrims were notoriously intolerant people.

So if you discussed being Jewish in Germany in the 1930's you would have arrested, sent to concentration camp, worked as slave labor and then put in a gas chamber.

What is your point?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:50 PM

Giving birth to children is not a requirement of marriage.

Period.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Oh? seeing as they are all dead, I don't think you would know what they felt. So please, don't play "I can talk to the dead" and talk for them and say " I know" because, you don't.
You would not survive this conversation, pal.

Do you know what the penalty for homosexual acts was in British Navy at that time?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
News flash: the pilgrims were notoriously intolerant people.

So if you discussed being Jewish in Germany in the 1930's you would have arrested, sent to concentration camp, worked as slave labor and then put in a gas chamber.

What is your point?
I don't live in Germany and we are talking about people who foundeded this country and their intents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies