Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 03:49 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wow. That kind of hate is going to take years off of your life.

And you forgot about gay men donating to sperm banks where both lesbians and heterosexual women can use their sperm to get pregnant. And then I'm sure that lesbians, like heterosexual women, have donated their eggs. Then, of course, there are gay men using surrogates.
I have friends who are a lesbian couple, and they specifically went to a "gay sperm bank" - where both the donors and recipients were all (supposedly) homosexuals. Guess the gays CAN make children without the help of heterosexuals!

P.S. They now have two beautiful children, a boy and a girl, who are more well-adjusted and well-behaved than most straight-parented kids I encounter daily.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I don't care why other people have sex or what they do in their free time, that's not the subject here. But I object to raising children by individuals who mother nature specifically took out of the gene pool by taking away their propensity to procreate, by making them homosexual.
I don't want them to convey to children these personality traits that mother nature deemed harmful, unnecessary and scheduled to be remove from the genome.

Talking about contraceptives. Like I said nature is very efficient and finds ways around our ingenuity. Contraceptives fail and couples using contraceptives may decide at dome point they want children.

I haven't decided anything but underlying concept of unexplainable phenomena such as attraction, love, sex is procreation. That's the prorogative built into genetic code of healthy individuals. You are not part of it so I don't expect you to understand.
How am I not a part of it?? What does that mean, exactly??

The rest of your post is a combination of nonsensical drivel and opinion, so I won't even bother commenting on that. Oh, except for the fact that you ignored my points about post-menopausal, infertile, and "fixed" heterosexuals... should they not be allowed to marry, adopt, or have sex?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:54 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Haha. Nearly every higher animal species has within it some sort of non-reproductive segment. In many species you could describe that segment as "homosexual" if you wanted. It's prevalent in mammals and especially prevalent in birds.

For instance, 25% of male black swans pair in male-male lifelong, "monogamous" couplings. These "gay" swan couples take in orphaned chicks and even steal eggs from male-female nests. The chicks they raise are twice as likely to survive to adulthood as those raised in "traditional" nests. It's a real-life, concrete example of mother nature using "homosexuality" to directly help the propagation of a species.

Have you ever considered that biology and mother nature are much more complex than your naive and simplistic understanding? Instead of dismissing it out of hand as "genetic garbage" and an unhealthy abnormality (informed I'm sure by your religious beliefs), why not challenge yourself and think of a few possible explanations (beyond the one I mentioned above) as to why such a trait has been selected for an maintained in so many species for millions of years?
I am not saying homosexuality by itself an unwanted trait but rather a mechanism utilized by mother nature to purge unwanted code from the genome.
By taking your natural propensity to procreate mother nature ensured your genetic code will not survive. Its a rather clever mechanism as even the affected individuals are unnaware and even enjoy bring tagged for extinction.
Then again if nature wasn't clever life on earth would not survive for so long.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
All this crap about "mother nature" is entirely made up. A theory you are desparately clinging to to try and make an unjustifiable discrimination seem justifiable, whereas the evidence suggesting gays are every bit as qualified (if not more) to get married and raise children is factual.

You keep running back behind these little theories about what "mother nature" had in mind concerning homosexuals, when it could just as easily be the case that homosexuals came about specifically to show heterosexuals how to be good parents and good spouses. Surely, now, even you can see how creating these theories out of thin air just makes one look silly.

Taken together, your theory and my factual evidence could only support the following conclusion:

Heterosexuals are meant to have the children, and homosexuals are meant to raise them
But but but... didn't you know that ANY sources supporting these facts are simply "gay propaganda?" Even if they're directly from the NIH, APA, or other government source they'd usually consider reliable? LOL

Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
All this crap about "mother nature" is entirely made up. A theory you are desparately clinging to to try and make an unjustifiable discrimination seem justifiable, whereas the evidence suggesting gays are every bit as qualified (if not more) to get married and raise children is factual.

You keep running back behind these little theories about what "mother nature" had in mind concerning homosexuals, when it could just as easily be the case that homosexuals came about specifically to show heterosexuals how to be good parents and good spouses. Surely, now, even you can see how creating these theories out of thin air just makes one look silly.

Taken together, your theory and my factual evidence could only support the following conclusion:

Heterosexuals are meant to have the children, and homosexuals are meant to raise them
Homosexuals are not meant to have children.
Since you are not meant to have children I can't see how would you be meant to raise them.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-29-2012 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Since you are not meant to have children I can't see how would you be meant to raise them.
Pssst... you might want to start reading profiles before making personal attacks (which is against TOS, by the way), since both Vic & I are heterosexuals. D'oh!!!

Yes, imagine that - not all straight people are homophobic and ignorant about nature. And I'll ask you again, how do you feel about infertile people adopting/raising children? Obviously nature didn't intend for them to procreate, so do you feel they are also not suited to raise children?

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-29-2012 at 04:21 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 04:10 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Funny. A man can't give birth to a child yet there are so many single parent fathers out there today. Again why is it all about the ass and sex with you people?

Do you not think about anything else?

Is there something you're not telling us? It's okay - you can come out of that closet now.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-29-2012 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 07-29-2012, 04:21 PM

870 posts, read 1,570,613 times
Quote:
Apparently some hetreosexuals weren't meant to have children either. Look at all of the cases involving child abuse, abandonment, "baby daddies", child support issues, abortion, foster care, etc.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-29-2012 at 05:32 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 04:24 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
For the same reason we deny brothers wanting to marry their sisters and fathers their daughters. For the same reason we deny polygamist. Its not natural, its wrong.
Aha! The "slippery slope" argument!

Please tell me: where in the countries where legal same sex marriages exist is incestuous or polygamist marriages recognized?

In Spain?

In Canada?

In South Africa?

In Argentina?

In the Netherlands?

In Israel?

In Portugal?

In Sweden?

In the Federal District of Mexico City? (or Washington D.C. for that matter?)

In Iceland?

In Belgium?

In Norway?

Etc.???

Huh??? Where ????

Old 07-29-2012, 04:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Its not part of our culture, not part of our tradition.
For generations here in America, Slavery was a part of our tradition and our culture.

"Tradition" and "culture" can sometimes represent a detestable thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies