Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So then you obviously are against how Jesus was born then. After all Mary was not married to God or Adam before she got preggo.

You know what else should be done behind closed doors? Religious practices.
Adam? Man, have you even read a single word in the Bible? What are you talking about?

And you'll get your wish soon enough. It's all playing out the way it's written. If you would bother to pick up the Bible and read it, it might an eye opening experience because clearly you have no idea.

Don't you see what's going on around you? Are you really lost that far in the facade? It's like the matrix in this forum.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:00 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
If you would bother to pick up the Bible and read it, it might an eye opening experience because clearly you have no idea.
Replace "pick up the Bible" with "open one of the links provided as evidence that homosexuals should be able to adopt", and this is exactly how I feel.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:
Adam? Man, have you even read a single word in the Bible? What are you talking about?

And you'll get your wish soon enough. It's all playing out the way it's written. If you would bother to pick up the Bible and read it, it might an eye opening experience because clearly you have no idea.

Don't you see what's going on around you? Are you really lost that far in the facade? It's like the matrix in this forum.
I have read the bible over 12 times, cover to cover. How about you? Nothing is playing out the way it is written. That's like me saying, someone will die this week in New York. I could even be more specific, someone will die this week in New York, after being shot. So, if that actually happens you need to take my word as gospel.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Replace "pick up the Bible" with "open one of the links provided as evidence that homosexuals should be able to adopt", and this is exactly how I feel.
Let me ask you this. Suppose you got locked up, 20 to life, in Angola penitentiary. How much of a gay rights advocate would you be in that situation?

I don't hate gay people. Jesus didn't teach people to hate. However, fornication is a behavior that can have a number of unintended consequences. It can provoke jealousy, hatred, rage, and has even been directly responsible for murder and assault. On top of that, it can lead to pregancies, and often to illegitimate children. This is one thing that is impossible to accomplish with gay relations, and maybe that it gives it some merit.

Regardless, why does your sexual preference have to dicate who you are? Why is that important? Why do I need to know that information? People are using "gay" as their identity.

The way I look at it, it's two dudes or two females taking care of a child. What goes on in the bedroom needs to stay behind closed doors. A child is heavily influenced by those who raise it. If you teach a child to sin, the child will reciprocate the behavior, and our society will not be better off because of it.

And why is it a sin? Because of all the reasons I mentioned above. So, no I don't have a problem with a gay couple adopting a child as long as being gay is not part of their protocol when raising the child. Honestly, the child doesn't even have to know it.

I don't think anybody should be raised to hate anyone. As far as I know, Jesus didn't say anything hateful towards gays. He said we should love our enemies.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I have read the bible over 12 times, cover to cover. How about you? Nothing is playing out the way it is written. That's like me saying, someone will die this week in New York. I could even be more specific, someone will die this week in New York, after being shot. So, if that actually happens you need to take my word as gospel.
You are a liar. I'm losing respect for you. I mean, you didn't even know Mary's husband was Joseph. Not Adam. That's Bible study 101. You must have read the wrong book.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
For someone that has all the answers, you sure got a lot of questions. Why don't you read the Gospel and tell me if it's possible for someone who follows the words of Christ with 100% dedication and resolve can be a bad influence. I'm telling you, it's not possible.

Prove me otherwise. The ball is in your court.
Wow, well there are people out there who swear they uphold the bible and well they actually do. Read this book called, "A Year of Living Biblicaly By A.J. Jacobs." It a great book on how a person can uphold the bible 100% and yet some things could be considered a crime or even tantamount to abuse.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Wow, well there are people out there who swear they uphold the bible and well they actually do. Read this book called, "A Year of Living Biblicaly By A.J. Jacobs." It a great book on how a person can uphold the bible 100% and yet some things could be considered a crime or even tantamount to abuse.
Or I could just read the actual Gospel and find out that it's impossible. You read it from cover to cover 12 times. You should have no problem pointing out an incident that you're refering to. Like I said, the ball is in your court.

At least have some integrity.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
You are a liar. I'm losing respect for you. I mean, you didn't even know Mary's husband was Joseph. Not Adam. That's Bible study 101. You must have read the wrong book.
No I did, but talking with ignorant people causes my brain to do weird things, I have to bring it down to such a low level of understanding to match theirs. Not saying you particularly. Just ignorant people in general.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
No I did, but talking with ignorant people causes my brain to do weird things, I have to bring it down to such a low level of understanding to match theirs. Not saying you particularly. Just ignorant people in general.
Man, between you and me, I hope you don't treat people that you come into physical contact with like they are far below you, like you do on here.

If you do, you are going to have some major surprises in your life. You should learn to be humble. That's in the Gospel too.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this. Suppose you got locked up, 20 to life, in Angola penitentiary. How much of a gay rights advocate would you be in that situation?

I don't hate gay people. Jesus didn't teach people to hate. However, fornication is a behavior that can have a number of unintended consequences. It can provoke jealousy, hatred, rage, and has even been directly responsible for murder and assault. On top of that, it can lead to pregancies, and often to illegitimate children. This is one thing that is impossible to accomplish with gay relations, and maybe that it gives it some merit.

Regardless, why does your sexual preference have to dicate who you are? Why is that important? Why do I need to know that information? People are using "gay" as their identity.

The way I look at it, it's two dudes or two females taking care of a child. What goes on in the bedroom needs to stay behind closed doors. A child is heavily influenced by those who raise it. If you teach a child to sin, the child will reciprocate the behavior, and our society will not be better off because of it.

And why is it a sin? Because of all the reasons I mentioned above. So, no I don't have a problem with a gay couple adopting a child as long as being gay is not part of their protocol when raising the child. Honestly, the child doesn't even have to know it.

I don't think anybody should be raised to hate anyone. As far as I know, Jesus didn't say anything hateful towards gays. He said we should love our enemies.

You do realize you just defended same sex marriage and that couple being able to adopt, right?

Joseph may have married Mary but not until AFTER Jesus was born.

Keep Jesus out of this argument because he would NOT have sided with the Bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies