Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 01:10 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,333,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Legalising same-sex marriage is, essentially, the same as abolishing marriage completely - therefore it should be banned.

What do you say to this?
Anyone who believes this needs to take a class on logic and reason. That is what I think of this.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
yet more of your retarded logic.

Two daddies does not count as a proper upbringing.

No it doesn't you ****ing moron!

It is not the same thing.

The key element is missing - ie: the mother.
There are thousands of children who grow up without mothers and turn out fine. There are thousands of children who grow up without a father and turn out fine.

Two parents are ideal, regardless of gender. Both genders are not absolutely needed, neither are two parent. I don't need a study to tell me that a child raised by a single mom can and do turn out fine or that a child raised by a single father can and do turn out fine. If they can get by with one father or one mother, then two dads or two moms can't and aren't worse and studies do show this.

FYI: My logic that you claim is retarded... What you are essentially saying here is that my logic is held back. In reality, my logic advances everyday as I learn new things and my ability to understand them grows. Unlike you, who has not deviated once from your willful ignorance. You are good, you must practice such ignorance. Statistically and logically, you should have changed a bit, but nope... Your willfulness to remain ignorant stays the same. Impressive.

Last edited by raison_d'etre; 07-28-2012 at 01:42 AM..

Old 07-28-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
and the likelihood of this happening is how much?

or are you just throwing out pointless analogies again because you have nothing better to say?
Just doing as you do.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
A homosexual couple is more likely to promote and encourage the 'lifestyle' to their 'wished for' adopted children.

This is wrong as it will cause confused gender and sexual roles in the young.

another good reason for banning.
Ok, well lets say you have a child that is homosexual, if it is adopted by a heterosexual couple, that couple is more likely to promote and encourage their lifestyle to their wishes. It is also wrong as it can cause gender confusion and sexual roles....wait, gender confusion and sexual roles?

So you mean like who should be working and who should be cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the children?

Are you saying that women belong in the kitchen? Those are the only gender roles I know of.

I think we should ban Christianity as the bible teaches false history and false science, it can cause confusion of reality and how the world really works.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:46 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,850,877 times
I was thinking more along the lines of a child who was bisexual or had latent tendencies.

In this case, a homosexual couple as parents, would be far more likely to cause this child to steer towards the homosexual choice.

This is not right, because many adolescents take time to work out their correct hetero sexuality - so the last thing they need is to be pushed in the wrong direction, even if it only be subliminally.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of a child who was bisexual or had latent tendencies.

In this case, a homosexual couple as parents, would be far more likely to cause this child to steer towards the homosexual choice.

This is not right, because many adolescents take time to work out their correct hetero sexuality - so the last thing they need is to be pushed in the wrong direction, even if it only be subliminally.
You really don't understand how sexuality works do you? You don't understand homosexuality outside your little fantasy world, either do you?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,850,877 times
why do some men in confined spaces often have sex with each other?

this is due to the need for an outlet, and latent tendencies.

if children are brought up to think this is fine, then they are more likely to do it.

so we do not want to encourage it by allowing for s.s marriage and adoption.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:13 AM

717 posts, read 650,125 times
What a lot of rot!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,423,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I agree that Wikipedia, as every encyclopedia, it is only meant to be a starting point, a reference. It's not meant to replace textbooks.
I disagree however that it is not reputable, of all on-line and printed encyclopedias it is probably the most reputable one with the largest number of users and editors.
Wikipedia is not useless, far from that, but it has a specific use.

Anyways, don't ever claim Western civilization has any traditions of same-sex marriage because it is simply untrue. It's a gay urban legend
Wikipedia can be edited by ANYONE. Someone can write complete nonsense and lies and put in fake citations and it could be there for weeks before anyone else notices. (I know, I did it as a test)

If any Uni student ever used Wikipedia as a reference on an essay they would get a big FAIL.

Is that where you get your 'information' from? LOL!

Old 07-28-2012, 05:11 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,423,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Heres a writing from a Nun who was a mystic. Her writings were examined & reviewed for a few hundred years. It is believed out of this research involving many minds that some of her writings were the outcome of a communication from The Creator of this thing called the Universe and mans participation......( including some things some men decide would be a good idea.

Here is the writings concerning this subject and the Creator. Recall the popular Christian theme in the importance of example with children in many different ways..

Catherine in a trance writing down the words of God, and with witness:

"No, these wretches not only do not restrain their weakness; they make it worse by committing that cursed unnatural sin. As if they were blind and stupid, with the light of their understanding extinguished, they do not recognize what miserable filth they are wallowing in. The stench even reaches up to me, supreme Purity, and is so hateful to me that for this sin alone five cities were struck down by my divine judgment. For my divine justice could no longer tolerate it, so despicable to me is this abominable sin. The stench displeases not only me, as I have said, but the devils as well, those very devils these wretches have made their masters. It is not its sinfulness that displeases them, for they like nothing that is good. But because their nature is angelic, that nature still loathes the sight of that horrendous sin actually being committed. It is true that it was they (the devils) who shot the poisoned arrows of concupiscence, but when it comes to the sinful act itself they flee..."
You're joking.... aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies