Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 PM

717 posts, read 650,335 times

Advertisements

The Bible verse is in Matthew 19: 3-6

"Has a man a right to divorce his wife whenever he chooses?" 4 "Have you not read," He replied, "that He who made them 'Made them' from the beginning 'Male and female, 5 and said, for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two shall be one'? 6 Thus they are no longer two, but 'one'! What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." Matt 19:3-7 (WEY)

Nothing in these verses shows / says / implies that homosexuals cannot marry. Jesus is responding to a SPECIFIC question about a man and woman divorcing.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
actually there is. Sorry if science disagrees with your bigotry
Prove it, no opinion or theory, hard facts. Sorry you have no proof except of your stupidity.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
That is not a fact at all, it's your opinion, there is no proof anyone has ever been "born" a homosexual.
What do you think of the genetic ties to homosexuality? The quote below makes sense to me. My adopted brother is gay. We knew it when he was a kid. My other brother new first actually. When my adopted brother researched his birth family he found that he had a brother and an uncle that were also gay. Based on what I have been reading that's not a coincidence and none of it seems to involve opinion.
Quote:
there are two lines of evidence that homosexuality is influenced by polymorphic genes: (i) twin studies indicate that there are both genetic and environmental factors that contribute to the expression of the homosexual phenotype (Pillard & Bailey 1998; Bailey et al. 1999; Dawood et al. 2000), and (ii) male homosexuality appears to be inherited more frequently from the matriline (Pillard et al. 1981, 1982; Pattatucci 1998; Camperio-Ciani et al. 2004), suggesting the existence of polymorphic, heritable maternal effects and/or polymorphic X-linked genes influencing male homosexuality.
Genetic models of homosexuality: generating testable predictions

Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,851,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Fact of the matter is this, homosexuals are born in every generation, they are not a perversion of nature, they are natural.
They are natural in the sense of sterile worker bees.

Their function is not to reproduce (and hence look after children) but to aid in other ways.

Studies have shown that when there is a homosexual male in the family, one of the females (often cousin or niece) is more fertile.

So this is a fertility device.

The homo male being sacrificed to create an extra fertile woman - to aid evolution in its reproductive drive.

So, as others have said, the homosexual is a reproductively useless by-product.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:04 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,090,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
They are natural in the sense of sterile worker bees.

Their function is not to reproduce (and hence look after children) but to aid in other ways.

Studies have shown that when there is a homosexual male in the family, one of the females (often cousin or niece) is more fertile.

So this is a fertility device.

The homo male being sacrificed to create an extra fertile woman - to aid evolution in its reproductive drive.

So, as others have said, the homosexual is a reproductively useless by-product.

I guess that explains why your cousin has 14 children.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,090,131 times
Quote:
actually there is. Sorry if science disagrees with your bigotry

I guess it freaks them out think we ALL started out as GIRLS.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What do you think of the genetic ties to homosexuality? The quote below makes sense to me. My adopted brother is gay. We knew it when he was a kid. My other brother new first actually. When my adopted brother researched his birth family he found that he had a brother and an uncle that were also gay. Based on what I have been reading that's not a coincidence and none of it seems to involve opinion.
Genetic models of homosexuality: generating testable predictions
theory is not proof of anything, is there a test they can administer to a new born to determine it is a homosexual? No there is not so there is no proof anyone has ever been born Homosexual. It's not a insult it's just the true fact of the matter.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:13 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,289,198 times
Quote:
theory is not proof of anything, is there a test they can administer to a new born to determine it is a homosexual?
Can they administer a test to see how smart you will be when you are older?

Can they administer a test to see if you will be good at sports?

Can they administer a test to see if you are a music genius?

Can they administer a test to see if you will be a great artist?

Can they administer a test to see if you will excel at mathematics?

Can they administer a test to see if you will be a good computer programmer?

All of these are not known until when the child is older.

Quote:
No there is not so there is no proof anyone has ever been born Homosexual. It's not a insult it's just the true fact of the matter.
No this is your uneducated and bigoted opinion.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,256,773 times
Quote:
theory is not proof of anything, is there a test they can administer to a new born to determine it is a homosexual? No there is not so there is no proof anyone has ever been born Homosexual. It's not a insult it's just the true fact of the matter.
It's not a scientific theory. It's a statistical correlation, which is used as evidence. It shows a physiological component of sexual orientation. In that space it doesn't matter if there's a test for it. I suppose the various genes believed to be involved could be tested, but there's quite a bit of controversy surrounding that issue. If you google the gay gene you will see why. Oh, and you never answered my original question.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Can they administer a test to see how smart you will be when you are older?

Can they administer a test to see if you will be good at sports?

Can they administer a test to see if you are a music genius?

Can they administer a test to see if you will be a great artist?

Can they administer a test to see if you will excel at mathematics?

Can they administer a test to see if you will be a good computer programmer?

All of these are not known until when the child is older.

No this is your uneducated and bigoted opinion.
And that's your scientific proof LOL Ok I'm convinced .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies