Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times

Advertisements

This thread is one of two things:

1) The rantings of a sick pedophile who should be killed.
2) An anti-gay troll baiting people into admitting that his points are valid, after which he will reveal that if you support homosexuality you must by the same logic support pedophilia.

Edit: Haha, this thread moves fast. It's No. 2. OP, you couldn't even wait for anyone to agree with you, your anti-gay froth came bubbling out on the second page. Bravo

Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I'm not aware of legal scholars talking of the law as mere preference. Can you provide me a link? More common is the representation of the law from a positivist perspective (no appeal to morality) or a natural perspective (appeal to morality).

The law IS mere preference. Most legislation is rent-seeking. How can a law NOT be preference? In order for it to not be there has to be a moral.. And where do morals come from? I have never known a moral to exist except in the Bible or other forms of Deism.

Quote:
If you are comfortable making arguments on the Internet for a man raping a 12 year old, then our morals are VERY VERY different. Thanks God!
Who said anything about rape?

Quote:
Advocating the rape of a child to make a veiled argument about the relationship between two consenting adults who happen to be of the same sex? That is entirely f'd up!
Again, who said anything about rape?

Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Who are you to define for everyone else what "sexual orientation" is? Words mean things. Sexual orientation refers to the orientation of one's sexuality. If one's sexuality is oriented towards children, that's none of anyone else's business.
CAN YOU AT LEAST MARK YOUR RIDICULOUS ARGUMENT WITH A DISCLAIMER, SO THAT SOME PERVERT DOES NOT COME ALONG AND, UPON READING YOUR STATEMENT, THINK, "HEY, OTHER PEOPLE SEE IT LIKE I DO. I THINK I WILL HAVE SEX WITH THAT CHILD I'VE BEEN EYEING BUT DENYING MYSELF?"

By the way, you had better talk to your priest about what you are writing on the Internet. I can't imagine that what you are doing would be condoned by an ethical priest.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Law is preference....not moral code.

Why is it fair to deny a 12 year old that can make a conscious decision when they could be in LOVE.. Awwwwww

Because we all can't control who we LOVE. Right?
Law is supposed to be agreed upon contract by and for people. I agree it should not be confused with morality or condemnation. However, there are studies, research and documentation that addresses the "adult" and "child" issue.

As to love, most adults I could ague probably don't really know what "love" is, however that really isn't at issue here. We are talking about free will, the ability to make decisions and understand consequences as to not create harm.

Having sex and a relationship are different things. Not about being fair.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:34 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
This thread is one of two things:

1) The rantings of a sick pedophile who should be killed.
2) An anti-gay troll baiting people into admitting that his points are valid, after which he will reveal that if you support homosexuality you must by the same logic support pedophilia.

Edit: Haha, this thread moves fast. It's No. 2. OP, you couldn't even wait for anyone to agree with you, your anti-gay froth came bubbling out on the second page. Bravo
Because, the logic is totally consistent...

The only thing that is separating homosexuality between two consenting adults and a hetero (or homo) relationship between a consenting adult and a (legal) child is an arbitrary definition of what an adult/child is.

Basically a 14 year old can make a conscious decision of who they love and want to have sex with. But people have exercised their PREFERENCE to adopt laws preventing people from doing so.

Because it bothers THEM. No matter how much it may make two logical and rational people happy.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:35 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
A child doesn't have the life experience or mental capacity of an adult. Should children be allowed to join the military or be allowed to enter into contractual agreements? No because we acknowledge that they do not have the capacity to be responsible and that is why pedophillia is not acceptable. Also what about the physical danger to the child and how young is too young? People are using the age of 12 but there are many pedophiles who like 5 year olds. Adult sized genitals can damage a child sized sexual organ and cause permanent internal damage. There are children who have needed surgery to repair vaginas and anuses due to adult males forcing their genitals into children. Vile and disgusting.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:37 PM

170 posts, read 129,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Because, the logic is totally consistent...

The only thing that is separating homosexuality between two consenting adults and a hetero (or homo) relationship between a consenting adult and a (legal) child is an arbitrary definition of what an adult/child is.

Basically a 14 year old can make a conscious decision of who they love and want to have sex with. But people have exercised their PREFERENCE to adopt laws preventing people from doing so.

Because it bothers THEM. No matter how much it may make two logical and rational people happy.
A 14 year old can't. A 14 year old's brain is not fully developed. It is around the late teens (17ish) to early 20s (21ish) that a person is truly an adult.

Let's also remember that a 14 year old also relies on adults for things like food and shelter so pedophilia can easily be turned into manipulation.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Normalizing Pedophilia: Why Not?

It's sad that anybody could want to normalize Pedophilia, there are some sick people in this world and ho can anyone defend it.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK? View Post
The APA has found time and time and time and time again harm is caused.
You people tire me. The APA until very recently classified homosexuality as a mental disorder. They have a history of supporting sexual repression. What makes them the last word on anything?

Quote:
Typically pedophilia is from coercion or manipulation thus psychologically damaging the victim. No it's harmful because of manipulation and coercion.
Once again, you have ignored a central point: adults "manipulate" and "coerce" children all the time for their own good! Sex is good, is it not? So what's wrong with manipulating children in order to bring them something good?

Besides, very young children are capable of giving informed consent when it comes to simple, natural things like sex. Here in California we're teaching homosexuality in grade school. If an adult carefully explains all the facts to the child, and the child understands, why shouldn't the loving commence?

Quote:
Inter-generational sex in nature is usually not recurring and usually not a pair bonding activity. Pair bonds are usually formed with adults. In bonobos too there are reports of incest and pedophilia taboos more so than homosexual taboos.
Wow, you know a lot more about that than I was pretending to know. Scary.

I'm really leaving now. Cheers.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM

219 posts, read 658,259 times
*For the record, I'm not a pedo or a pro-NAMBLA guy or anything, the following is merely my thoughts*

Ah pedophiles, interesting cases, the last witches of the civilized world, you could argue.

It's funny when you think about it from a historical standpoint.

If we met the ancient Romans or Greeks, even the most wacked out sexually liberal people of the world would probably be taken back.

Massive orgies, man on man, girl on girl, sodomy, catamites, pederasty, grown men marrying 12 year-olds, nothing was off limits, lol.

Now (in 2012) were starting to get back into the whole "its ok to be gay" way of thinking, but pedophiles are among the most hated people in the world.

Ex.

HEADLINE: Man Accused of Taking Inappropriate Pictures of Young Girls at Waterpark

then you go down to the comments section and see stuff like:

"SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE!"

"Cut off his balls!"

"We should just shoot freaks like this, save the taxpayers money"

I'm not a pro-pedo guy, I think acting on it is wrong but, geeeez. Maybe we haven't changed as much as we thought from the good 'ole Witch hunting days?

So what are my thoughts?

Sexual relations with children will never be an acceptable thing again. I could see the consent age dropping in the future to like 14 or (if the poop really hits the fan) maybe 12? That might be a stretch, but who knows, there are some f'ed up people in the generations ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies