Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:03 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times

Advertisements

I'm simply disgusted by the ethnic Russians living in Ukraine who did their illegal referendum in Crimea and now want to separate two other regions from Ukraine. This is akin to illegal aliens and anchor babies attempting a referendum to rejoin Texas and California with Mexico.

The ethnic Russians have no business living in Ukraine in the first place. Most of them moved there during the Soviet days when the government in Moscow wanted to overwhelm and displace the Ukrainian people from their native lands to consolidate control in the region. When Ukraine became independent, these Russian colonists and their descendents should have been forced to swear an oath of loyalty to Ukraine as their new country or else been banned from living in Ukraine. Its terrible that Ukraine is powerless to stop this atrocity from happening. These ethnic Russians are shamelessly living on another people's land and basically trying to steal it from them. Ukraine belongs to the Ukrainian people and if these ethnic Russians can't be loyal to Ukraine they should go back to Russia.

And may the events in Ukraine be an example of what happens when a country has large numbers of people living in it that are not loyal to it. If we don't get illegal immigration under control here in America we may have serious issues down the road. We have so many Mexican illegals and their kids who do not consider themselves American and are even offended by the American flag as we saw from that Cinco de Mayo flag case in California. They consider themselves Mexicans first and are not loyal to the United States, and also refuse to learn English or assimilate into our culture.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,821 times
I'm more worried about the illegal imms walking down my street, actually.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:07 PM

241 posts, read 316,990 times
I didn't realize we had so many Stormfront members on this site.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:07 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm simply disgusted by the ethnic Russians living in Ukraine who did their illegal referendum in Crimea and now want to separate two other regions from Ukraine. This is akin to illegal aliens and anchor babies attempting a referendum to rejoin Texas and California with Mexico.
No, this is akin to deporting Tejanos from Texas. The people that are now called "ethnic Russians" have been living in eastern Ukraine for generations, long before there was a soviet republic called Ukraine, just like Tejanos in what's is called now Texas. Cultured mixed in the region all the time. You are proposing real-life ethnic cleansing, Comrade. Not nice. Not nice.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS14 View Post
Uh; I don't think Tom Lennox would be welcome on storm front since he ain't "white".

Russians in Ukraine: deportations could happen since the Dominican Republic stopped birthright for people living there after 1929 who came from Haiti. It'd be ugly either way.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:14 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS14 View Post
Didn't realize we had so many members on this site willing to flush their children's future down the toilet.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:14 PM

663 posts, read 504,080 times
Quote:
And may the events in Ukraine be an example of what happens when a country has large numbers of people living in it that are not loyal to it. If we don't get illegal immigration under control here in America we may have serious issues down the road. We have so many Mexican illegals and their kids who do not consider themselves American and are even offended by the American flag as we saw from that Cinco de Mayo flag case in California. They consider themselves Mexicans first and are not loyal to the United States, and also refuse to learn English or assimilate into our culture.
Who comes first, the chicken or the egg?

The illegal referendum was preceded by an illegal coup. Not that we have legal coups.

Actually I'm reminded of one.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
No, this is akin to deporting Tejanos from Texas. The people that are now called "ethnic Russians" have been living in eastern Ukraine for generations, long before there was a soviet republic called Ukraine, just like Tejanos in what's is called now Texas. Cultured mixed in the region all the time. You are proposing real-life ethnic cleansing, Comrade. Not nice. Not nice.
So I guess the ethnic Russians in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Latvia, and Belarus all have the right to rejoin Russia too? The Soviet Union was an empire of occupied lands, when the Russian government subjugated the Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Azeris, Tajiks and all the others that were placed into the Soviet Union.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:24 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,064 times
Again, those so called ethnic Russians have been living in eastern Ukraine for many generations and were often considered Russian speaking Ukrainians. They're not immigrants or foreigners. It's their land where they live. You see in this part of the world cultures were mixing all the time and there was never a pronounced divide where Russian ends and Ukraine starts. If Donieck or Kharkov is Ukrainian where are the Ukrainians living there?

Quote:
So I guess the ethnic Russians in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Latvia, and Belarus all have the right to rejoin Russia too? The Soviet Union was an empire of occupied lands, when the Russian government subjugated the Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Azeris, Tajiks and all the others that were placed into the Soviet Union.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:41 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
I don't think Ukraine should deport them and I definitely do not think Russia should take those lands away.

I think the best solution would be for Russia to encourage immigration of these ethnic Russians back to Russia. In Ukraines 2001 census there were 8 million Russians living in The Ukraine. A million of them are now gone with the loss of Crimea. That number has no doubt fallen further as Russia has increased immigration a lot in the past 8 years and was favoring ethnic Russians from its former colonies. Coupled with the fact that the Russian majority areas of Ukraine have the lowest birth rates and the highest death rates there could be as few as 4 million Russians left in the Ukraine.

Russia just needs to set up a large scale immigration system to bring them back to Russia. Let in 400,000 a year (a very modest number given Russia's large population) and then there will be no more Russians in Ukraine. If the two people can't get along then this is the best solution to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies