Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:05 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
In PFG Scandal, JPMorgan Chase Had Surprising Role: It Held Customer Accounts

When PFG bit the dust JP Morgan held the accounts, another 200 million disappears anybody see a connection anywhere.
Don't forget the funds which were shifted from MH Global to JP Morgan from clients segregated ccounts also. Yet, Jon Corzine continues to walk the streets as a free man.

http://www.businessinsider.com/did-d...inks-so-2012-6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I was reading where at the end of June Barcleys paid a 450 million dollar fine to the DOJ and Department and UK Financial Services Association for their part in "rigging" the rates. So they get a free pass apparently, pay a fine none of which comes from their pockets of course, and will escape the ramping up of criminal charges which will surely follow. Somebody will have to go down with the ship. It won't be Tax Cheat Timmy or any of the real crooks though. They are too high up or will buy their way out with others money and the game marches on.
Exactly. I have no idea what the actual numbers are but they may make like a 5 billion dollar profit and then get fined $450 million. A pretty good business if you ask me.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Don't forget the funds which were shifted from MH Global to JP Morgan from clients segregated ccounts also. Yet, Jon Corzine continues to walk the streets as a free man.

Did Dimon and JP Morgan Steal MF Global Funds? Whalen Thinks So. - Business Insider
I'm sure he's back fund raising.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,663 times
The Libor Interest Rate Rigging Scandal - A Black Swan? | Greg Hunter

Great description of how deep and dirty the Libor rigging is getting to be.

The Libor interest rate rigging scandal is being called the biggest financial fraud in history. Libor is a key interest rate that is used globally to set as much as $800 trillion in transactions. It is used to set interest rates for things such as credit cards, student loans, mortgages, corporate bonds and hundreds of trillions of dollars in derivatives.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Yeah what will be the next scandal uncovered? The gold folks think is sitting in these banks vaults has been stolen and sold who knows how many times or something along those lines. Hell the US treasury doesn't even know where our gold is.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
a thought to consider:

The LIBOR scandal is "so big I don't think people have got their minds around it," says Jim Rickards,"This is the largest financial scandal I've seen in my career."

Rickards boldly claims Geithner could face "criminal liability" for failing to refer LIBOR manipulation to the Justice Department or FBI. "A fraud is a crime," he continues. "You can't witness a crime and not call the cops. Geithner might be guilty of aiding and abetting a crime."

Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah what will be the next scandal uncovered? The gold folks think is sitting in these banks vaults has been stolen and sold who knows how many times or something along those lines. Hell the US treasury doesn't even know where our gold is.
This is a serious question. Do those who "invest" in gold where they do not actually take possession of the gold really think they are buying gold?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
I think many do. They will be in for a shock if they ever try and gain physical possession of that gold I think. I'll have to try and find the clip of Paul questioning the guys from the treasury about where the gold is and they basically didn't know. We've been sold out a long time ago I think.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:05 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Considering how few people (read "none") were held accountable for the Housing Bubble and all the crime involved in that, I have doubts anyone will be held accountable for the latest and greatest scam created by the worthless banking elite. I mean, they basically own the nation, so I just can't see anything being done to them.

Did Turbo-Tax cause Geithner to screw up the Libor rates? Or does he only get to use that excuse once to get off the hook?

No surprise Paulson is mentioned, too. That guy is also a huge crook - anyone who remembers the "holding the economy hostage" scam he pulled back in late 2008 to get first Bailout passed can attest to that.

Maybe as nation we should stop letting connected bankers from huge, staggerly corrupt banks control our money...

Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
I think many do. They will be in for a shock if they ever try and gain physical possession of that gold I think. I'll have to try and find the clip of Paul questioning the guys from the treasury about where the gold is and they basically didn't know. We've been sold out a long time ago I think.
"Dude, where's my Gold ? "

Venezuela, Germany and Switzerland have asked the US to return their gold.
I only know that we gave Venezuela their gold back end of January 2012.
Don't know what happened with Switzerland/Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies