Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudity...artistic or sensual?
Yes I can view an attractive nude and only appreciate it artistically. 38 70.37%
No I can't separate attractive nudity from sensuality or sexuality. 10 18.52%
I don't know. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 PM

313 posts, read 726,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandmich View Post
I have been debating with another member on this forum concerning nudity and how it is perceived and understood in actual society.

My question to you is.....

Can you or anyone you know (male, female or other) separate attractive nudity from sensuality or sexuality? In other words can you or anyone you know look at an attractive nude person and not have any .... feelings other than artistic appreciation?
I've noticed that several forum members assumed I meant nudes in art or misunderstood the setting. I meant...butt naked right in front of you. And not in an art class. And the nude has to be attractive and of the gender you are attracted too. Not grandma Moses or your old boss. More like Jennifer Lopez at the beach suddenly taking off her clothes in front of you. Or Brad Pitt stripping in front of you while cleaning the pool.

I think that's clear enough.

Thanks,

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 PM

37,501 posts, read 61,508,206 times
Quote:
I've noticed that several forum members assumed I meant nudes in art or misunderstood the setting. I meant...butt naked right in front of you. And not in an art class. And the nude has to be attractive and of the gender you are attracted too. Not grandma Moses or your old boss. More like Jennifer Lopez at the beach suddenly taking off her clothes in front of you. Or Brad Pitt stripping in front of you while cleaning the pool.

Thanks,

Joe
"... not in an art class..."
"... nude ..."
"... attractive ..."
"... [appropriate] gender you are attracted to..."
"... like Jennifer Lopez / Brad Pitt ... suddenly taking off ... clothes ... stripping in front of you ..."

I assume that you mean a person not already in a 'committed' long-term relationship with me.

I do not remember ever being faced with such a circumstance in my life.

I do not think that I would be able to "separate attractive nudity from sensuality". My Dw on the other hand, can easily look at an attractive nude and not have any feelings about it at all.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,700,650 times
The human body , properly lit, can be so amazingly beautiful it's amazing!!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
The human body , properly lit, can be so amazingly beautiful it's amazing!!
I think we look kinda weird. I'm often turned on by women I wouldnt consider aesthetically beautiful.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,024,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think we look kinda weird. I'm often turned on by women I wouldnt consider aesthetically beautiful.
Maybe it's a natural appreciation.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:

Thanks,

Joe
Other than if you were a doctor, in what circumstances would a person of your preferred gender be naked in front of you, and it's not a sexual situation? The entire premise is odd.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,023 times
The question is moot. Arousal is a legitimate reaction to art.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
Nah I don't get excited for naked art.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:01 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,700,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The "wierd" in your post is............YOU!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:10 PM

885 posts, read 1,883,716 times
def cannot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies