Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudity...artistic or sensual?
Yes I can view an attractive nude and only appreciate it artistically. 38 70.37%
No I can't separate attractive nudity from sensuality or sexuality. 10 18.52%
I don't know. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:09 PM

313 posts, read 726,165 times

Advertisements

I have been debating with another member on this forum concerning nudity and how it is perceived and understood in actual society.

My question to you is.....

Can you or anyone you know (male, female or other) separate attractive nudity from sensuality or sexuality? In other words can you or anyone you know look at an attractive nude person and not have any .... feelings other than artistic appreciation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,191,355 times
I am voting "don't know". Will have to do a detailed study with many examples before deciding.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 PM

13 posts, read 27,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
I am voting "don't know". Will have to do a detailed study with many examples before deciding.

Yea I agree so we need pics to perform this study!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Yea because I think Michaelangelo's David is a masterpiece of art but I do not want to bone him as i am not homosexual. If it's a pretty girl I do get turned on though, Playboy photography sometimes is artistic and I get turned on by that.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,053,813 times
At my age, I often look at sexually attractive young women the way I look at an ocean or a mountain: I'm in awe of the sheer beauty and majesty of what I see, but I have neither the audacity nor the energy to think about swimming across that ocean or climbing that mountain.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
I think we've been conditioned to associate nudity with sex, so I'd say yes, I find it hard to separate, although I can occasionally. Sometimes I can find a nude not all that artistic but still be turned on by it.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandmich View Post
I have been debating with another member on this forum concerning nudity and how it is perceived and understood in actual society.

Can you or anyone you know (male, female or other) separate attractive nudity from sensuality or sexuality? In other words can you or anyone you know look at an attractive nude person and not have any .... feelings other than artistic appreciation?
NO!!

I'm not sorry for my chubby either!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:28 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
As a female may answer may be different. I can look at any attractive male (nude or otherwise) and not be attracted - there's more to attraction than that for me. I can look at an attractive male and admire him from an intellectual mode, whether it is artistic or aesthetic.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandmich View Post

Sure, in a life drawings class or in the morgue.
Yeah we are talking about our natural state, but since Adam ate that apple we have a puritanical attitude about not wearing clothing.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 AM

46 posts, read 79,894 times
Either, does it really matter?
Art evokes feelings, emotions.
Art is subjective.

Wait.... Is someone wankN off to fine art?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies