Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 AM

99 posts, read 68,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Anita received a call from someone at the White House around 10:30 AM Friday morning…”Are you the Mrs. Ross who called about the flags?”

She replied, “Yes.”

“Well, the President has ordered the flags flown at half mast…we just wanted to let you know. WE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT…THANK YOU FOR MAKING US AWARE OF IT!”

Obama didn't speak until 1:54 PM

sorry, you lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Priorities.

Within hours Barack Obama ordered flags to be flown at half mast yesterday following the horrible theater shootings in Aurora, Colorado. But when 14 military men and women were murdered by a fundamentalist Islamist at Fort Hood Obama had to be pressured to lower flags.

Maggies Notebook reported, via Free Republic:

When 14 persons (one unborn), most of them military personnel on the base at Ft. Hood, Texas, were murdered by Islamic terrorist and U.S. Military Colonel Nidal Hasan, America’s flags were not lowered to half mast until the next day. Today, by at least 2:30 pm EDT, the order came down from on high to lower our flags in a sign of mourning for the victims of today’s shootings inside an Aurora Colorado movie theatre showing the much awaited Batman: The Dark Knight Rises…

…In the case of Ft. Hood, Obama had to be bullied into the national gesture of mourning by Texas patriot, Anita Ross
You know I think there is something sick and twisted about someone such as yourself trying to make political points out of the tragedies...That would apply even if you hadn't lied about it.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:16 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
Half-Staff | The White House

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. I want to begin by offering an update on the tragedy that took place yesterday at Fort Hood.

This morning I met with FBI Director Mueller and the relevant agencies to discuss their ongoing investigation into what caused one individual to turn his gun on fellow servicemen and women. We don't know all the answers yet and I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts.

What we do know is that there are families, friends and an entire nation grieving right now for the valiant men and women who came under attack yesterday in one of the worst mass shootings ever to take place on an American military base. So from now until Veterans Day I've ordered the flags at the White House and other federal buildings to be flown at half-staff.
Oops, looks like the OP was caught in a lie. Do you think he/she will come back now and apologize for falsely smearing the President?

Neither do I.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:21 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oops, looks like the OP was caught in a lie. Do you think he/she will come back now and apologize for falsely smearing the President?

Neither do I.

I'm right here and there's been no lie at all.

The President was shamed into announcing that at 1:54 PM after Mrs. Ross succeeded in forcing him to announce it at 10:30 AM.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know I think there is something sick and twisted about someone such as yourself trying to make political points out of the tragedies.

You mean like the Obamabots that shouted 4 more years after the President called for a moment of silence?

Or like the LMSM that immediately tried to blame it on a Tea Partier?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
/thread

Half-Staff | The White House

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. I want to begin by offering an update on the tragedy that took place yesterday at Fort Hood.

This morning I met with FBI Director Mueller and the relevant agencies to discuss their ongoing investigation into what caused one individual to turn his gun on fellow servicemen and women. We don't know all the answers yet and I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts.

What we do know is that there are families, friends and an entire nation grieving right now for the valiant men and women who came under attack yesterday in one of the worst mass shootings ever to take place on an American military base. So from now until Veterans Day I've ordered the flags at the White House and other federal buildings to be flown at half-staff.
Great find to you. Another posting from wingnut land debunked..Don't expect them to own up to their lie, however, as they'll just move in search of another lie they can create. I wonder how that birther thing's working out for them?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:26 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
most ironic considering his own body count as prez (and yet the well trained masses will ignore this fact)

he should have a cell next to Holmes
agreed..! He and his butt buddy Holder have killed many more people than Holmes.
obama went to Aurora to celebrate offing a bunch more whites.
A totally disgusting human being.
Remember, "Never let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste!!" He is back in full campaign mode anter taking Friday off to play golf..

Old 07-22-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'll give credit where it is due.... He got this right... They should be at half staff...I have now given him credit twice. Once for the Bin Laden killing and now this..... That is the extent of his accomplishments during the tenure of his stay in the white house.
He had very, very little to do with Bin Laden... They called him in from the golf course for the photo op...
.. What a total loser

Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
obama went to Aurora to celebrate offing a bunch more whites.
A totally disgusting human being.
Well, somebody has proven themselves to be a disgusting human being with this post, that's for certain.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know I think there is something sick and twisted about someone such as yourself trying to make political points out of the tragedies...That would apply even if you hadn't lied about it.
It's the slimy one, obama, who is trying to make political points from a tragedy... The man has no soul..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies