Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I"ve taken Vicodin too. Makes you feel good. I would think the biggest crime for someone on Vicodin would be burglary, etc, to get money for more Vicodin. I think we need to wait until something comes out from an "Official" source before we assume he was a drug crazed person.
Who said he was "crazed"? Won't that be determined in a court of law from psychiatric evaluations? Are people not able to abuse drugs without being "crazed"; or is that just not you personal experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 05:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
he's good at making stuff up..
Cuxan, on the other thread I gave you dozens of links to medical studies from different sources and different countries, proving that marijuana can cause serious mental problems. The studies also proved that 10% of ALL mental illness in US is tied to majijuana use. That is a big number considering the fact that only a small percentage of people are regular pot users, yet they make up 10% of all mental cases.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In that case I suppose we are in agreement that controlled substanced need to remain controlled.
I regretably have to take the opposite position. I believe all drugs should be legalized to take the profit (and "cool") out of drugs. It's an ugly choice, but it's the only choice. Some foolish people will destroy themselves, just as some do on alcohol, but we will finaly end this horrible period in American history. It's the only way.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:56 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,750 times
Anything to shift the attention away from the guns. Mandatory random drug screens for all firearm owners is what you need.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Anything to shift the attention away from the guns. Mandatory random drug screens for all firearm owners is what you need.
True!

The other thing, and I can't stress this enough, is training.

When I got my CCP, the training was pretty much:

This is your gun

This is the trigger

Point it THAT way --->.

I already knew that!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:30 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,872,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Fact= The pharmaceutical industry cannot profit from marijuana being legalized.

Additional fact= The pharmaceutical industry will lose money if marijuana is legalized.

Western medicine is horrific for preventive medicine and corrupt for overprescribing . It is a heartless and corrupt system that uhurts the naive. I've never taken prescription meds in my adult life. Most cures for common ailments can be found through natural means.

I have plenty of beefs with the pharmaceutical industry and I believe marijuana needs (not "should") to be legalized, but this post is asinine.

Western medicine is "horrific for preventive medicine"? When is last time you got malaria or typhus or smallpox or polio or cholera or bubonic plague? You can thank Western medicine because that is the most likely reason why you are still alive.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Who said he was "crazed"? Won't that be determined in a court of law from psychiatric evaluations? Are people not able to abuse drugs without being "crazed"; or is that just not you personal experience?
You don't think what Holmes did was crazy? You see a lot of these theater shootings out your way? I see you haven't given up on your personal attacks, either. Stay classy there, MO.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is the source:

There are "unconfirmed reports. "

I.e. no source at all.
^ this right here.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I have taken Vicodin for the pain related to various muscle pulls and joint sprains etc. I have never felt anything but the relief of the pain. I have been injected with Morphine for pain. All I felt was pain relief and the associated mild relaxation.

How do people get addicted to this stuff? How much do they have to take? Why bother?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
So how come Heath Ledger didn't kill a bunch of people?

Here are some Vicodin addicts. Which ones are mass murderers?

Jamie Lee Curtis
Matthew Perry
Eminem
Nicole Richie
Brett Favre
Walter Payton

Famous Vicodin Addicts: List of Celebrities Hooked on Vicodin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies