Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,736,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Griffin is an attention ***** and a pig who's slop trough is filled by the popular culture's disgust reflex.

We would all forget about her if she ever stopped attacking that which is good and decent.
Sounds like Rush Limbaugh.

Given the things that right-wing radio show hosts say about Democrats and liberals, I'm surprised that conservatives are so quick to criticize Kathy Griffin for her comments. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I really don't care what Kathy Griffin says. It may be vulgar, but it's free speech, and I support it.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 PM

957 posts, read 760,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Levin has never been vile as this, towards anyone. Especially someone innocent and young. Its one thing to go after adults who have said and done things, its another to hide behind "comedy" to say the most hateful and despicable things you can think of, especially at a younger person.

Why is it the most immature and vile ones, are liberals? and I never liked people being excused for this crap just because they call themselves a comedian. That is cowardly.
Kinda like Rush Limbaugh calling Amy Carter the most unattractive presidential daughter in history & calling Chelsea Clinton "The White House Dog" when she was 13 and saying President Obama should take his daughters to the airport & let TSA grope them. Then to sit behind his microphone and call Sandra Fluke a **** & a prostitute. And this is the guy the Republicans made an honorary member of the House in 94.
Yes, he's a coward & you righties continually listen to his diatribe as congressional members from your party kiss his ring. You guys are pathetic.

24,813 posts, read 24,456,917 times
I'm not a fan of her comedy, but she is a comedian.

Dennis Miller says inflammatory crap on the factor, but he's a comedian.

Was she on a news show though.

14,916 posts, read 13,135,496 times
Quote:
Why is it the most immature and vile ones, are liberals?
Ann Coulter's a liberal?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,627,487 times
Quote:
I saw someone explained it to you already, but ill try again. She was even younger when she said that. Kids, teens say things and talk in certain ways sometimes. Get over it.

And really, what is so offensive about the word fg? People can say btch and anything else they chose for the most part. Oh, i forgot, we can't say anything anymore that might offend gays.

Anyways, she was and still is a TEENAGER. How hard is that to understand?
Leave it to social conservatives to explain away bad behavior. Calling someone a f@ggot, B*t@h, whatever kind of slur or curse word is always wrong. Just because people do it, doesn't make it right. Honestly!

What Griffin did was wrong, but to be expected as she is a comedian and she goes after people in the entertainment industry, and the Palins are in the entertainment industry. Frankly I question the morals of anyone who allows their children to be on reality TV, as they will inevitably be subjected to ridicule. But that's me.

(Oh, and I exempt the Duggards from the reality TV thing.)

Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,525,560 times
I'm completely ok with it. It's called "free speech".

Old 07-28-2012, 09:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,980,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Trust me in a hardcore Catholic school, you didn't hear people saying slurs. Maybe that stuff went on in the boy's bathroom in grade school, but if it did, they certainly knew better than to say such a thing publicly.
Guess some of us endure the hardcore facts of public school where kids are not sheltered from reality and call each other that and worse.

Why is it only a few of you that don't appear to be gay are the ones having the most fit about this...........

Quote:
"Babies and teenagers"? That's a grouping now? 16 is the age of consent in Alaska. Pretty much an adult then, wouldn't you say? And the fact is is that both of these people are on TV, which makes them way more alike than different.
Yeah, in another thread you and others were concerned about Tripp Palin.........the difference is Willow is still a teenager, while Griffin is an aging comedian that apparently is having a hard time being an adult and keeping kids off her radar.

Wh*re in the making, Griffin probably hasn't been laid in years and jealousy is getting the best of her.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Levin has never been vile as this, towards anyone. Especially someone innocent and young. Its one thing to go after adults who have said and done things, its another to hide behind "comedy" to say the most hateful and despicable things you can think of, especially at a younger person.
You mean like when Rush Limbaugh compared Chelsea Clinton to a dog on national television as part of his "comedy" routine?

FLASHBACK: When Rush Limbaugh's Hate Was Televised | Blog | Media Matters for America

Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 PM

10,043 posts, read 9,552,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If she's anything like her mother and sister she's wettin' her pants over having her name mentioned for any reason.

"""a teenager not even legally old enough to buy beer, cigarettes or even cover charge to get into a bar. """

didn't stop her sister
At least we know where your mind is....

Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Why is it the most immature and vile ones, are liberals? and I never liked people being excused for this crap just because they call themselves a comedian. That is cowardly.
Oh yeah. Real maturity here - and her defenders say it's just a joke:

Ann Coulter Calls Al Gore a "***" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies