Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,379,451 times

Advertisements

Pres. Obama can blame Bush all he wants for the recession he inherited, but the recovery is all on his watch. Latest numbers show a very weak recovery and that started in the summer of 2009 with Obama.
His policies have failed.

Current Recovery Second Slowest Postwar Rebound - Real Time Economics - WSJ

FTA:
From the second quarter of 2009, when the recession ended, through 2011, the economy grew a total of 5.8%, a downward revision from a 6.2% gain, the recasting of the past three years’ gross domestic product figures found. Only the brief 4-quarter recovery in 1980 and 1981, when the economy grew a total of 4.4%, was weaker in the past 60 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 02:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
But isn't a recovery better then recession?

A bad recovery is still better then what we had in 2008.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I guess it depends if you view it as a recovery.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess it depends if you view it as a recovery.
GDP is growing, unemployment is dropping, I'm doing well personally.

Now, do I like what this President has done on a great many things? No. Do I think he has done a good job? No. But a recovery is better then what we had in 2008, any way you shake a stick at it.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But isn't a recovery better then recession?

A bad recovery is still better then what we had in 2008.
With all the printing of money, bailouts, TARP, and corporate and social welfare and outright manipulation required to actually produce this wimpy little uptick, it speaks volumes regarding the epic failure of this administration. I don't know what has happened in this country... We seem to accept and even defend mediocrity, and pat each other on the backs for modest efforts and results. This is not how you become #1, that's for sure.

Oblama and his administration should be ashamed of themselves. They have wasted 4 years that should have been handled by people more qualified for the job. Instead, we got an administration with NO accountability. They have put more effort into pointing their stupid fingers instead of demanding more from themselves. Such a failure and lack of results can only be described as CRIMINAL. Since the American people themselves no longer demand results, there is really no incentive anymore to produce those results.

This administration is nothing short of embracing. I hope the American people enjoy the rest of the world pointing their fingers and laughing...

Old 07-29-2012, 02:34 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
GDP is growing, unemployment is dropping, I'm doing well personally.

Now, do I like what this President has done on a great many things? No. Do I think he has done a good job? No. But a recovery is better then what we had in 2008, any way you shake a stick at it.
We basically hit the bottom and caught a very weak bounce. Nothing to get worked up about or attribute to this disgraceful administration. The fact that these buffoons actually attribute a dead cat bounce to their own actions and policies speaks volumes regarding their lack of qualification, and their lack of dignity.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
1929 through 1934 was thought to have been a recovery as well.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Oblama and his administration should be ashamed of themselves. They have wasted 4 years that should have been handled by people more qualified for the job. Instead, we got an administration with NO accountability. ...
I fully agree, and the knee jerk left wing "Have BHO's back at all times types" sadly lead me to question WHY, not IF, they hold him to a lower standard.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
We basically hit the bottom and caught a very weak bounce. Nothing to get worked up about or attribute to this disgraceful administration. The fact that these buffoons actually attribute a dead cat bounce to their own actions and policies speaks volumes regarding their lack of qualification, and their lack of dignity.
Ok, but is it not still better then it was in 2008?

Simple question, with a yes or no answer.

All the economic indicators are much better now then they were then. Did we need the government telling people they have to buy something? No. Did we need stimulus that didn't stimulate? No.

But the economy is still better now, then in 2008. Could have been a lot better, I'm not arguing that. But Republicans seem ready to do away with everything thats happend over the last 4 years, and go back to 2008.

Hell I'm not voting for Romney or Obama, both morons, but its still a simple truth, a recovery is better then a recession, even if its the second weakest recovery in history.

Its like a President trying to say "well its only the second worst recession in history" as a means to justify that. Still a recession.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Quote:
We basically hit the bottom and caught a very weak bounce. Nothing to get worked up about or attribute to this disgraceful administration. .
This admin reminds me of Ted Baxter gloating he got WJM's sole hit in a softball game, to which Lou replies, "I hardly think they expected a bunt with us down 26-0 in the ninth".

That is about the size of our recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies