Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,531,712 times

Advertisements

Romney's nomination, until he releases his tax returns there?
I mean, your votes have been suppressed and your delegates have been DQ'd, often for stupid, small reasons, by your own party, why not disrupt the convention and refuse to "crown the king" until he releases them?
Unless you really hate Obama that much, that you'll just let Romney get the nod in spite of the way your party has treated you and your candidate this year?
Clinton supporters, in 2008, where treated like Queens, compared to the way Paul supporters have been treated by the GOP in 2012.
I'm not a big Ron Paul fan, but, if he actually does this and for some reason, even if he's 80, runs in 2016, I may just campaign for him.
Ron Paul supporters, prefered for responses please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 01:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I mean, your votes have been suppressed and your delegates have been DQ'd, often for stupid, small reasons, by your own party, why not disrupt the convention and refuse to "crown the king" until he releases them?
Unless you really hate Obama that much, that you'll just let Romney get the nod in spite of the way your party has treated you and your candidate this year?
Clinton supporters, in 2008, where treated like Queens, compared to the way Paul supporters have been treated by the GOP in 2012.
I'm not a big Ron Paul fan, but, if he actually does this and for some reason, even if he's 80, runs in 2016, I may just campaign for him.
Ron Paul supporters, prefered for responses please.

I'm going as a Romney delegate. I have no intention of voting for Romney in Tampa.
No one wanted to be a Romney Delegate at the state convention. The one they have yet to announce a delegate count from. Ted Cruz, says it all.... where I come from.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:19 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Is Ted Cruz running for the Presidency?
I fail to see any connection with Cruz and either Romney or Paul. The last I heard, Cruz stabbed Paul in the back.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
The messages of ending pre-emptive wars, sound monetary system, and individual liberty through small Constitutional federal government are more important to voice at the Convention than getting into a p-match about Romney's tax returns.

If anything was done to "hold up the Convention" is should be about the stealing of the primary votes from polling places and all the cr*p that went on to harm Ron Paul's campaign by the GOP powers that be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I fail to see any connection with Cruz and either Romney or Paul. The last I heard, Cruz stabbed Paul in the back.
Both Ron & Rand Paul gave Cruz their endorsement long before Cruz refused to endorse Ron Paul.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The messages of ending pre-emptive wars, sound monetary system, and individual liberty through small Constitutional federal government are more important to voice at the Convention than getting into a p-match about Romney's tax returns.

If anything was done to "hold up the Convention" is should be about the stealing of the primary votes from polling places and all the cr*p that went on to harm Ron Paul's campaign by the GOP powers that be.

Since this went on, well, even if it means bringing up the tax returns to derail Romney, to give Paul his rightful share of delegates, is that a bad thing?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The great big State of Texas, banjo.

Cruz did endorse Ron Paul, on the Texas State Capitol steps, during the tea party rally right before the Primary straw poll./\

Old 08-03-2012, 04:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Since this went on, well, even if it means bringing up the tax returns to derail Romney, to give Paul his rightful share of delegates, is that a bad thing?
Is that good for the country? Will that give Paul the nomination?

Or are you really for giving Obama a leg up any way you possibly can? I'm sure he'd appreciate it. He needs the help.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
The Grand Shi Strategy of Ron Paul - Forbes

Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Is that good for the country? Will that give Paul the nomination?

Or are you really for giving Obama a leg up any way you possibly can? I'm sure he'd appreciate it. He needs the help.
What's wrong with a party holding it's nominee responsible?
If this was Obama, in 2008, doing this, you can bet the Clinton's would have done the same thing.
Seeing how Romney is even more hated (per one poll) than Palin is, well, yes, it's good for the country.

http://www.politicususa.com/mitt-rom...olitician.html

Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,627 times
Us Ron Paul supporters weren't all about him just getting the nomination anyway. It's about more than that. Not just which politician gets a term. Honestly, it will take more than four years to straighten out everything, even if Paul were elected. He was the best shot the country had to get back on the right track. Oh well. I will always be supporting Ron Paul though.

And, what would basically smearing Romney at the convention do? Uh, yeah, nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies