Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which online news sites/sources do you read on a regular basis? Check all that apply...
Breitbart sites 9 18.00%
Daily Caller 8 16.00%
Drudge Report 24 48.00%
FOXNews/FOXNation 26 52.00%
FreeRepublic 3 6.00%
Glenn Beck 9 18.00%
HotAir 3 6.00%
National Review 10 20.00%
NewsMax 5 10.00%
TownHall 6 12.00%
RealClearPolitics 8 16.00%
Wall Street Journal 15 30.00%
Weekly Standard 6 12.00%
WorldNet Daily 1 2.00%
Other news sites (WTimes, NY Post etc.) 20 40.00%
Other blogs 10 20.00%
None of the above 8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 12:45 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,071,354 times

Advertisements

I do get news from forum and blogs I follow.

Also, Wall Street Journal, Economist, Zerohedge, Aftenposten and Dagens Næringsliv. Pluss whatever I may find at google news search.

And I do get some news from The Daily Show. He is a pretty funny guy, even though I don't always agree with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 01:02 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
There is no "news". Just new manufactured crises. I mean, really. Chick-Fil-A? Give me a break.

No conservative sites for me. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I mostly stick to Slate, Vice, and Buzzfeed. I like to see what my kids are reading. Keeps the mind young; keeps me appraised of the liberal mindset. The left's lies are much more entertaining than the right's, if only because of their truly spectacular hypocrisy (gee, they hate people who hate) and the deadly conformity of their voices, not unlike a school of tropical clownfish, able to change direction on command.

Heck, I know what the neo-progs on C-D are going to be bleating about next before they do...

Last edited by Yeledaf; 08-04-2012 at 01:19 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 01:35 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
In this order:

RedState (not on your list)
Washington Times
The Hill
Daily Caller
Drudge Report
Rush Limbaugh: If I'm in the car or near my PC when his show is on
Glenn Beck
Cavuto (FoxNews)
Fox News e-mail (comes late)

I also get e-mail alerts on political subjects of interest from Google. Those are links to stories in assorted newspapers around the US, not just conservative ones. That's also where my state and local news come from. Some alerts are links to stories in Tennessee news media web pages.

Townhall: Only occasionally - they have fallen out of favor with me because of how they handled the GOP primary.

I watch The Five but I already know what they discuss by the time they are on the air. That's more entertaining than informative.

You know, a lot of where I get it has to do with when I read the news. RedState is in my e-mail inbox as soon as I wake up so that's the first place I go. Glenn Beck's e-mail doesn't arrive until around 4PM. Breitbart comes around 1PM. Daily Caller comes later in the morning after I've already read RedState, Washington Times, Drudge Report and The Hill. I'm retired. If I was still in the workforce I'd probably rely more on TV news later in the day after I got home.

I don't turn my TV on until 4PM so Cavuto is lower down on the list. He gives me the business perspective I might not get during the day so his information is more unique.

By the time 6PM rolls around, the TV is just repeating stuff I already know from Internet sources so I rely less on TV news unless something is happening live at that time.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:57 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
The absolute best raw news site is News Now out of the UK. When I have them up and am keeping track - I would beat Drudge posting the news.

And it's worldwide - where else can you find news like this?

Obama’s grandmother HOSPITALISED This is from the Kenyan Post.

Other than NewsNow - I have a list of news and economic blog sources along with news outfits already mentioned, sprinkled in with some government sites - Bureau of Labor editor's Desk, Census, DoD.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:04 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In this order:

RedState (not on your list)
Washington Times
The Hill
Daily Caller
Drudge Report
Rush Limbaugh: If I'm in the car or near my PC when his show is on
Glenn Beck
Cavuto (FoxNews)
Fox News e-mail (comes late)

I also get e-mail alerts on political subjects of interest from Google. Those are links to stories in assorted newspapers around the US, not just conservative ones. That's also where my state and local news come from. Some alerts are links to stories in Tennessee news media web pages.

Townhall: Only occasionally - they have fallen out of favor with me because of how they handled the GOP primary.

I watch The Five but I already know what they discuss by the time they are on the air. That's more entertaining than informative.

You know, a lot of where I get it has to do with when I read the news. RedState is in my e-mail inbox as soon as I wake up so that's the first place I go. Glenn Beck's e-mail doesn't arrive until around 4PM. Breitbart comes around 1PM. Daily Caller comes later in the morning after I've already read RedState, Washington Times, Drudge Report and The Hill. I'm retired. If I was still in the workforce I'd probably rely more on TV news later in the day after I got home.

I don't turn my TV on until 4PM so Cavuto is lower down on the list. He gives me the business perspective I might not get during the day so his information is more unique.

By the time 6PM rolls around, the TV is just repeating stuff I already know from Internet sources so I rely less on TV news unless something is happening live at that time.
Want confirmation? Is this the correct RedState Conservative Blog & Conservative News Source for Right of Center Activists | RedState

Old 08-04-2012, 02:09 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
RT and BBC for this conservative.

Fox News sucks!
Fox News RULES!

Remember what cable news was like before Fox News? Enough said!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45
I go to the town wizard and get a hole drilled in my head.
Ah man!!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:20 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, and the internet. Local newspaper.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, and the internet. Local newspaper.
And from what church did you say you get your news?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC ............... Local newspaper.
This must be a joke...

Most UNRELIABLE PLACES TO GET ACCURATE NEWS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies