Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Nice spin but that is the Democrat controlled Senate under Harry Reid pushing for across the board tax hikes. The GOP controlled US House bipartisanly passed a bill for extension of the current Obama signed tax rates for all.
It is not spin. Read the OP. The GOP is rejecting cuts for 97% of people, and they say they'd rather hike the tax for everyone than keep cuts for 97%. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I can't say that "Americans are selfish" but I can say that Human beings want "fair"
An attempt at "fairness" would be a flat tax. Everyone pays the same rate in direct proportion to their income. Earn very little; pay very little. Earn A LOT; pay A LOT. The rich will STILL be paying WAY more in taxes than those who have less income.

Complete "fairness" would be a head tax in which the costs of the government are divided equally among everyone and everyone pays the same amount in tax.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I agree, a tax cut for all or a tax cut for non. Non of this divisiveness, those who disagree sound poretty selfish. We are all Americans...
Graham was right to be upset about these short term changes to our tax codes. One of the things we need in our economy is some stability, but this president and his admin excel at doing their utmost to destabilize our economy, and keep everyone on edge, wondering what new bad federal laws, mandates and regulations will be around the corner to torment them.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
It is time to throw out the current tax code in its entirety and thus take away this political football from legislators once and for all.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
This is one of those rare moments when I agree with Lindsay Graham. The tax cuts haven't worked to effectively stimulate the economy and should probably be repealed.

Remember when Senator Graham was one of the most conservative members of the Senate? Those good times seem like a lifetime ago these days.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
This is one of those rare moments when I agree with Lindsay Graham. The tax cuts haven't worked to effectively stimulate the economy and should probably be repealed.

Remember when Senator Graham was one of the most conservative members of the Senate? Those good times seem like a lifetime ago these days.
The reason they have been less effective is because the US Senate has been unwilling to pass any major spending cuts and pass much less live within a budget.

Stop the effing spending! Frankly stated, there is not a single US Senator who should receive pay or benefits for the 1200+ days they have failed to pass a budget.

Why should US taxpayers send more money to a government which has proven to mismanage those tax dollars received and not only overspend but borrow because it is unwilling to live within its means?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not spin. Read the OP. The GOP is rejecting cuts for 97% of people, and they say they'd rather hike the tax for everyone than keep cuts for 97%. It is what it is.
I am one of the 97%, and I would rather everyone benefit, or no one benefit. We are ALL Americans, why should I ask someone else to pay a disproportionate share?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The reason they have been less effective is because the US Senate has been unwilling to pass any major spending cuts and pass much less live within a budget.

Stop the effing spending! Frankly stated, there is not a single US Senator who should receive pay or benefits for the 1200+ days they have failed to pass a budget.
I'm good with that.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
I think we should get a hold of Romney's taxes for the last 10 years and figure out how he avoided paying taxes and then eliminate all of those tax loopholes.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think we should get a hold of Romney's taxes for the last 10 years and figure out how he avoided paying taxes
He didn't avoid paying taxes. He paid. But 51% of earners pay no income tax whatsoever. Why not go after that 51%? Shouldn't they contribute? Or is it okay to be a leech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies